It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Me and "Them"- Alien Experiences

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2006 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Actually, their temperaments. I should have checked the spelling.

Ok, their mental, physical, and emotional traits are very up and down. So they tend to get excited, mad or happy very quickly. As I said before, it would be like watching a graph spike and level off.

posted on Sep, 3 2006 @ 01:15 PM
link   
well I'm a Liberian (Libra star sign), so I'm an air sign, very cool, its the sign of the scales, so balance and judgement, seeks piece, so I keep cool, weigh everything up before I jump in, so a high temperament, no.

A high temperament says to me fantasy prone personality, high temperament people tend to be all over the place, they tend to exaggerate as well, I don't tend to like these types of people, Hey I'm an air sign we live in the clouds surrounded by cool air, we don't like to get in a flap.

So for me its a big no, I have a low temperament.

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Just to get back on topic over what we discussed.
Looking at history and the phenomenon happening in different guises and that our thoughts effect the reality of them.

One of the common beliefs is that the little people create distractions to cause mischief. They were believed to be gods by some. One North American Native Tribe believed that they lived in nearby caves. The caves were never entered for fear of disturbing the little people. Another belief is that the little people's purpose is to make humans wonder about their purpose. They were believed to feed off of the brain waves devoted to them and in order to exist they needed a certain amount of thought dedicated to them. They remained mysterious so people would wonder about them.

from here.
Little People

I believe it is important in research to look at the phenomenon over our history, I would be interested to know if the appearance has changed, do they change their appearance to conform to our beliefs of the age, is this then perhaps a conditioning process, a process that has gone on for many many years, we must look at the big picture to find an answer to this phenomenon.

[edit on 18-9-2006 by Watcher of the Watchers]

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Watcher of the Watchers
well I'm a Liberian (Libra star sign), so I'm an air sign, very cool, its the sign of the scales, so balance and judgement, seeks piece, so I keep cool, weigh everything up before I jump in, so a high temperament, no.

A high temperament says to me fantasy prone personality, high temperament people tend to be all over the place, they tend to exaggerate as well, I don't tend to like these types of people, Hey I'm an air sign we live in the clouds surrounded by cool air, we don't like to get in a flap.

So for me its a big no, I have a low temperament.

Haha ! I'm gonna have to disagree with you that you didn't weigh things up before jumped right in. It may have been insensitive to call a high temperment person, such as myself, or the other 11 signs reading those words, fantasy prone and unlikeable. Surely you don't discriminate because of another's astrological sign?

I'll let it go ....no worries !

I do know 3 Libra's and they are all hot tempered! I am Aries, Fire, the Ram, egotistical, God of war or whatever it is. I probably do have stronger reactions to things, and live up to my warrior attributes, but only because I am paying attention. I call it self defense, and it may be seen as being defensive. Which it is. I don't ecaggerate, lie or imagine things !

But I would have to say a high temperment person, is usually a person who is more sensitive to things. meaning more aware.

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 04:12 AM
link   
As a libra who’s had several serious relationships of varying intensities with folks of the aries persuasion before; It’s not so much that libra is hot tempered, although it would be unrealistic to say libran tempers don’t flare up like a thunderstorm on occasion; as it is the dynamic of the explosive mixture of aries and libra people. Being on exact opposite sides of the astrological chart, these two are the extremes of just about all they engage in together; good is best and bad is worst. These signs together can explode pretty quickly in any direction. Air feeds fire and fire consumes air. Air can also snuff fire. Both are cardinal signs in their element, which will create friction as both struggles for dominance. It’s not either sign’s fault; it’s simply the nature of the signs together … caution and wisdom is recommended to both dealing with each other.

That said, I wonder if it might have been better left unsaid, lol. No worries here, either.

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by TinFoilDerby
As a libra who’s had several serious relationships of varying intensities with folks of the aries persuasion before; It’s not so much that libra is hot tempered, although it would be unrealistic to say libran tempers don’t flare up like a thunderstorm on occasion; as it is the dynamic of the explosive mixture of aries and libra people. Being on exact opposite sides of the astrological chart, these two are the extremes of just about all they engage in together; good is best and bad is worst. These signs together can explode pretty quickly in any direction. Air feeds fire and fire consumes air. Air can also snuff fire. Both are cardinal signs in their element, which will create friction as both struggles for dominance. It’s not either sign’s fault; it’s simply the nature of the signs together … caution and wisdom is recommended to both dealing with each other.

That said, I wonder if it might have been better left unsaid, lol. No worries here, either.

