It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What kind of car do you Drive (or want to drive)?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2006 @ 04:41 PM
link   
well im 16 but my parents have had 3 cars since ive been alive

1st we had an 85 mercury cougar, the only thing i remember was this black beat with red interior and no heat or a/c
then we got a 92 merceds benz 300E and its still runs!the only major problems we ever had were having to change the ignition and the alternator(WOW HUH)

then we had a 93 jeep grand cherokee that was ok for a few months but then the transmission went, was at the dealers shop for a little over a year being "repaired" then we didnt have it for even a month when the trans started slipping and struggling to get into 2nd gear so my dad got tired of it a sold it back
now we just have our good ole mercedes

Now the type of car I would want is either a corvette or a hummer h1 and im saving up for either one lol, yeah i know out of my reach and one is a gas monster but those are what i like and come on give me some credit, i dont want my parents to pay for it

posted on Mar, 30 2006 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Great post Godservant...
You touch on a lot of good points here. While I cant say I'm completely innocent, as I drive an 05 jeep grand cherokee, I totally understand your point. Life is very short, and to waste most of it working for material objects, well I dont think thats the reason we are here, alive, on this planet. If you happen to be rich, or if it makes you happy to buy new and great things, well, then keep doing what makes you happy. You do have to get SOME enjoyment out of life too. But it gets a little ridiculous when someone is willing to work 60-80 hours a week to have a huge house or fancy cars that they cant even hardly use, because they are at work all the time trying to pay for these things. And I totally agree that we are taught this behavior...just for instance think of how many "popular" songs you know of that talk about "ice" "chains" and "rims" and "benzes"??? I could name a few.....THOUSAND! =) My dream car doesnt even matter, I'd rather buy a small piece of land in the caribbean, like maybe jamaica, have a couple t shirts, a couple pairs of shorts, and get to snorkle everyday in paradise!

posted on Mar, 30 2006 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by dno117
I'd rather buy a small piece of land in the caribbean, like maybe jamaica, have a couple t shirts, a couple pairs of shorts, and get to snorkle everyday in paradise!

What you want to buy Jamacia ?
and you say worldly goods don't matter , but your ambition is to own a feaking whole country , ill stick with my Aston Martin thank you.

posted on Mar, 30 2006 @ 05:22 PM
link   
HAHAHA...

I didnt say buy the WHOLE COUNTRY...I said buy a little piece of land. you know, enough to live on. Sorry if that was unclear

posted on Mar, 30 2006 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Buckeroo...
I just reread my post, and it WAS UNCLEAR!! Sorry bout that.

posted on Mar, 30 2006 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Buckeroo...
I just reread my post, and it WAS UNCLEAR!! Sorry bout that.

I knew what you meant man , just joking it is pretty funny though, "ah well id be happy with say a pair of flip flops a couple o t shirts a pair of sunglasses and oh a small strip of land in the carriebean erm.... ah Jamacia 'll do

posted on Mar, 30 2006 @ 05:43 PM
link   
That IS funny! you know, i like to keep it simple...some dirty shorts, dirty shirts and my own island!!!

posted on Mar, 30 2006 @ 05:51 PM
link   
I used to drive a 1972 240Z, but I sold it before I moved overseas.

These days I ride a Honda CB900F Bol d'Or (I've got a 750F as well, just need the 1100 to complete the collection!).

Theres just something about having to have a leather jacket, helmet and gloves as indespensable accessories...

My Mrs rides a Yamaha Cygnus 180cc scooter. It takes $20 to fill my tank and $3 to fill hers!

Not to mention almost no fuel bill...

I'm going to get a Ural Cossack combination as family transport.

The problem with motorbikes is that they're just so much easier to collect and store than cars. You wake up one day and find you've got six in the garage (not counting your wife's!) and you can actually justify having all of them...

I mean, I need my trailbike for having fun on the weekend and nothing gets down the highway like the 900, but the 750 is really better for around the city and I can't get rid of the 400 because of its rarity value and the 250 was my first bike, and its still such a good emergency runabout...and honey, I saw this beautiful GSX 600 the other day...

posted on Mar, 30 2006 @ 05:52 PM
link   

That IS funny! you know, i like to keep it simple...some dirty shorts, dirty shirts and my own island!!!

