It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Me and "Them"- Alien Experiences

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ectoterrestrial
Wish I could throw together an animation for of the logarithmic map, but I don't have the appropriate software installed. But the growing, rotating square you drew would correspond to a waves moving across a ripling sea filling up more and more of your visual cortex or optical nerve. The waves would actually be more pointy than the sine waves in that graphic I linked to.

Like you said, the question is, was this induced from within your brain, first, or induced from some external source?

I just think it is interesting that the pattern you saw in your vision corresponds to a lateral 'flood fill' in your visual neurons in the brain.

[edit on 4-4-2006 by Ectoterrestrial]

Since the eyes are basically receptors it is left to the brain to form and interpret the imagery. Therefore images can come from a host of different sources triggered via stress or even simple things such as a signal firing to the brain due to a vertebral readjustment or even rising to a standing position too quickly. I believe stress can manifest transparent/translucent imagery, usually geometric in nature. Although, these shapes tend to be in groups or patterns.

Is this simmilar to what you are describing Ecto?

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by jbondo
Is this simmilar to what you are describing Ecto?

Yes, that true. Many different stimuli and stressors can cause the neurons in the visual centers of the brain to "misfire" (Although misfiring might be too quickly denying some alternate usage.)

However, jritz's experience need not have originated from some internal stimulus. I would imagine that some external stimulus could generate such an effect if aimed well.

Scientists have, for example, been able to draw moving points of lights and lines in the vision of permanently blind people through stimulation of the visual cortex.

There are many levels of visual interpretation. The first few layers transform the retinas relatively round service to the logarithmic map I described previously, and from there, layers of neruons, for example, identify stripes of dark and light patterns. These neurons only trigger if a strip of similar intensity is found in the image, These layers overlap with many others. Any one of which could fire and generate a complex image.

What struck me about jritz's story is that a spinning square correlates very well with a cascading saturated firing within the optical nerve.

As for what that might mean, or where it could come from, I could only speculate further, and without any additional input evidence, it would be pointless.

For example, he might have been having a saturating seisure that preceded a hallucination. Or, he could have been subject to a strong stimulating element from an entity communicating to him through his mind.

Either could occur without any physcal manifestation of photons in his room.

[edit on 5-4-2006 by Ectoterrestrial]

mod edit: Trim Those Quotes!

[edit on 6-4-2006 by sanctum]

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 02:00 AM
link   
I don't want to sound impatient and selfish and all, but I'm selfishly impatient to hear the next instalment of these revelations. How about it, then?

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 08:25 AM
link   
jritzmann

If you knew how much I envy you for your experiences.......you would laugh......If I could I would take it all away from you in a heartbeat (if that is what you wanted)

I know you think I am a "kook"...but I am not...just someone hoping and wishing for "more"

Good Luck to you & your wife...I hope the whole experience does not trouble you too much.

[edit on 6-4-2006 by Alpha Grey]

posted on Apr, 7 2006 @ 09:05 AM
link   
I watched ur squre jritzman very interesting...

I remember an experience with general anesthetic.

I got the injection and watched a 'kaleidoscope' of the view i was seeing rotate in much the same way as u showed. Seriously it was like about 100 of the same view rotating and going AWAY instead of going towards me like the square you showed.

I thought it could help providing what I experienced under some 'drug' to what you experienced to help your research.

Regards,

- Nazgarn

posted on Apr, 7 2006 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Astyanax
I don't want to sound impatient and selfish and all, but I'm selfishly impatient to hear the next instalment of these revelations. How about it, then?

Sorry I havent been around much, we had a massive computer meltdown 2 days ago and my machine is in severe peril of losing everything I had on it, a motherboard and video card replaced today did nothing.

I'm on a temp SG machine now, so lemme get some stuff done and I'll get back in here this weekend.

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by jritzmann

lemme get some stuff done and I'll get back in here this weekend.

It's Wednesday now... need any help?

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Hey Jritz, I have no intention of hijacking your thread, but I thought you might find the following interesting:

"Zapping the brain with electricity to cure various maladies has slipped in and out of vogue over the past two millennia (see "Zaps from the past"). In recent years, however, it has fallen out of favour, superseded by a more powerful non-invasive technique called transcranial magnetic stimulation. TMS works by penetrating the skull not with electricity but with a magnetic field, causing all the neurons in a particular region to fire in concert. After TMS stimulation stops, depending on the frequency of magnetic pulses, this can have the effect of either switching that region on, or turning it off."

From www.newscientist.com

Maybe you experienced something like TMS, the result of which 'turned something on' in your brain.

I'm pretty sure the effect would not be permanent, and TMS would have to be applied occasionally to reactivate a part of your brain.

Also note, that if TMS is done incorrectly by a doctor, it can trigger a seisure. So it has to be done very carefully.

[edit on 12-4-2006 by Ectoterrestrial]

[edit on 12-4-2006 by Ectoterrestrial]

posted on Apr, 16 2006 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Will this interesting story continue or not? Did the MIBs silence ritzman?