Thanlks for the info
Although I didn't like the ending of how the Air snuffs me out !

posted on Oct, 7 2006 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I have 2 points here, the star sign Aries has been brought up, now lets say 'them' have an interest in my interests, or one in particular interests of mine, that being a person, that person is an Aries, by the way your descriptions of Aries people is spot on, and yes it is intense with Libra and Aries together, I would never have it any other way, now this is paranoid, but 'them' experiences make you that way, I just want to clear this up.
Violet, you are not from the UK are you, I am just testing as if they want you or some one else in a place at a time they want, it happens, or anything else they want to happen, I am just checking you are not someone I know, which of course you will not be, if you are not from the UK then, you are not the person I know, yes I know I am being a bit paranoid, just want to clear that up as its buggin me.

Now for something that happened recent I would like an opinion on.

I spoke in my head, addressing 'them', and asked why I don't not see 'them' anymore, 20 years ago I would watch them from my bedroom window at my parents house almost whenever I felt like I wanted to watch them, I have seen flying lights perhaps 60 times, I could watch them as long as I wanted, I would look out of my window and see them in the distant sky, watch them move about in that odd erratic why they do, the turns on a dime, the absolute control of acceleration that defy the laws of momentum, I would watch for 20 minutes, get bored, pull the curtain back, put my head back on the pillar, try and sleep, 20 minutes later I want to look again, they are still there, id watch them again, get bored so again try to sleep, basically it was like being at an airport for flying lights in the sky, anyway I had not seen these for years and years, or I had not bothered looking you could say, well the other day I spoke in my mind and asked, hey why don't I see you no more, why don't you let me see, let me see you, then I went to the kitchen to brush my teeth and turn in for the night it was then that I noticed what appeared to be a very large star, at low altitude in the north east sky early in the morning at 3.30 am, what was different about this star is that it was flashing, or twinkling very very fiercely, it was also changing colours, red green and white as it furiously twinkled or flashed, when I first noticed it, there seemed to be that a small white light came off from the larger light and shot off at speed, 5 inches to the left of this flashing light was also a smaller white light, now what was strange about both these objects is that they both seemed to be in constant movement, as in they wobble, or make fast small movements constantly, I have seen this with what I believe to be the sightings I had 20 years ago, if these are a craft it makes me wonder if the wobble or constant movement is to counter radar, now normally I might ignore these 2 lights wobbling and the very large one flashing different colours, but they also moved across the sky, the small white one moved 4 inches in the time space of 20 minutes, the very large flashing one moved about 1.5 inches. Now is this supposed to happen, do stars move across the sky like 4 inches in 20 minutes, do stars twinkle or flash and change colours, is this a sighting, its more subtle that the ones of the past. I had thought that I no longer see craft but I see stars that move in a normal circular movement across the sky as they should, but then I notice that when I look at a star that it has moved its location up or down and is now hidden from view behind a rooftop, I am sure that is not normal, in the day time in the same location I have seen a light move vertically I have seen distant lights moving up and down say 1.5 inches in the sky, I am sure that stars should not do that, so in all I think I am seeing them and not noticing, also interesting that I should ask to see them again and they show, that is if it is not a natural occurrence of some sort, if anyone knows about astronomy I would love to know if that was a natural phenomenon.

Also with the threads poster, your experiences seem to have you placed as victim, or in a powerless position, I don't follow that star child space bother line, but are they always manevolant, also from reading in myths and fairy tales, what I believe to be them just in a different guise or translation, these creatures do both good and bad, they are described as mischievous, but if they like you they are told to help those they sometimes favour, why they favour some and plague others is a mystery to me.

[edit on 7-10-2006 by Watcher of the Watchers]

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 08:39 AM
link   
I admire the OP's approach to all this.

I documented some of my own 'anomalous experiences' for a therapist friend a dozen years ago. (Bewilderness) I recommend the OP do something similar so it's on a website of their own, as the response I've had from the public has been interesting.

Something I said at the end of the introduction I think fits especially well into the first post I just read (the OP), and I'd just like to share it as a kindred view:

Not so we can learn "a truth about gods or aliens or [check one]," but so we can learn a truth about people. All the strange glamor of the esoteric experiences aside, they are foremost a study of humanity, of individuals. Without those individuals, there is no study of this field possible. Whether they are treated like liars or lunatics from the skeptical side, or like victims or chosen ones from the believers' side, none of those approaches are conducive to getting unaffected, honest data, none of them are fair to the individual, and none provide an open environment for learning anything new.

and

For all the theories about "contact," the bottom line is that it is affecting people. In many cases, it is scaring people. In some cases, it is hurting people. From the personal issues of fearing for one's sanity, to the social issues of "coming out of the closet" about the experiences, to the religious beliefs and fears that come into glaring relief, to the psychological issues that are brought out in full force by this, to the physiological symptoms and mind-boggling 'paranormal' side-effects, it can be devastating, particularly when you combine all of those effects simultaneously. This is not improved by wanna-be gurus who will help you remember an invariably lousy experience, any more than it is by scientists and psychologists, our own experts and our best hope, insisting they won't study the subject because "they know there's nothing to study."

