It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bugs in ATS Forum Version?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2006 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Hello there. I seem to be having a few problems posting here (I know others have had the same trouble here before), and I was just wondering if I had stumbled across a bug or three, or if it is just a problem at my end.

1. The text size code tags "[size=?]" only appear to work half of the time, on any size. It will be fine when you preview your post, but upon posting they will not work the majority of the time, or at least 50% of the time.

2. The quote post feature appears to be experiencing some difficulty also, although nowhere near as badly as the text size codes. This is working about 98% of the time for me, but for some reason a few times it will go to quote the post in question, but there will not be any text present in it.

3. I realise I've made a mistake after posting sometimes, or one of the features decides not to work, and I have to go back and try to fix it. When I go back to edit my post, and do whatever, as soon as you add some codes in, like a quote code, or a Bold or italicised code, the whole God Damned post just dissapears! This is infuriating! And by far the worst of the problems I am experiencing.

I have been wondering if these could be problems at my end, but I'm not sure that they are. Are these Bugs within the ATS forum software? If they are they're pretty big ones... I'm not complaining, and it's not that I could programme any better, but can anyone help me out here? Before i go completely insane and throw this @!&*#,./ computer out of the *$%£*(" window!

posted on Mar, 29 2006 @ 06:51 AM
link   
haha ... Code_Burger check your U2Us.

I had just finished sending you a U2U addressing this when I noticed this post.

posted on Mar, 29 2006 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Code_Burger

The text size code tags "[size=?]" only appear to work half of the time, on any size.

Yes, don't use signs like '&"§$%

(but brackets work)

This happens when you choose size=4 and color=Navy color

[edit on 29-3-2006 by Riwka]

posted on Mar, 29 2006 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by 12m8keall2c
haha ... Code_Burger check your U2Us.

I had just finished sending you a U2U addressing this when I noticed this post.

Thank you, 12m8keall2c. That was a big help. The problem was arising due to an apostrophe in the text I was including, if anyone else ever has the same problem. I didn't think of that, since full stops, etc seem to work, I just figured an apostrophe or exclamation mark would too. Silly Code Burger.

Originally posted by Riwka
This happens when you choose size=4 and color=Navy color

HAHA. Thanks for your help, also, Riwka, by the way.

Problem 2 is a very minor glitch I think, that only happens on a fairly rare basis, and is hardly bothersome at all, but what about problem 3? Do any of you guys know what's causing that?

[edit on 29-3-2006 by Code_Burger]

posted on Mar, 29 2006 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Code_Burger
3. I realise I've made a mistake after posting sometimes, or one of the features decides not to work, and I have to go back and try to fix it. When I go back to edit my post, and do whatever, as soon as you add some codes in, like a quote code, or a Bold or italicised code, the whole God Damned post just dissapears! This is infuriating! And by far the worst of the problems I am experiencing.

Happens more than it should.

Check this thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

And if you sort through this forum you will find many posts regarding it.

posted on Mar, 29 2006 @ 07:46 AM
link   
I hadn't seen that thread, Thanks Parrhesia. I had taken it upon myself to take all of those measures mentioned there after the first time it happened anyway, but I was just wondering if it was a bug on ATS, or whether you could actually stop it from happening altogether, by changing some settings or something. I usually always copy my work into a word processing contraption before posting just to make sure I've spelt everything correctly, so sometimes I can paste the post back in. If that fails I can always copy the codes I was adding when my post disappeared, hit the back button, then re-edit the post, but that's only if your editing in something fairly small.

I'm guessing it's a bug with the ATS forum software then? I'm pretty sure it hasn't happened to me on any other message boards.

posted on Mar, 30 2006 @ 04:10 AM
link   
The most common "bug" with the [size=] tag is that if you include in the ' character, it will disable the tag and simply show the BB code.

new topics

top topics

join