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 11:54 AM
link   
He's having PC problems. RMPL

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by hoeon
Will this interesting story continue or not? Did the MIBs silence ritzman?

Hardly.
As Jb said, major computer issues, but theyre getting worked out. It's put a severe cramp in my home time, but we'll get back to it soon.

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Dear Mr. Ritzmann,

I am a science teacher in Georgia, and an amateur UFO buff. I have been studying different accounts of the phenomenon for over 10 years. I am thankful that I have never been involved in the horrific experiences that some, including you, report.

I find your story compelling, and have registered with ATS to post a message to you (although I have been visiting this site for a while). I find the following instances in your story appear to give it veracity (truthfulness, acceptability):

1. Beings which are "amoral." They care for nothing but their own purposes.

2. Moving lights which may lead to an "encounter." I heard an account once of one of these lights which had crashed in Russia. The sphere was made from extremely light materials and included a wire mesh made from molecule thin strands of gold surrounded by a layer of quartz. A reconnosance vehicle controlled by thought perhaps?

3. The ability to plant suggestions in one's mind to appear to alter reality or influence decisions. Your desire for a cigarette. Your straying from the truck to find out what was "behind the lights" when you have no desire whatsoever for repeated experiences. The change in the hitchiker's face. Your picking up the hitchiker without any forethought. The fact that you felt "dizzy" in the parking lot in Ohio may indicate a missing time experience which you may or may not want to look into.

4. The continued presence of visitors over a number of years. The statement "I will be seeing you again" is also indicative of this. I am interested in your apparent resolution to this as from what I understand, people who are involved in these types of kidnappings have no control over their re-occurance.

The sightings you have had at the house, such as things which appear out of the corner of the eye and dissappear, sounds a lot more to me like a spiritual issue. I suspect that these beings have a spiritual side as well, one that is not of God, as their actions can attest.

There are some other factors that I look for in abduction cases which are not present in your account. One of them is identical beings whose actions are synchronized with one another. The fact that not all are present lends authenticity to your narrative.

Please ignore those who poorly express their skepticism. If your account is true, you are doing us all a great service in devoting time through emotional difficulty to relate it to us.

Respectfully,
G.Houtchens
amateur historian
armchair coach

[edit on 17-4-2006 by Houtchens]

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Maybe we're being a little demanding by expecting JR to carry this thread alone. Perhaps others can begin to share their own "Me and Them Experiences." I know I have my own stories, and my guess is others do, too. We might have some interesting comparisons and contrasts. What do you think?

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I think you ought to consider starting your own thread. I'd read it.

Just for continuity's sake, and for smoother discussion, it would probably be better to have a separate thread created. otherwise, it becomes difficult to determine who's commenting on what. Just my .02.

posted on Apr, 20 2006 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Houtchens
Dear Mr. Ritzmann,

I am a science teacher in Georgia, and an amateur UFO buff. I have been studying different accounts of the phenomenon for over 10 years. I am thankful that I have never been involved in the horrific experiences that some, including you, report.

I find your story compelling, and have registered with ATS to post a message to you (although I have been visiting this site for a while). I find the following instances in your story appear to give it veracity (truthfulness, acceptability):

2. Moving lights which may lead to an "encounter." I heard an account once of one of these lights which had crashed in Russia. The sphere was made from extremely light materials and included a wire mesh made from molecule thin strands of gold surrounded by a layer of quartz. A reconnosance vehicle controlled by thought perhaps?

3. The ability to plant suggestions in one's mind to appear to alter reality or influence decisions. Your desire for a cigarette. Your straying from the truck to find out what was "behind the lights" when you have no desire whatsoever for repeated experiences. The change in the hitchiker's face. Your picking up the hitchiker without any forethought. The fact that you felt "dizzy" in the parking lot in Ohio may indicate a missing time experience which you may or may not want to look into.

4. The continued presence of visitors over a number of years. The statement "I will be seeing you again" is also indicative of this. I am interested in your apparent resolution to this as from what I understand, people who are involved in these types of kidnappings have no control over their re-occurance.

The sightings you have had at the house, such as things which appear out of the corner of the eye and dissappear, sounds a lot more to me like a spiritual issue. I suspect that these beings have a spiritual side as well, one that is not of God, as their actions can attest.

There are some other factors that I look for in abduction cases which are not present in your account. One of them is identical beings whose actions are synchronized with one another. The fact that not all are present lends authenticity to your narrative.

Please ignore those who poorly express their skepticism. If your account is true, you are doing us all a great service in devoting time through emotional difficulty to relate it to us.

Respectfully,
G.Houtchens
amateur historian
armchair coach

[edit on 17-4-2006 by Houtchens]

EDIT: Mr. Houtchens, this is the third time I have tried to respond to you. I have 3 times typed exceedingly long posts to have them not show up, or have the machine lock up on me and jump back a page.
I will try again tomorrow.

[edit on 20-4-2006 by jritzmann]

posted on Apr, 20 2006 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Ugh- I hate it when that happens- used to happen to me alot when I would try to type a long email via Bellsouth's internet webmail; it would time out.

I have taken to typing many of my long messages in word, then copying/pasting when I am ready to send the message.

