It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Buy a soda, choose it's flavor on the go.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2006 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Ipifini Inc., a company in the biotechnology field, has developed a soda that allows you to choose the flavor, after you've purchased it.

Ipifini

There was no real text information about the product on their website, but I think that the picture explains enough though.

I think this is a really cool product.
I'll bet once it's patented and mass produceable, that it storms the beverage market.

It gives you the freedom to choose what flavor you want, and it looks cool.

Comments, Opinions?

[edit on 3/29/2006 by iori_komei]

posted on Mar, 29 2006 @ 12:45 AM
link   
WOW thats a pretty cool concept. Man I hope they makes these soon.

You know people are going to press all the flavors
Theres a Soda around were I live called "Iron Brew" and its a mix off all the Soda flavors they produce and its actually good IMO.

posted on Mar, 29 2006 @ 01:34 AM
link   

A company called Ipifini has come up with an idea for a CUSTOMIZABLE SODA . The bottle is filled with carbonated sugar water. Several buttons on the bottle, when pressed by the consumer, release flavors, fragrances or colors -- up to 32 possible soda choices in a single bottle. ...
tailrank.com...

The option of having caffeine in your drink, or not, will be a big marketing item.
I can't wait to see these in the stores.....

posted on Mar, 29 2006 @ 07:32 AM
link   
I dont understand why this is useful at all? Once the flavour has been chosen you wont be able to switch it to another one, and surely this will cost more in production so why will a consumer buy a product that costs more but just ends up the same as any other cheaper drink. Would you pay more for a car if you could select its permanent colour as red, than a car thats already red?

-George

posted on Mar, 29 2006 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Shadow, are you thinking of Iron Bru? big glass bottles, orange drink? Last time I had it was in Scotland, but it was gooooood

posted on Mar, 29 2006 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by gfad
I dont understand why this is useful at all?

Soccer Moms? Joey likes cherry coke, but Billy likes regular cola and Johnny likes a dastardly combination of coke, root beer and lemon/lime. Mom just buys 3 and lets them sort it out.

Parties? Buy a crapload and all the guests can have whatever flavor they want. Just don't bump them together too hard!

Very interesting item.

I can't help but wonder what exactly is in those little flavor bubbles, though...

I don't drink soft drinks, but this should be interesting.

posted on Mar, 29 2006 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheGoodDoctorFunk
Shadow, are you thinking of Iron Bru? big glass bottles, orange drink? Last time I had it was in Scotland, but it was gooooood

Its "Iron Brew" around here its brownish, made by a small local soda company called Foxon Parks.
www.foxonpark.com... =9

I just looked at the site and it says its a "unique soda that has its roots in old Scotland." So you may indeed be right and it came from Scotland I didnt know that.

I love the stuff..

[edit on 29-3-2006 by ShadowXIX]

posted on Mar, 29 2006 @ 02:50 PM
link   
So I can add all the flavors right?

and recreate the suicide drink in 1 bottle?

posted on Mar, 29 2006 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Ok, ill have 8 drinks from one, drink one wash out, fill with water and put another flavour in. Not so genius marketing idea.

posted on Mar, 29 2006 @ 04:36 PM
link   
yeah, and I want a flying car, my eye to act as a credit card and a homefurnished nuclear reactor to power my home.

posted on Mar, 29 2006 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shakeyjc
Ok, ill have 8 drinks from one, drink one wash out, fill with water and put another flavour in. Not so genius marketing idea.

That would only work if you had your only cola base to keep adding, its not just water and if you can make your own cola base nothing is really stopping you from adding your own cherry flavor aswell.

posted on Mar, 29 2006 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX
That would only work if you had your only cola base to keep adding,

The bottle is filled with carbonated sugar water.

Source

I think Shakeyjc's on to something here.

posted on Mar, 29 2006 @ 04:55 PM
link   
I've seen something similar here in canada lately. It's a flavoured powder pack you can buy, and add to bottled water. This is just one step further. Kind of a cool idea I think.

Does anyone remember as kids being out somewhere (for me it was the bowling ally) and getting "swamp water"? You would get the guy behind the counter to fill your cup with a bit of each soda. It was great!

posted on Mar, 29 2006 @ 05:09 PM
link   

yeah, and I want a flying car, my eye to act as a credit card and a homefurnished nuclear reactor to power my home.

H=Give me a 10billion, and I'll give you a warp capable car, any body part acting like a credit card and an anti-matter reactor.

Ok, seriously though, what problesm do you see with the product, it's real, just has to be patented, and it has the potential to be a major hit item.

Does anyone remember as kids being out somewhere (for me it was the bowling ally) and getting "swamp water"? You would get the guy behind the counter to fill your cup with a bit of each soda. It was great!

Hehe, yeah I remember doing that when I was littler, only difference was I used one of those soda things that allows you to get your soda.

posted on Mar, 29 2006 @ 05:09 PM
link   
You still have to buy the seltzer water ( carbonated water) and the sugar. Shakeyjc's was making it seem like you could just refill with tap water or something.

seltzer water and flavored Syrups have been avaiable to the public for years but not that many people buy it and make their own soda when compared to people that just buy ready made soda.

posted on Mar, 30 2006 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Actually, I think that this product could be produced cheaper than some of you think. Ipifini only has to have one production line to make this customizable pop, whereas somebody like Coca-cola has several, for all the different types of pops they make. Each bottle would need more of the 'flavouring' than a normal pop would, but I think it would cost less in some of the 'behind the scenes' stuff, like equipment (like I said, one production line), marketing (only one product to advertise), and that sort of thing. Whether the extra flavouring would outweigh the other savings, I am not sure, but I hope so, because this product sounds really cool.

(and yeah shadow I would probably be one of those pressing multiple flavours when I drank this
)

posted on Mar, 30 2006 @ 11:09 AM
link   
oh man! i came up with this exact idea 2 years ago

posted on Mar, 30 2006 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I think this idea would also take off in vending machines. Where I work, the vending machine is always running out of Pepsi and Mountain Dew. With something like this, I never have to worry about whether or not the vending machine is out of Mountain Dew or Pepsi.... Just put the coins in, press the button, and out pops whatever flavor you want...

posted on Mar, 30 2006 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Now if they would only do this with beer.

I am skeptical as to how good this stuff will taste. I dont know much about the production of soda, but it seems like it is a bit more involved than just adding a teaspoon of flavor to your sugar water. It is a cool concept, but I am betting it will taste like crap. More novelty/gimmick for the kids than quality product for us grown-ups, but we'll see.

posted on Mar, 30 2006 @ 01:29 PM
link   
This is nothing new or commercially viable. I've made my own rootbeer, and that was 7 years ago. I think it is ridiculous to think a company will spend money to equip drinks with 7 out of 8 flavors that a customer will not use; that is a waste of money.

A bottle of soda currently cost a dollar, equiping it with equipment to produce its own flavors is going to cost what? 8 times as much?

And I think if you can't make your mind up at the vending machine you shouldn't be drinking sodas, it has rotted your brain and left you with no imagination or decision making.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join