It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What kind of car do you Drive (or want to drive)?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2006 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by ANOK
I'll take one that dosen't run on gasoline, that doesn't polute the air we breath, that doesn't make the streets I have to walk unsafe.

Anybody make that?

A bicycle?

The streets I live are so congested I wouldn't be able to park any car I owned within a mile of my house. I'm much happier without one. Having commuted before for jobs I can say I'm never spending 3 hours a day in traffic ever again.

posted on Mar, 30 2006 @ 05:49 AM
link   
I like a "car" that has two wheels and Harley Davidson on the tank.....

posted on Mar, 30 2006 @ 06:07 AM
link   
I'll take a new Saturn Sky. I would love to have a roadster.

posted on Mar, 30 2006 @ 06:08 AM
link   
I'll be happy with anything a bit more powerful than the one I'm learning in.

That is, it must be able to reach 60 mph within an hour

[edit on 30-3-2006 by chebob]

posted on Mar, 30 2006 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Sweet 'HOG' Amuk.

Sanc'.

posted on Mar, 30 2006 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk
I like a "car" that has two wheels and Harley Davidson on the tank.....

OOOhhh... I like that, too!

Mine's a PTV (pup transport vehicle).

posted on Mar, 30 2006 @ 08:35 AM
link   
I did have a 02 subaru impreza 2.0 WRX STi Type UK in premium silver , but insurance payments = no social life
and then i lost my job and she had to go I now " drive" a mountain bike

so from this (not mine BTW)

to this

win the lottery and its gonna be one of theese though

posted on Mar, 30 2006 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Well, it's pretty obvious as to what I drive based on my screen name ID, although I no longer drive a jeep wrangler...I traded in my 4x4 for this, a 2003 nissan xterra in canteen green. I still miss my jeep.

posted on Mar, 30 2006 @ 10:31 AM
link   
The only car in my price range that appeals to me is a Pontiac Sunfire. It has a sleekness and curves that I haven't seen done as well in any other car. I like the 2002-2004 models more than the new ones though. A nice dark purple or black one =).

If not that, the cheapest available car in gas mileage and maintainence, etc.

"When I grow up" I'll probably buy a Lincoln, or either an old black cadillac or an Escalade and be a gangstuh. Once I start making the big bucks, my car will have some sweet rims

As for right now, I walk, bike and take the bus, and only drive when my parents force me to.

[edit on 30-3-2006 by Yarcofin]

posted on Mar, 30 2006 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by godservant
Here is a game for adults who are in a position to pretty get the automobile they want or close to it, not those who were given a car or are forced to get a certain one

just great...a game for rich people......does not the world coddle enough to the rich without this ???

what a useless post

posted on Mar, 30 2006 @ 11:12 AM
link   
2001 Spa Yellow Pearl Honda S2000 - It is simply a fantastic sportscar and we have top-down weather today in MD!
2005 Taffeta White Honda Civic Si - This is my daily driver. It combines good handling, decent MPG and hatchback utility. It's a great car.

posted on Mar, 30 2006 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Alpha- did you read through godservant's posts to see what he was really getting at?

I drive a 93 Jeep Grand Cherokee Larado (gotta makes sure you get the whole name in there
) The gas mileage isn't great, and it tends to stall out on the lower gears (it's an automatic), but it gets me where I'm going, which is home (2 1/2 hours away) or the University of Maine (45 minutes away). I paid $2000 for it last summers, and have kept it pumped full of fluids, cleaned out, and smelling good.
My next car? Eh. This summer I'm looking to buy up a diesel truck or car and convert it to biodiesel. I'd really like to set up my own mini-biodiesel refinery. Maybe my school will give me a storage closet or something..
My dream car isn't really a car at all. In fact, it's sort of transportation and occupation wrapped into one. It runs on wind, and the only thing that needs refueling is the fresh water tank. It may look a little like this:

And that little beut is why I am at Maine Maritime Academy, which has the only small vessel operations/auxillary sailing concentration degree in the nation. It's why I'm willing to put up with a 1-9 female/male ratio, and a campus that is drier than a bone (Which is why I go to Univ. of Maine on the weekends :w: ). I can't imagine a greater job than signing up on a tallship or sailing cruise operation. That is to say, an operation which is not on the coast of maine. I've been living here 19 years, and I want to know what it's like to be warm.

[edit on 30-3-2006 by TheGoodDoctorFunk]

posted on Mar, 30 2006 @ 12:12 PM
link   
i'm splitting my time between my old F-150 4x4 - its great for getting me in and out of the places i like to go to launch my kayak- and my mountian bike, cause its got great gasmilage hehe, for trips around my house neither one of them are shiny or glamourous, but the are both very functional as forms of transport.

i'd like a new land rover in a nice grey if i ever get out of college.
good idea for a post.

posted on Mar, 30 2006 @ 02:07 PM
link   
The car I "want" to drive is how I judge the phases of my life. All through college, as I slaved over hours and hours of study in electrical engineering - my dream was to one day own one of these:

Then...I got married... And had two kids. And bought a house, with a yard (yardwork) and needed wood to heat the house, trash to get rid of, brush to move.... So now, that image above, of my dream car - it's changed slightly. Now it looks more like this:

What's really important in life really starts to change as you get older doesn't it...?

-Ry

posted on Mar, 30 2006 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by ElTiante
2001 Spa Yellow Pearl Honda S2000 - It is simply a fantastic sportscar and we have top-down weather today in MD!
2005 Taffeta White Honda Civic Si - This is my daily driver. It combines good handling, decent MPG and hatchback utility. It's a great car.

I like the s2000 test drived one once, liked it alot went for the impreza in the end though .

[edit on 30-3-2006 by buckaroo]

posted on Mar, 30 2006 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheGoodDoctorFunk
Alpha- did you read through godservant's posts to see what he was really getting at?

yea..did you happen to see the part I quoted ??

nothing pisses me off more than rich people !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Mar, 30 2006 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58

That is going to be my baby for about a year and half.

Midnight blue with black leather interior. Oh, yes. . . ..

Three more weeks.

posted on Mar, 30 2006 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I drive a mazda 626 LX 2001. My next car will be this baby here...

posted on Mar, 30 2006 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I drive a 1986 Chevy Suburban. Terrible gas hog, but has 4wd, and I traded a $400 2wd truck for it. Never concerned much about what people think about my wheels. If they judge me from that, let em. My truck is paid for, and she's reliable. Insurance is cheap too. Always spent money as it comes in, so never had much extra. Been all around the world though. Wouldn't mind an upgrade someday, but only if I get the money without stepping on anybody else. Have a bunch of treasure waiting in heaven though.

posted on Mar, 30 2006 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I currently drive a 3000GT :bnghd:

I am thinking about buying either a new Nissan Z or one of those sexy Saturn Skys.

If I can manage to save the cash I would really like to get one of these bad boys from FFR(kit car):

The Cadillac XLR is nice too

[edit on 043131p://30u37 by Lucid Lunacy]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join