It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Me and "Them"- Alien Experiences

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2006 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Defragger
Keep the 411 coming for as long as you can stand it. I am sure there are many at minimum who enjoy reading your account.

I had to back off a bit, we were starting to feel and see some odd things around the house we'd not seen since I dropped out of this whole thing years ago. Nothing horrible, but enough to know youre starting to get the attention again.

Who knows, maybe nothing, but I dont chance it.

posted on Apr, 3 2006 @ 03:09 PM
link   
By no means bring upon yourself and family anything undesirable due to posting here. Most of us are a patient lot so whenever or if you are ready, we are. If needed, you could solicit some help from some of the senior members here in dealing with any problems you may be having whatever they may be. Strength in numbers you know. Just a suggestion, undertandable if you dont.

posted on Apr, 3 2006 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Defragger
By no means bring upon yourself and family anything undesirable due to posting here. Most of us are a patient lot so whenever or if you are ready, we are. If needed, you could solicit some help from some of the senior members here in dealing with any problems you may be having whatever they may be. Strength in numbers you know. Just a suggestion, undertandable if you dont.

Nah, I appriciate that, but there's nothing really anyone can do per se. I been involved in UFO stuff longer then I care to admit, so I pretty well know the drill at this point.

I dont want anyone to think I'm talking Govt. types or MiB, it's subtle things like small lights blinking in here or there in the house, or for instance last night, a small transparent white arch appearing between me and my wife as I was in my chair and she on the couch. It was there for a second and faded away. No idea what that was.

Thats the kinda thing I used to see between experiences, actually quite often. I tried recording the house when no one was home or we were alseep, and never got anything...but other people would see them occasionally.

So, at that point I know I'm spending too much time dwelling on it all, and typing it here.

As usual, as I have seen in years past, the more attention you pay to it, the more it recognizes you. I choose not not be recognized.

posted on Apr, 3 2006 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Sounds allot like some of the theory's surrounding the Skinwalker Ranch. Feeding off the stress of the people involved.

posted on Apr, 3 2006 @ 05:24 PM
link   
not that i agree or dissagree, but this is a very good story, i want to hear what happens next. You should write a book on the exsperiences so maybe others can relate and feel more at ease with what happened to them ,so that they can get over it. Maybe it might help, i dont know. Maybe it might make things worse, either or ,you should write about it, cause it seems that when you talk about it, maybe you can get better, mentally or something. Maybe you have an understanding of something that no one of us has. New knowelede, wether old or new impacts us all, it is what we do with this knoweledge that makes the difference. Learn all you can even if it scares you, bores you, excites you and so on.

posted on Apr, 3 2006 @ 05:35 PM
link   
That is hard to believe...i don't know why cuz i believe alot of things...

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by jritzmann
last night, a small transparent white arch appearing between me and my wife as I was in my chair and she on the couch. It was there for a second and faded away. No idea what that was.

Did your wife see it?

Thats the kinda thing I used to see between experiences, actually quite often. I tried recording the house when no one was home or we were alseep, and never got anything...but other people would see them occasionally.

Not to go all "Forbidden Planet" on you, but is it possible that part of your mind is responsible for some or all of the phenomena? Or is it 50/50? I don't mean responsible as in intent or implied guilt, but in a more abstract sense. (No one is blaming you for anything.)

I think it would be interesting to record your living room all of the time, not just when you are not there, and see if these phenomena occur to a non-intelligent observer such as a CCD web camera.

[edit on 4-4-2006 by Ectoterrestrial]

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ectoterrestrial

last night, a small transparent white arch appearing between me and my wife as I was in my chair and she on the couch. It was there for a second and faded away. No idea what that was.

Did your wife see it?

No, but she saw some spinning tendrils in the sunroom last thursday. Said they looked like a white translucent drape going across the table.

Not to go all "Forbidden Planet" on you, but is it possible that part of your mind is responsible for some or all of the phenomena? Or is it 50/50? I don't mean responsible as in intent or implied guilt, but in a more abstract sense. (No one is blaming you for anything.)

I think it would be interesting to record your living room all of the time, not just when you are not there, and see if these phenomena occur to a non-intelligent observer such as a CCD web camera.

Hell anything is possible, although many things are seen when I'm not around, by Jill. I've come home home to her being a little on edge due to seeing someone rushing into the bathroom wall/door. She can never make out who or what it is.

As far as physical manifestation of mental projections, I dont know about any of that. I know that when I say to you, "the more attention you pay the more it pays to you", I know what that implies, that "well he's seeing because he expects to."

I dont know how else to say other than it just doesnt work like that. You can be primed for seeing things and hearing bumps in the night, yes, no question. I've definitely experienced that, and got myself to the point where I recognize my own paranoia over this whole thing. Yup, you can spook yourself out.

Lets say it like this, you dont see anything out of the ordinary when youre primed, it's when youre not. It's the time where you forget about it, and go on with whatever youre doing for hours with no thought at all to it...then BOOM, there something is. It's subtle, and it's on the edge of perception...but you can see it. My research partner saw it, Jill's seen it many times, I mean it sure seems outside of me. Especially when I'm not present. And it's not always something so "in your face".

