It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's an alien, what's a demon?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2006 @ 02:20 AM
link   
On another thread in this area, there's a post by a member who suggests that Reptilians may actually be demons.

That got me thinking. When people talk about aliens, they seem to be describing beings that are little different from the gods and demons of old-established belief. Likewise, when people talk about demons (or gods), they describe beings with powers of the sort often attributed to aliens -- such as the ability to appear instantaneously out of nowhere and disappear again, to force humans to do things against their will, to travel beyond the earth and in many cases beyond the cosmos as we know it.

Could it possibly that aliens and demons are really both the same thing in the end, and that our varying terms for and definitions of them are just a result of our different individual beliefs and cultural backgrounds?

posted on Mar, 29 2006 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Demons are figments we assign a life form.

Aliens are life forms we assign our figments.

[edit on 3/29/2006 by EarthSister]

posted on Mar, 29 2006 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Astyanax
Likewise, when people talk about demons (or gods), they describe beings with powers of the sort often attributed to aliens -- such as the ability to appear instantaneously out of nowhere and disappear again, to force humans to do things against their will, to travel beyond the earth and in many cases beyond the cosmos as we know it.

Or to throw fireballs, level cities with an evil stare and get burnt by holy water.

It really depends on who you ask. Personally I think Demons are whatever you like them to be. Just look at Horny in Dungeon Keeper (PC game)... He's hardly an alien

posted on Mar, 29 2006 @ 10:31 AM
link   
To me, demons are thought images projected by our desires,fears,emotions, et cetera. It can be argued that physical existence itself is a demon because it keeps us from seeing spiritual truth. An alien is basically an entity that is,like we are, trapped in the realms of time and space looking for a way out.

posted on Mar, 29 2006 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Here's a visual aid.

Aliens are generally considered to be the same thing as "extraterrestrials," which is basically "not of this Earth." They are biological creatures, not necessarily good or bad, but just scary and strange because they don't communicate well, we don't know what they want, and they have superior technology that makes us feel vulnerable.

Demons, on the other hand, are supernatural creatures that appear biological but are actually half-animal/half-spirit. They are intelligent, but pretty much always evil, and are usually doing the work of a greater evil entity, such as "Satan." So they're like evil sub-contractors. And they're local boys, not from other planets, but different realms of this Earth. They use magic instead of technology.

posted on Mar, 29 2006 @ 11:40 AM
link   
i believe that aliens & demons are one in the same i'll probably get slammed for saying this........ but demons were angels untill god kicked them out of heaven with satan........the bible says that lucifer drew a third of the angels with him............when god cursed lucifer his appearance changed thus to the begiling serpent........a serpent is a reptile hence the form of a reptilian............i think that it is possible that this appearance change happend to the *(now fallen angels) or demons..........there is teaching in some christian circles that even suggest that these fallen ones have even had sex with human women which in turn created an offspring of giants (david & goliath)................just a little food for thought:

posted on Mar, 29 2006 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Maybe they are one and the same but what is quite strange is that people seem to have some explanation that relates to god and the devil.

My suspision is that something wants us bogged down in this way of thinking. It kind of validates everything they do and puts their actions sort of out of our reach. Sort of unquestionable.

If you think like ...oh its god and the devil then you are just accepting everything they do as ultimate authority.

Personally I rather prefer to think of them as visiting individuals who have no more power over us then we decide to give them.

So I think people should totally relagate this mode of thinking to the dustbin and maybe we will start to see more truth arise when it comes to who or what they are. We may then be able to bypass out own enforced (taken almost for granted) opinions of who or what they are.

It is all speculation anyway and those who think they know most probably dont.

posted on Mar, 29 2006 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Ok, so what the Evangelicals are saying is that daemons are incorporeal spirits that posses the bodies of the living, rather than creatures. Has this always been the case in biblical accounts? I'm no expert, and would like the opinion of someone who remembers this stuff better than me.

posted on Mar, 29 2006 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Good post enkido. One point that I differ in opinion on is that demons are half-animal/half-spirit. I believe they are all spirit and differ from many other spirits floating around these parts in that they were never human. They're certainly beastly but please don't put animals down like that.

This is a good book on the subject imo. www.thedemonologist.net/

posted on Mar, 29 2006 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ectoterrestrial
Ok, so what the Evangelicals are saying is that daemons are incorporeal spirits that posses the bodies of the living, rather than creatures. Has this always been the case in biblical accounts? I'm no expert, and would like the opinion of someone who remembers this stuff better than me.

well depending on the individual some people embrace demon possession while others fight against it ......(dont accept) those who embrace it will have supernatural manifestations of the possession(shapeshifting) i believe those who embrace it probably tend to hide it..

posted on Mar, 29 2006 @ 11:27 PM
link   
People seem to think "they are symbols" or "figments spawned from our own concousness" "they are demons". Implying that they can not be a creature existing in their own right but have to fit something in a grand narsistic plan.

Well, what can you expect, I mean humans would naturaly have a narsistic view of ourselves (or themselves depending on perspective). Me me me, what does this mean to me.

Anything in oposition (not total submission) must be a demon right? If they have ethics anywhere near ours, and are flawed beings like us by our standards they would be monsters.

We cannot regard something else other then human as a equal, after all, do we consider ourselves equal?