If we can't be professional enough objectively, let's at least be compassionate enough personally to look into what can be done to help people deal with the effects of these experiences, whatever their true cause. I'd like to spend less time searching for gods and aliens and more time searching for ourselves. It seems to me that in the quest for understanding our own species, the source of our experience may become more clear.

Best,
PJ

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 10:45 PM
link   
I haven't read the whole thread. It's interesting to me that this happened before the onset of puberty. So hormones can't really be rationalized. That being said, sleep paralysis can't really either. IMO, it's usually lumped with hormones. That's my simplistic view of your experiences. I sincerely thank you for sharing.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by TinFoilDerby

hay man its a bit thread and im reading it backwords yours is the 1st account i came across. Have you ever tryed to come back with more proof than a story? or has anyone ???? pls tell

[edit on 28-5-2009 by candy coated clown]

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by winotka

It cant be hormones for the many people who had this since childhood

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   
A thread well worth bumping!

More people should read into this material since it might be the very best this forum has to offer!

I dearly hope all is well with Jeff since his departure from ATS and that he is "left alone".

This material is solid gold!

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Raud

That's very kind of you.

What I cannot fathom is the idea that the thread started in 2006, and it's nearly 2010. What the hell happened to 4 years.

Anyway, I'm not totally out of ATS. Mark and I talk somewhat regularly and I still do image analysis work when they need it.

I started Paratopia nearly a year ago now with Jeremy Vaeni and it's been a fast success and growing leaps and bounds every week. We've had nothing but top shelf guests from paranormal studies that most people know about...but we do often go outside the paranormal "fields" having on psychologists and NASA engineers, Hollywood film makers to Harvard astrophysicists.

"Left alone" would be untrue to say. I have had some significant experiences since typing this thread, mostly within the last 6 months or so.

The experience for me has changed somewhat dramatically, and we've talked about it on the show before, but not in any great depth. It has been much more sporadic than years past - and is often catching me completely off guard.

The weird part? It doesn't involve what anyone would look at and say "alien", although I feel it's definitely a part of it - if nothing else but another "mask" the enigma wears. It's severely less frightening, to a point. My last direct/lengthy experience with it ended in fright, which was gravely disappointing. I thought I was getting over all that.

In trying to discuss the experience in depth publicly, the response to that from the phenomena seems to have been violence resulting in physical harm.

But, at the same time I don't see it as an "evil" thing - it feels more like being in school and getting your fingers smacked by teacher. There seems to be a progression, and blabbing about it ruins that somehow I suppose (that's a guess I really don't know). So I keep my mouth relatively shut about most of the experience.

I still don't know anything more about what all this represents. All I know is parts of it are all too real, and some parts exist on the edge of human perception. One thing I do know, although like most other paranormal aspects it's not provable - is that we have much more to do with the phenomena than we think. It's not that it IS us, but it's symbiotic WITH us.

I'm sure I'm not the first to say that, but it's more solidified to me than ever.

As we have guests on the show, and talk to more and more veteran researchers and experiencers, I see more consistency than I ever have before. Which helps me get my head around this better...I think.

So anyway thanx for the nice words and thoughts Raud. Hope ya check out Paratopia, and I'll cya around.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by jritzmann

Great to see you alive and kicking!

I'll be sure to check out Paratopia (I have already taken a glance at it).

Wishing you a peaceful holiday and all the best to you and your family.

Most respectful regards;
Raud

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 02:09 AM
link   

This is a great thread, I listed it in my favourite ATS threads, I also tweeted your new site

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Many, many excellent insights have been gained by this thread, which I will say (in mysteriously vague terms, of course) have verified or validated observations being made by the anti-establishment scientific community...that's you and me, folks, and if we DO matter very much in the playing out of these encounters, then we certainly need to be educated and armed with what information is available.

Often, people seeking a solution to a problem know that they must try a few things and just hope for the best. Even a wrong answer helps by eliminating or reducing that particular line of thinking. I believe that we are accomplishing the very same thing here, one which could not happen without strict moderation coupled amazingly well with total freedom and logical examination of each and every experience or line of thinking.

