It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AUSTRALIA-prostitute of the world!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2006 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Australia, my country, the beautiful and vast land the I came to and learnt to love is and has slowly but steadily become the prostitute to the global dollar!

Every where that you look here, especially in the last ten years since priminister John Howard has come to power, every public owned utility has been sold to overseas companies, all manufacturing plants and companies are closing down and moving to asia to follow the international trend of using Asia because of its cheap labour costs to boost company profits.

New Industrial Relations laws have been passed through this week that totaly reduce your rights as a worker bringing them to set the standard amongst western nations, where everyone will be on the minimum wage, to compete with China, everyone will be on individual contracts, abolishing job security and your ability to get a bank loan to build your own home, therefore everyone will be renting tiny apartments in government funded flats. If you ask your boss for an unfair-dismissal clause in you work-contract, then you can be fined upto 6,000 Australian dollars and also if you attend a union organised rally.

Where is the democracy in that?

Now, Australia is in talks to sell Uranium to China and India, possibly making Australias economy stronger still and richer than the Saudis and their oil.

What is the purpose of an internationally owned Australia with a strong economy and government, yet the people will be living in squaler?

Australia is the testing ground for the New World Order system of living and will lead the world by example. By being foreign owned, Australias foreign policy will be dictated by the highest bidder.

If a dispute over Taiwan erupts, and Australia stops shipping it's Uranium to China, then we are effectively holding China to ransom, thus allowing them to storm Australia and take the Uranium by force to keep their energy hungry empire rolling on.

What the hell is this world coming to?

Melbourne_Militia

posted on Mar, 29 2006 @ 03:21 AM
link   
hmmmm..............well I'm glad that I don't see it the same way as you see it. I actually reckon our Prime Minister is doing a great job. I'll also wait & see what the outcome is of the new industrial reforms before I make my decision, & not listen to the union propaganda & Labor Party rhetoric. Remember the storm ina tea cup about the GST? I do. You don't ever think about it these days, do ya?

And, some of us actually have nice homes & lives & don't live in squalor, by the way. I take offence to that statement.

[edit on 29-3-2006 by Figjam]

posted on Mar, 29 2006 @ 03:32 AM
link   
hmm. that's wiggity wacked. but you know how sometimes water is so hot that it feels cold? i'm beginning to think that instead of fighting the trends, we need to add weight to the already weighted side of the scale until it collapses, and we can start with a new one. bring on the NWO till it dies, and let's re-establish local control over our lives again, universally.

posted on Mar, 29 2006 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Figjam
Remember the storm ina tea cup about the GST? I do. You don't ever think about it these days, do ya?

I'm sure the people it pushed under the poverty line think about it quite often. If the lower classes lose their jobs they might lose their homes.. hang on.. they already have been.

posted on Mar, 29 2006 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by riley

Remember the storm ina tea cup about the GST? I do. You don't ever think about it these days, do ya?

I'm sure the people it pushed under the poverty line think about it quite often. If the lower classes lose their jobs they might lose their homes.. hang on.. they already have been.

He's right you know...GST swelled the government coffers but had an adverse effect on Australia's poorest.

The rich get richer and the poor get poorer.

Impact of the GST
3.47 Submissions commented on the adverse financial impact that the GST is having on low income groups. They noted that the costs for many products and services have substantially increased since the introduction of the GST, especially in relation to clothing and other necessities, utility prices, insurance, and household services including repairs and maintenance. It was commented on that the compensation arrangements in relation to tax cuts and pension increases for low income households when the GST was introduced has been inadequate.

www.aph.gov.au...

[edit on 29-3-2006 by sanctum]

posted on Mar, 29 2006 @ 05:04 AM
link   
FIGJAM- I dont know what royal family you were born into for you not to have had any sort of after effects from the introduction of the GST or these industrial relations laws. Do you remember John Cowards quote of " The GST will not increase the price of fuel", well? do ya? Now we pay GST on top of the excise levy - a tax on top of a tax, and what is the price of fuel now? And as for the Industrial Relations laws being over hyped union propaganda, just have a look at how many companys IN THE FIRST 3 DAYS have sacked their workers and offered to re-employ them on a casual contract( thats casual as in NOT FULL TIME OR STABLE EMPLOYMENT) with no Rostered Days Off which are earnt by the employees anyway, no overtime rates and no penalty rates for afternoon or night shift!