Though what can I expect, we are narsistic, they probably are. So is the nature of this eistance. The more flawed beings, the less they are able to understand eachother, though close in amounts of being flawed, the more flawed even harder they find it able to understand. Something perfect, reaching perfection can understand everything, including the most flawed of flawed beings and all inbetween.

posted on Mar, 30 2006 @ 12:48 AM
link   
A lot of people seem convinced that the "gods" who appeared to human beings back in the day were actually visitors from other planets. The von Daniken hypothesis, I suppose you'd call it.

It's not too great a leap of imagination to consider that "demons" might well be the same thing. In fact it makes more sense, considering that the experiences related by alien abductees are so often horrifying and traumatic.

Another way of looking at it might be that "aliens" are simply the guise in which demonic entities present themselves to humanity in modern, technological cultures where "spiritual" explanations of phenomena are not so popular.

So, is there some way we can tell for sure?

posted on Mar, 30 2006 @ 01:29 AM
link   
An alien could be termed a being of extra-terrestrial/extra dimensional origin.
This alien being may or may not be an evil being. (a demon)

A demon could be termed an evil being/conciousness/spirit/entity. This evil being/conciousness could inhabit a human body, animal body, alien body etc. or exist without a physical manifestation.

An alien isn't necessarily a demon but can be.
A demon isn't necessarily an alien but can be.

posted on Mar, 30 2006 @ 02:59 AM
link   
I've always thought that demons are spirits, as Beezwaxes said, and I believe them to be totally different entities.

What I find odd is that many people point out the similarities between demonic encounters alien abduction, and then conclude that aliens must be demons, rather than the other way round.

The way I see it, aliens have probably been here, influencing our development, for thousands, if not millions of years, and the war in heaven, and all the nephillim(sp?) stuff is the result of that, rather than the current alien encounters being demonic activity.

[edit on 30-3-2006 by Perturabo]

posted on Mar, 30 2006 @ 03:25 AM
link   
perturabo///

The way I see it, aliens have probably been here, influencing our development, for thousands, if not millions of years, and the war in heaven, and all the nephillim(sp?) stuff is the result of that, rather than the current alien encounters being demonic activity.

Actually that quote......reminds me off the song that goes like this........''I've been around for a long, long time, wont you guess my name''?
I think Barry Manillow sang that!

Anyway,
There is a good book that i read awhile back..Jaques Valle.....he actually goes into miracles of Faith and alien beings , being one and the same ........
I actually believe that Demons and aliens are in fact ONE and the same....always have been ....although there was a time when I simply would not listen to anyone that told me otherwise(there is no life on other planets)....
The aliens and the Demons are very similar .....not only in appearance, but in their behaviour and as .....Astyanax///

r gods), they describe beings with powers of the sort often attributed to aliens -- such as the ability to appear instantaneously out of nowhere and disappear again, to force humans to do things against their will, to travel beyond the earth and in many cases beyond the cosmos as we know it.

This quote ''such as the ability to appear instantaneously out of nowhere and disappear again''........is very much how demons act....but demons will not come to you and in any way hurt you without your consent or permission......if one has dabbled into the occult, then that is sure permission for a demon to interfere in ones life......
Many people not aware of how demons work,choose to allow themselves to be tricked by demons ....
Demons are known to be able to change themselves into any form they like,and this actually fools many people into believing that what they see is actually what it is......this is not so.
Many early fathers of the Church age have experienced similar sightings and behavior from Demonic activity.......only with prayer and fasting does an actual demon leave ones presence...but only for a little while....the the demon/s come back with full force.........
Iam actully speaking of my own experience with seances and alien beings... i have also spoken to others who have had similar experiences while dabbling in the occult or the paranormal.........

helen

posted on Mar, 30 2006 @ 12:14 PM
link   
"Another way of looking at it might be that "aliens" are simply the guise in which demonic entities present themselves to humanity in modern, technological cultures where "spiritual" explanations of phenomena are not so popular.

So, is there some way we can tell for sure?"

-Well, there are reported encounters where 'aliens' scatter at the mention of Jesus. Demons are deceivers by most accounts and it would seem right up their alley to do just that. False hope is a common ploy. That's not to say there aren't other intelligent creatures living amongst the cosmos. Just that there's a good chance these spirits are muddying up the water, so to speak.

posted on Mar, 30 2006 @ 12:16 PM
link   
I myself do tend not to explain everything by technological stuff, I mean a from quite a few reports they tend to do stuff that is very not-secular or purely technological, aka the 'good ones' are like "We are not gods, but mear servents of God" and they frequently use 6th sense powers, or general metaphysical stuff.

Well all bodys have spirits which do become higher or lower beings so spirital stuff isn't realy just in some other world. Its in this one right now (just a oppion). All places are connected.

posted on Mar, 30 2006 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Spirits are almost certainly 'here' right now (I think they are). Most of us usually can't sense them. -That's not necessarily a bad thing. Our senses offer a very very narrow view of what's around us and that's just in regard to this dimension. Think of it as a filter. There are those who have a courser element and those who have learned how to make openings in it. It seems that at times, holes are opened from an outside source.

posted on Mar, 30 2006 @ 06:32 PM
link   
But do they have physical bodys? Are their physical other dimensions other then this one?

Mabey they exist mearly as something spawned by us, but they could have a existance illrelevent of our ideas.

posted on Mar, 30 2006 @ 06:40 PM
link   
i post this link all over the place so you've probably seen it. if you havent go to it and read. its explains a lot.

www.bibleufo.com...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join