It's all a progression that I recognize. When I'm able to get more into it, and you see the events I lay out, you'll see that progression, and that progression ultimately ended with a challenge provided in a way I could not possibly deny.

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Perhaps you could invite TAPS over to your house... that would be interesting?

I know they deal with ghosts, and not aliens... but in format, the two aren't really all that different. You could just tell them you have ghosts, relate to them some true stories that could be left to interpretation, and let them work. Might be fun? Or would that be giving them far too much attention?

www.the-atlantic-paranormal-society.com...

Don't know if you've ever seen the show on Scifi. They've captured some very convincing footage in the past. Good stuff.

[edit on 4-4-2006 by CloudlessKnight]

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 03:46 AM
link   

As far as physical manifestation of mental projections, I dont know about any of that. I know that when I say to you, "the more attention you pay the more it pays to you", I know what that implies, that "well he's seeing because he expects to."

I was more or less thinking about subconscious excitation.

The reason I am bringing this up is because I have recently, personally, learned about the role of repressed emotions that we cannot feel. I have some chronic pain problems that are greatly exacerbated by emotional stress, even when I cannot 'feel' the emotional stress (other than in pain.)

I'm wondering if speaking about these phenomena isn't exciting your subconscious in some way, even if you can't directly feel it.

Beyond that mind-body connection, I could only speculate.

Incidentally, I looked into the logarithm of the retinal image

You can see the general concept behind the mapping in the following animation:

Polar Exponential Grid (Round is your vision from one eye, square is the layout of neurons in your brain)

Now, the question is, if there is a white square in your vision, spinning, and growing, what would that look like in your brain.

The answer:

It would look like a ripple-like flood sweeping across* across your visual cortex. What do I mean by that?

Imagine your visual cortex is a flat piece of black paper at the back of your head. Imagine a kid has drawn waves on the ocean on this piece of paper, the way a kid would draw them. Now, the kid took a white crayon and colored in the ocean all white(The sky is left black). Now if this kid di this, what you would see in your vision would be a square at a particular orientation.

Now imagine the kid's crayon is magic, and he can move the waves (animation) across your brain's piece of paper. This causes the square in your vision to rotate.

Finally, imagine that the kid animates the water getting higher and higher, like in a flood. This process causes the square at the center of your vision to grow larger and larger. When the flood waters in the visual cortexes paper hit the top of the piece of paper, all of your vision is filled with the square.

To visualize, this is what the square looks like in your visual cortex at any given time

Figure 1: A 'four-pronged wave' induced in your visual cortex

Figure 2: The above wave appears as a square in your vision

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Mr Jritz,

I have quietly read your story, and chose to ask questions of you now if you'd care to answer them?

How often do you get nosebleeds?

These scenes/memories which make sense to explain your missing time, do they seem like "poorly scripted dialogue" and machine-like?

If you were to step outside your own experiences, these strange light balls/arcs and the corner of your eye visions do they seem like they should be ghost related, but your experience is that they are related to your visitors?

-ADHDsux4me

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Ectot, good information. Sounds very familiar to me and makes allot of sense.

Jeff, has your kid commented on seeing anything recently? Also, I get the impression that you may have challenged the unknown and perpetuated a stop in occurrences. Does this sound accurate?

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 10:39 AM
link   

I was more or less thinking about subconscious excitation.

The reason I am bringing this up is because I have recently, personally, learned about the role of repressed emotions that we cannot feel. I have some chronic pain problems that are greatly exacerbated by emotional stress, even when I cannot 'feel' the emotional stress (other than in pain.)

I'm wondering if speaking about these phenomena isn't exciting your subconscious in some way, even if you can't directly feel it.

Beyond that mind-body connection, I could only speculate.

Incidentally, I looked into the logarithm of the retinal image

You can see the general concept behind the mapping in the following animation:

Polar Exponential Grid (Round is your vision from one eye, square is the layout of neurons in your brain)

Now, the question is, if there is a white square in your vision, spinning, and growing, what would that look like in your brain.

The answer:

It would look like a ripple-like flood sweeping across* across your visual cortex. What do I mean by that?

Imagine your visual cortex is a flat piece of black paper at the back of your head. Imagine a kid has drawn waves on the ocean on this piece of paper, the way a kid would draw them. Now, the kid took a white crayon and colored in the ocean all white(The sky is left black). Now if this kid di this, what you would see in your vision would be a square at a particular orientation.

Now imagine the kid's crayon is magic, and he can move the waves (animation) across your brain's piece of paper. This causes the square in your vision to rotate.

Finally, imagine that the kid animates the water getting higher and higher, like in a flood. This process causes the square at the center of your vision to grow larger and larger. When the flood waters in the visual cortexes paper hit the top of the piece of paper, all of your vision is filled with the square.