FIGJAM - you must either be living under a rock and not seeing whats going on in the real world, totaly ignorant of the facts of the matter, blinded by love of the liberal party or as mentioned previously born into some sort of unknown australian royal family

SNYDOG - as for your quote of "...bring on the NWO...." I truly feel sorry for the uninformed and ignorant for they will be the first too perish when they try to impress and embrace those with whome they beleive they share the same ideals with only to be mistaken. You think you know what the NWO will bring, you think it'll bring more security, more control, more economic benefit......but unfortunately it will not be to you or me, for we will be misled and misrepresented by our so-called leaders in power to beleive that what they are bringing on will benefit the nation.....and it probably will, on paper and the halls of government, but the average 'joe-blow' down the street will not be able to afford to put descent food on his families table, will not be able to hold a stable job, will not know what hours he will have to work, will not be able to own his own home, provide for his family, afford to send his children to school, because he will be on one of the five minimum conditions that the government has empossed on everyone, the main one being the minimum wage! Wake up and smell the Coffoo FIGJAM and keep your immature rhetoric for your schoolyard friends who obviously would be very impressionable with your comments of the ill-informed.

RILEY - how correct you are,

" I'm sure the people it pushed under the poverty line think about it quite often. If the lower classes lose their jobs they might lose their homes.. hang on.. they already have been. "

When people are loosing their homes, because they have either lost their jobs, their pay has been so -reduced that they cannot afford to pay their mortgages, the banks come in and take whats left and they are virtually on the street....then will people start to pay attention at how governments are shafting their citizens?

Is this what it will take to guage public reaction and will this be the result that the priminister is looking for? Will this be his results he is looking for?

Let me just say this, when a man has lost everything he has, then he has nothing left to loose - what value then does he put on his own life and how drastic will his actions be to voice his dissapproval?

I'll let you ponder this for abit, keep your comments coming for a healthy debate is one of the virtues of democracy......for now atleast.

Melbourne_Militia

posted on Mar, 29 2006 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Its not prositution, its Globalisation, its the free and common market. If a company wants to hire better workers from asia who will work for less money, then they shoudl. If the australian people want that work, then they'll have to either become better workers, or move to asia to get those jobs. Similarly, if they want lower prices on products for themselves, then they should be free to purchase stuff from other countries.

abolishing job security and your ability to get a bank loan to build your own home, therefore everyone will be renting tiny apartments in government funded flats

This sounds more like hysteria than truth. Under a globalist system, there wouldn't be government restrictions on labour.

What is the purpose of an internationally owned Australia with a strong economy and government, yet the people will be living in squaler?

Who cares if the australian people live in squalor. If they can't compete in the market, why do they 'deserve' the money? Australians are better than the rest of the world or something???

Australia is the testing ground for the New World Order

Its amazing, but there are so many australians that say this sort of thing. I find it fascinating. Australia, the jewel of the NWO!

posted on Mar, 29 2006 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Melbourne_Militia

SNYDOG - as for your quote of "...bring on the NWO...." I truly feel sorry for the uninformed and ignorant for they will be the first too perish when they try to impress and embrace those with whome they beleive they share the same ideals with only to be mistaken. You think you know what the NWO will bring, you think it'll bring more security, more control, more economic benefit......but unfortunately it will not be to you or me, for we will be misled and misrepresented by our so-called leaders in power to beleive that what they are bringing on will benefit the nation.....and it probably will, on paper and the halls of government, but the average 'joe-blow' down the street will not be able to afford to put descent food on his families table, will not be able to hold a stable job, will not know what hours he will have to work, will not be able to own his own home, provide for his family, afford to send his children to school, because he will be on one of the five minimum conditions that the government has empossed on everyone, the main one being the minimum wage! Wake up and smell the Coffoo FIGJAM and keep your immature rhetoric for your schoolyard friends who obviously would be very impressionable with your comments of the ill-informed.

