It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Books That You Wish were Made Into Films?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2006 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Red Storm Rising could be an excellent film as suggested earlier. I would like to see the pro 2nd amenment books "Unintended Consequences" and "Molon Labe" could be interestinf films.

Finally "the Fifth Profession" I feel could be an excellent movie. I forget the authors names but he wrote "First Blood"

posted on May, 6 2006 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Oh, hell yeah. Hard to find actors for some of the parts, though. Any young blond hottie would do for YT I guess but who ya gonna have as Hiro or Raven? My favorite book, it would have to be done right.

Hiro is of Asian decent correct? How about Jet Li?
As for Raven, he's supposed to be a Hawaian type of complexion isn't he? Hmm... Raven would be a toughy.

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I would like to see the book, "Pretty tough": by liz tigelaar made into a movie.... it's A great book!

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Arthur Clarkes Rendezvous with Rama series. It would be an epic.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Swan's Song by Robert MacCrammon - Post nuclear war

Lightning - Dean Koontz - Nazi time travel

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Savant by James Follet

I know this is an old classic but maybe it deserves to made into a movie...

...The Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 01:28 AM
link   
'A walk in the woods' by Bill Bryson
Two misfits on a 2000 mile trek through the Appalachians.
Very entertaining.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 05:37 AM
link   
I'm not really a fan of books being made into film...Queen of the Damned is probably the biggest reason why. When I first read Harry Potter, I thought it would be a fantastic idea, but I've been exponentially disappointed with each successive one.

However I think anything by H.P. Lovecraft, as long as it's directed by Guillermo Del Torro would be AMAZING.

I love The Catcher in the Rye, but I think a lot of it would be lost in movie form.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Any thing by Clive Cussler. I know Sahara flopped with the critics, but I liked it. Would have been better if they kept the original ending... But yeah, could you imagine Raise the Titanic or Fire Ice? Would be awesome!

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   
There have actually been some HPL movies made.... Dunwich Horror comes to mind...

I'd love to see the Dragonrider of Pern series go into film...

I'd love to see The Cell by Stephen King go to a movie...

Finally, the story arc of Star Wars from the novels with Grand Admiral Thrawn...that would rock....

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I would have to say The Child Called It series. I really liked those books, I think they would make a great movie.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 12:37 AM
link   
the gemmell drenai series.how it hasn't been made yet is beyond me..the druss char alone makes it a no brainer

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 05:21 AM
link   
The Crucifix Killer by Chris Carter
The Executioner by Chris Carter
The Roadside Crosses by Jeffrey Deaver
Skin Gods by Richard Montanari
The Rosary Girls by Richard Montanari

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   
The dragonriders of Pern. yes I know a god awful cartoon came out in the 60s. I am talking a real movie.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by ceci2006

I don't know if it has been mentioned, but one that has been slated for years to become a movie but never has is
Confederacy of Dunces by John Kenndey Toole. Possibly the funniest thing I have ever read. No. It IS the funniest thing I have ever read. John Candy was at one time set to play Ignatious J.

CJ

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by GamerGal
Any thing by Clive Cussler. I know Sahara flopped with the critics, but I liked it. Would have been better if they kept the original ending... But yeah, could you imagine Raise the Titanic or Fire Ice? Would be awesome!

there was a 'Raise the Titanic' movie years ago. it was awful, and virtually nothing like the book.

www.imdb.com...

I'd love to see a movie of James P Blaylock's 'Digging Leviathan', about dueling mad scientists racing to the center of the earth.
en.wikipedia.org...

or Mark Jacobson's 'Gojiro', a fun retelling of the Godzilla mythos hard to find but worth a read
www.amazon.com...=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1311876147&sr=1-1

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
The Dragonlance Saga, a live movie not that cartoon release
Anything written by David Eddings
Necroscope series by Brian Lumbey
The Screwtape Letters by C.S. Lewis

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Any of the Anne McCaffrey dragon books as CGI is now good enough to do them justice.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by rich23
A superb book by Ursula K LeGuin called The Lathe Of Heaven.

en.wikipedia.org...(film)

done a few years ago.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
I would like to see anything by A. Lee Martinez be made into a back, but it would have to be done by the right person. He has a very dry sense of humor in his Sci-Fi books that I find hilarious and very interesting conversations between characters.

One of my favorite books "Nightwatch" which is by a Russian Sci-fi writer Sergei Lukyanenko was made into a movie in Russia and was amazing. I would like to see the other parts to this book "Daywatch", "The Twilight Watch" and "The Last Watch" made into movies. However, not in the US because the many movie makers in the US tend to make movies more for for the mainstream and usually turn great stories into something hokey with teenagers as the lead characters.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join