Oh yeah , just the basics in life ,its all you need ain't it? im thinking of snaping up new zealand as it happens myself, not sure if it'll have enough room for my dogs though but you should see the prices of Ireland and madaghascar theese days , why id be morgaged up to the hilt

posted on Mar, 30 2006 @ 06:11 PM
link   
At the moment I'm driving a 3 cylinder Geo-Metro hatchback. I live in NE Ohio and I can go visit Mom in eastern-central Michigan for about 10 bucks in gas.
My dream car would be a homebuilt hybrid-electric 3 wheeler with gull wing doors. That would kick butt!

posted on Mar, 30 2006 @ 06:26 PM
link   
I own/drive a 1997 Dodge Grand Caravan.

If I had my way I'd have the newest model with stow-and-go seats.

posted on Mar, 30 2006 @ 06:28 PM
link   
you cant be king of the world, if you'r a slave to the grind..

and thay in power no this and want this to be so.

thay who are surviving are to foucased on getting by to give them much grief.

it's thay who chuze to live, that thay have to worie about...

posted on Mar, 30 2006 @ 06:42 PM
link   
I currrently drive a little 93 volkswagen jetta. Its pretty good on gas so I'll keep it until it falls apart.

posted on Mar, 30 2006 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I dont have a car currently..

but that doesent mean i can't dream

I dont think this one is in production yet.. its just a prototype or consept car as far as i know.

Mitsuoka Orochi

Or this one Lamorghini Diablo

[edit on 30-3-2006 by SilverSurfer]

posted on Mar, 30 2006 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Right now I own a 2005 Ford Explorer XLT. It's nice, full leather, 3rd row, alloys, not too much but I like it a lot. Lot's of space. But I have had my fair share of bucket's in my day. I drove a piece of crap in high school that backfired, try getting a date with that. The way I see it is I am self made, I grew up poor. Nobody has ever given me anything in life. I struggled through my earlier years financially, but through hard work and sheer determination I have built a pretty decent living for myself. That is the American dream, to come from nothing and bust your ass to attain the things that you want. I make more money now than my older sister, me having a high school diploma, she having an MBA. Can't say materialism is good, and I know that money won't buy happiness and all of that, but if you have been broke for long enough you only know one thing. It is better to not be broke. Im 29, single, no kids, and I can buy whatever the hell I want..lol. Im closing on buying my first house sometime in the end April and Im stoked My point is that if you choose to live a modest, humble existence then by all means do it, nothing wrong with that. But don't crap on other people just because they strive for something extra. It's called freedom.

posted on Mar, 30 2006 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Own and drive a 1999 Torch Red Corvette, Fixed Roof Coupe. That's a two seater with a trunk.

It has been as fast as right at 150 mph with lots of pedal but not enough guts left. It gets about 23 mpg in town, but running from my house to Kansas City at 75 - 80 mph, it gets 36 mpg.

I'm kind of like the fellow who owns the Mustang, and posted earlier, much to the chagrin of the folks who are not into fast cars. I have worked hard for my money, had wanted a Corvette since I was 16 (many aeons ago), but war, family, divorce, death, destruction and various other aspects of life got in the way. Finally got this one, the week after 9/11. I don't think I am going to apologize for it either. It is the car they will, in all likelihood, bury me in, or give to my descendents. It's an amazing car and very cool.

posted on Mar, 30 2006 @ 08:49 PM
link   
i currently own a 1972 Chevy Nova,near mint condition, with only 42,000 original miles on it, and with a 307 V8. Forest green, but i think i am going to get it painted dark blue blue, bordering on black. getting a new alpine sound system installed soon as well. it may be the greatest on gas, but let me tell you this thing roars like a beast.

posted on Mar, 30 2006 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Love the car talk and the neat pix. I'm still driving my 1988 Jeep Cherokee, a most versatile vehicle for city as well as off road (one memorable excursion involved backing out the mountain trail we'd followed till it narrowed too much with no place to turn around) But what I'm thinking I need is a hybrid.

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 12:05 AM
link   
[edit on 3/31/2006 by apocalypticon]

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 12:15 AM
link   

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join