did you enjoy your ranting mr. melbourne? First off, welcome to the plight of a lot of the world. This ecconomic era that you see australia entering into is not new. People have been dealing with these issues for decades.
Do I think that the NWO will bring increaed security and jobs and a rosy red future? no. but here's the deal. the world economy relies on perpetual expansion, and there comes a time where there are finite limits. that time is approaching. there are two options - you can resist the future, or you can be constructive. The first to perish will be the rigid. I am not unsympathetic regarding the road ahead. And i am not terribly pleased about it either. There will probably come a time when i look back to today and long for a lot of the luxuries that i have now. oppressive NWO can only exist to enslave people who are willing to be enslaved. and those who are willing will be those who will be depending on the established systems, and expecting reform and change to come through those channels. this expectation must go. a truely rich society is composed of a population of self-motivated, responsible, and creative people. Reliance on government security robs society of those virtues and that wealth. I welcome anything that could help to re-establish this. i see that you have two choices, you can daydream about the good ol days, and complain about the curent state of affairs, or you can step up and start living a self-made life.

posted on Mar, 29 2006 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Nature's first green is gold,
Her hardest hue to hold.
Her early leaf's a flower;
But only so an hour.
Then leaf subsides to leaf.
So Eden sank to grief,
So dawn goes down to day.
Nothing gold can stay.
-Robert Frost

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Seriously dude, you need to take a chill pill!!

I am not of the Royal Family, I'm just a hard worker who has worked for everything I ever got / owned / had.

As a matter of fact, I'm extremely happy to tell you that as of the introduction of the GST, the sales tax on TAMPONS went from 21% down to 10%, which is great for 52% of the population of Australia who were being kept poorer than the 48% of the population who only ever needed to buy CONDOMS..........coincidentally at a sales tax rate of only 11%!!!

So now that everything has an across the board Sales Tax ( or GST, same thing ) of just 10% I find it extremely fair. THe cost of luxury items, along with other items which ranged from 11% Sales tax & right up to 31% Sales Tax has now become fairer. Dunno how you can think its not fairer............unless you're dillusional!

BUT, if you're one of those people in this country that expect everything & do nothing, & expect the rest of us to give you hand outs at OUR expense, then I can see why YOU would think that the GST was unfair. Get off your arse & do something instead of whinging about what the "have's" actually have.

Also, the price of petrol in this country is nothing to do with the GST, its to do with the Arabs & the price of oil per barrel. Yes, there's a tax on there that is unfair & put on by the Federal Govt, but we all have to pay it if we drive................we use the funds to support the Social Welfare system. How else do you think this thing runs, on air?

...........nearly forgot. My "rock" is fine thanx, & at least I own it!!

[edit on 31-3-2006 by Figjam]

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 02:11 AM
link   

BUT, if you're one of those people in this country that expect everything & do nothing, & expect the rest of us to give you hand outs at OUR expense, then I can see why YOU would think that the GST was unfair. Get off your arse & do something instead of whinging about what the "have's" actually have.

Believe it or not there are many 'have nots' that work just as hard if not harder than the 'haves'. I know it's convenient to assume poverty is caused through laziness but thats not the reality.

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by riley
Believe it or not there are many 'have nots' that work just as hard if not harder...
it's convenient to assume poverty is caused through laziness but thats not the reality.

even if you work "hard" and you don't find yourself getting anywhere, and so you complain for someone else to do something, you are LAZY.

there are no turn-key success opertinities out there. they each need created, and are only successful when they fulfill a societal need at the time.

That said, there is no guarantee of success in doing everything for yourself either. the best chance people have of success is by surrounding themselves with trusted friends and family, and cooperatively put their efforts together. Social welfare programs have eroded our family structures, creating a dependence on the state instead. but the family structure was the largest wealth that people ever had.