To visualize, this is what the square looks like in your visual cortex at any given time

Figure 1: A 'four-pronged wave' induced in your visual cortex

Figure 2: The above wave appears as a square in your vision

Damn interesting. I'd have to do alot more reading about it to totally understand it. Below this a link to a quick animation showing the square and how I saw it.
The Square

This is exactly how it moved and looked, but it accelerates towards you too fast...to do it exact might be too much for people to download...would be very long. But you get ths idea.

So the question is, was that a function of me, in response to "them" or "them" inducing that.

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by ADHDsux4me
Mr Jritz,

I have quietly read your story, and chose to ask questions of you now if you'd care to answer them?

How often do you get nosebleeds?

Not often at all, maybe 3 times ever.

These scenes/memories which make sense to explain your missing time, do they seem like "poorly scripted dialogue" and machine-like?

In which instance? Like for instance the car ride with the "hitcher"? Thats didnt seem like anything...until I stopped to let him out. Then it felt like he was just going thru the motions to fulfill the experience of driving someone somewhere....but knew that I knew something was wierd...like they let it slip just enough to know something wasnt right.

If you were to step outside your own experiences, these strange light balls/arcs and the corner of your eye visions do they seem like they should be ghost related, but your experience is that they are related to your visitors?

Yes. Without question. Theres alot I havent mentioned that has happened, such as seeing parts of beings in a vapor-like state. They are often fleeting, but at times we saw them for 1-20 seconds. The top of a head, or rather the silouette of it, an arm, shades of the eyes, etc.

I know how idiotic that sounds, but when you see it and say to someone else, "do you see that?" and they say "yes I do", well...what am I supposed to do then.

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I'm surprised there haven't been more nosebleeds.

I have felt that the nosebleeds are related to the modification of the memory.

As far as the just going through the motions of driving, to fullfill the time that expired did it just feel detached and devoid of human intricacy. Your other experiences as well?

Let me give you an example, you are waiting in a long line at the grocery store, there is only 1 clerk present and she is obviously stressed about the line and the volume of items each has. She should be going quickly, and obsessively scanning items that don't scan. This is the norm.

The detached poorly scripted, and machine like example...

The clerk has a long line, and you remember clearly details of this wait as if the details mattered. Her actions are like routine muscle memory, no stress and in a efficient machine like manner, with no customers complaining about the wait, you get through the line, and time passes. As you leave she smiles but has no crinkles around her eyes to show it's a realish smile.

Thanks,

-ADHD

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 11:54 AM
link   

I'm surprised there haven't been more nosebleeds.

I have felt that the nosebleeds are related to the modification of the memory.

Nope, never had much in that direction.

As far as the just going through the motions of driving, to fullfill the time that expired did it just feel detached and devoid of human intricacy. Your other experiences as well?

Detached is a good way to put it. Like talking to someone who's wearing one of those masks that just looks like a smooth face...you know the transparent ones? You know there's something behind the plastic facade, but you dont know what.

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Jritz,

I don't want you to have any further unwelcome contact with your visitors, though my curiousity of your story is rather overwhelming. A co-worker of mine was kind enough to take me into his confidence and tell me his multiple visitations, and they have a similar "feel" as yours do. So it has been a private mission of mine to find others whose story was as compelling.

Whether these incidents of his and yours truly took place, that is between he, you, and them. What is unmistakable about your story and his is the manner in which you both have approached it. My "BS'oMeter" does not go off with your telling of it. There are enough human elements, by which I mean you don't have the answers "the experts" seem to think they know. It was the same with him, what they did share with him was meant for him personally, but most of his experience he learned nothing more than dominating cattle handling kinds of feelings, and whatever peace or diminishment of fear they tried to reinforce to him was like getting a hug from a rattlesnake, cold and non-understanding of the human need for the feeling of security and safety.

If you think or feel you can, please continue your story. If you do not wish to share it further I understand, but perhaps the best that I could wish for would be a u2u mail to me when you are able.

My Thanks,

-ADHD

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Wish I could throw together an animation for of the logarithmic map, but I don't have the appropriate software installed. But the growing, rotating square you drew would correspond to a waves moving across a ripling sea filling up more and more of your visual cortex or optical nerve. The waves would actually be more pointy than the sine waves in that graphic I linked to.

Like you said, the question is, was this induced from within your brain, first, or induced from some external source?

I just think it is interesting that the pattern you saw in your vision corresponds to a lateral 'flood fill' in your visual neurons in the brain.

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 03:14 PM
link   

I just think it is interesting that the pattern you saw in your vision corresponds to a lateral 'flood fill' in your visual neurons in the brain.

So, gimme an instance, real life situation (non-wierd), where that kind of thing happens. I mean what would engage such a thing?

[edit on 4-4-2006 by jritzmann]

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Well, Jeff, I've known for some time that you had a story to tell, and a story it is! I've spent the morning reading the entire thread with great interest and amusement. Glad to hear that you prefer women over wood!! That remark had me LMAOROF
It's the comic relief in what I also recognize to be a terrifying, dreadful-beyond-words experience. It appears that one of the earlier questions is now being answered, i.e. new and strange occurrences seem to be taking place. If they are not a physical or psychological threat to you or your family, I say let them come, and do tell us more!

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join