Dern- this has me thinking about what you may have said.... Tell ya what- I am in no rush. I would rather hear all of what you have to say and wait later for it, rather than to get the abbreviated version. Thanks for trying to repond to my post.

Sincerely,
Glenn

posted on Apr, 20 2006 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Glenn-
I'm typin it out right now. Standby. Figured I'd go head and get an early start.

Ugh- I hate it when that happens- used to happen to me alot when I would try to type a long email via Bellsouth's internet webmail; it would time out.

I have taken to typing many of my long messages in word, then copying/pasting when I am ready to send the message.

Dern- this has me thinking about what you may have said.... Tell ya what- I am in no rush. I would rather hear all of what you have to say and wait later for it, rather than to get the abbreviated version. Thanks for trying to repond to my post.

Sincerely,
Glenn

posted on Apr, 20 2006 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Dear Mr. Ritzmann,

It's so hard to really determine their exact behavior. I dont know about amoral, but again, thats only based on my limited perception of their attitude. The one thing I can say is they have a really dark sardonic sense of humor. And it's on purpose...that I do know.

No idea. I'm alot less into the nuts and bolts stuff then when I first started into this whole thing so many eyars ago. One, because I dont really think it's a "nuts and bolts" thing. As I've said before, I believe based on my experience, and that of many others, that the "aliens" and "UFOs" have the ability to be physically real and...not physically real at will. Do we wonder why after 60+ years of study that we still dont have solid irrefutable proof of anything? Wonder no more. You cant study what chooses to be outside our perception or measure, when it chooses. All we cant study is it's effects on environment, and people, and films/recordings...all subject to the ambiguity that permeates the whole enigma. It's really the only constant.

No question. My own outlook on that is if I dont remember, it's gone. I feel hypnosis is a totally unsafe practice for "regression" therapy, proven to be so many times by many different institutions and Phds.

There is NO question in their ability to put us in an altered state of consciousness, and alter our reality. That said, you have to question the nature of reality, and your own perceptions.

Take note: Another reason not to ever trust an alien. If it cant show us it's "true" face, then that means something. No, all you get is the Extraterrestial visitor "mask". I dont buy that, and there's little to nothing that ever pointed me in that direction.

There is control. People have to grasp it, and to do so would fill pages of this thread. My wife (and several members here) convinced me I can write/self publish a small book, which will last longer then any internet thread, and truly detail this whole part of my life.

When I look back at the whole thing, I believe it was a sort of "quest" or "path" I was meant to walk. By who? I dunno. But when I started the hardcore nearly "pro" lectures and research, it felt like I was doing the right thing. A means to an end. I learned volumes about myself, my fear and the nature of it, and next to nothing about "them". But, I learned the important part, and thats all that matters to me.

My experiences ended with a challenge by whatever wanted me to...or guided me, to walk the path. It was a tangible, touchable, profound and amazing thing. It does nothing to prove the existance of anything, and it's personal...but I still have it, and I always will. It's all I have...after all those years....that I can touch, and know I did what I was supposed to.

Ending "it", is very difficult, and alot of experiencers despite what they tell you, feed on the fear and like being a center of attention because of it. Victim complex. In effect, they dont want it to end, but would have you think they do.

I did. And I stopped it. No regrets. If I ever wanted them back in my life, all I have to do is wait, in one particular spot. I have no doubt. But, that hasnt happened, and I dont expect I'll ever want to be around them again.

Typing for hours on end here, is dangerous for me, in relation to them. In my own case, I have found time after time, that the more attention I give to the phenomena, the more it "sees" me. Back a couple weeks ago, we had some light anomalies in the house, and Jill said "lay off tonight". She saw them too...even when I wasnt home.

The veil was getting thin again, and, it was due to me. I have to keep myself in "check" so to speak. I dont know why this is, it just is what it is. Thats how it works.

Spiritual side...well, in that both are the same, physical and spiritual...as far as theyre concerned. There's not much difference. Remind me to tell you about the "humps in the air" sometime.

I dont recall ever seeing anything synchronized, but I can say that at times the "aliens" are extraordinarily fast. They can zip around a room so fast you can barely keep up. Other times they look like theyre walking under water.

I should note that I have never looked one directly in the face. To the left or right, but not eye to eye. I'm more like the dog who's peed on the carpet when you get home. Theyre hard to look at.

I get over it. It hard when youre talking in public about something so deeply personal. I dont expect not to have people who dont buy it. Thats fine, just voice your questions without the knife. I'll answer, and I'll not ever lie about it. If I dont know, I'll say just that. In fact, I say that alot.

Take Care,
Jeff

[edit on 20-4-2006 by jritzmann]

posted on Apr, 30 2006 @ 11:03 PM
link   
This thread has almost dried up, and those who inhabit its banks are slowly dying of thirst.

Time to open the sluice-gates of revelation another half-turn, surely?

posted on May, 3 2006 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Jritz,

I've been thinking alot about your assertion that your thoughts influence the presence of the phenomena.
Are you familiar with PEAR?

Take care.

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join