[edit on 31-3-2006 by snyddogg]

posted on Apr, 1 2006 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by riley

Believe it or not there are many 'have nots' that work just as hard if not harder than the 'haves'. I know it's convenient to assume poverty is caused through laziness but thats not the reality.

Well that would be a huge generalisation, wouldn't it? No, I'm talking to this dude only.

[edit on 1-4-2006 by Figjam]

posted on Apr, 1 2006 @ 04:33 AM
link   
There are many challenges, I guess in Australia. However this is something which would be present in any economy. Every economy has challenges there is nothing new about this.

The tax system is quite interesting. I read somewhere about the tax system being under review or a study to be conducted into the tax system in Australia. I have read this somewhere, due to the tax system, there is a lot of migration of skilled workers like nurses and teachers to other parts of the world. Is this correct? Has there been any changes in the tax system?
I personally think, this is important as the country does provide money to those who cannot earn and this money is part of the money you have worked hard to earn and the government spends it or gives it, it is accountable to explain. I understand the government coffeers...ended up with a surplus of a billion or so dollors....what is happening with the tax is the question I would be asking along with obviously the other challenges....
I think, there should be a system in the government where these questions need to be answered by the government or the PM. It is at the end money of the public and he the PM is a government servant. Australians are a matured community, and i think there should be transparency between what the government is doing and why?

Hope there is some positive developments.

On the point of workers rights, what is working in another country doesnt mean it may work in Australia, i agree with that statement. Need to weigh the pros and cons of the decision before taking a measure, which i guess and i am presuming the government would have made before making the decision.
Is there any link were we can get information on these issues.

Thanks all and cheers

Knowledge23

posted on Apr, 1 2006 @ 04:20 PM
link   
If Australia is the prostitute of the world,that must make New Zealand the good sister australia always gets jelous at

Damn australia.If mother england was here to see the state your in.Oh wait.She has

posted on May, 1 2006 @ 09:02 AM
link   
As you can tell by my avatar - I am Australian.

I think you've blown this whole thing out of proportion. Mr Howard and company are doing a fine job running this country.

Interest rates have dropped from 17.5%+ to as low as 6%. The GST doesn't really affect anyone - and those who it does affect should have considered staying in school instead of flunking for a janitors job.

The economy now is was stronger than 10 years ago. Our dollar buys 0.75$ US as opposed to the 0.45$ US it was getting in 99.

posted on May, 10 2006 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Melbourne_Militia
FIGJAM- I dont know what royal family you were born into for you not to have had any sort of after effects from the introduction of the GST or these industrial relations laws. Do you remember John Cowards quote of " The GST will not increase the price of fuel", well? do ya? Now we pay GST on top of the excise levy - a tax on top of a tax, and what is the price of fuel now?

From a Federal perspective we dont pay more for the fuel - its the state based taxes (run by the LABOR governments) that were supposed to be reduced after the introduction of the GST that causes the problems.

And as for the Industrial Relations laws being over hyped union propaganda, just have a look at how many companys IN THE FIRST 3 DAYS have sacked their workers and offered to re-employ them on a casual contract( thats casual as in NOT FULL TIME OR STABLE EMPLOYMENT) with no Rostered Days Off which are earnt by the employees anyway, no overtime rates and no penalty rates for afternoon or night shift!

Did you ever stop to think about the owners of those companies that have often mortgaged and borrowed themselves to the limit to start up and run those businesses?

Is it fair that they have to offer someone a job and when things start going bad for them - THE ONES THAT HAVE MADE THE EFFORT TO ESTABLISH THE BUSINESS - they are unable to protect their own interests?

Im sorry to say it but if the employees want the same kind of control over their income and job situation maybe they should be looking at making the same committment that the small business owners have had to make to get where they are, instead of bitching and whining when the boss has to lay them off because his business is no longer productive or profitable.

new topics

top topics

join