IMO, this thread represents a balancing factor - provided by excellent sites, forums, and well-moderated threads - to all the unknowns we are dealing with, and that are attempting to deal with us, some more successfully than others.

As we collect and share data, honestly, no matter how much our observations vary from what we would like to be true, we become more scientific and therefore, less vulnerable. People aren't nearly as dumb as TPTB seem to illustrate. Furthermore, TPTB certainly includes some of the very entities and tricksters we are discussing and instinctively sensing are evil, definitely not pro-human, and anti-God, though not necessarily averse to religion of various kinds. Perhaps this is because they already know (maybe helped to promote) the fallacies inherent in human civilization, how infiltrated religion is with confusion and foolish selfishness. Easy to play off a loaded deck, if you know it's loaded...

Thanks for your honest duty in warning and trying to educate your fellow humans, OP.
Of course, we don't want you to have more reports, but if you do, it won't be for nothing. People are learning, and beginning to learn for themselves because of what you are bringing to light, from your own experiences and the experiences of those who have had more courage to speak because of you.

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   

I just finished reading this thread and first off I would like to thank you for sharing your story with us. About 15 years ago I read Whitley Striebers books Communion and Transformation. These two books (especially Communion) fascinated me more than anything I've read since - outstanding storytelling to say the least. Fact or fiction I don't care because they're brilliant. Well, Striebers writing in Communion and Transformation has a special eerie feel that I haven't come across - until now. Your writing (and your story) is very similar to Striebers and this makes me highly suspicious I'm afraid. I'm not accusing you of plagiarism but the similarity is striking.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Hey there, in the process of reading this through, or actually I just read the opening post, but what the hell :p (new regular here at ATS, hi!)
And I just thought I'd do myself the favour of posting something I've pondered on, before I forget, which surfaced upon reading this.

I've always been terrified of sleeping for my whole childhood. This was due to some sudden fever-dreams I had. All of a sudden I would get a high fever (up to about 41 degrees celsius, I believe the worst one was) often late at night or after these strange dreams.

One of them I recall being presented numerous mathematical problems (at least that is my interpretation of it) and getting an overwhelming sensation of impossibility or incredible proportions. It's very hard to describe but I can still recall it about ten years later (I'm 18 so far, but that's probably relatively recent for some peeps here :p) but imagine being forced to calculate the probability of an unimaginable amount of objects interfering, simultaneously, without a paper or pen. I was told I had to be shaken to come to my senses and when I did, I was sick for a week.
Since then I kept getting better and better grades on math, but before the dream it didn't even cross my mind, and I had always found myself to be rather average at the classes. Do keep in mind that I was rather young before the dream, and didn't really get my 'skills challenged', so to speak. Since then I've mostly been taking math-related classes on a higher level, including physics etc. though.

After several similar events, often involving rather incomprehensible (or at least inconclusive) subjects, I was left as mentioned early, a very bad sleeper. I pretty much couldn't get a single nights rest until the age of 13 without sleeping in someone else's bed.

Now these events are fairly regular(as in their rate of occurrence to me, not in general, that I know), but being raised by two parents who are both skeptical and career-driven I haven't raised the concern that it was anything out of the ordinary.

But the more recent experiences I've had are such that I, in the middle of sleep, wake up with no capabilities to move, as by restraints, voice muffled, but unlike yours the room was the same. Throughout the experiences I feel sheer terror because I can't alert anyone nor move anything, and because (kindly disregard the term if there's a better one) I can sense a presence, just outside the line of sight. What I can hear is a screeching sound of unknown origin, and then shortly thereafter I wake up. Usually covered in sweat.
The thing that bothers me is that is recurring, but I've also been told that there's a medical phenomenon that could explain it. (awake dreaming, or something like that? I'm Swedish, so the term is probably different)

Now I haven't had anything to prove or indicate that it is of extraterrestial origin, or any other origin than my subconscious for that matter, but it still is quite eerie..

[edit on 13-1-2010 by aboveGoos]

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by aboveGoos
But the more recent experiences I've had are such that I, in the middle of sleep, wake up with no capabilities to move, as by restraints, voice muffled, but unlike yours the room was the same. Throughout the experiences I feel sheer terror because I can't alert anyone nor move anything, and because (kindly disregard the term if there's a better one) I can sense a presence, just outside the line of sight. What I can hear is a screeching sound of unknown origin, and then shortly thereafter I wake up. Usually covered in sweat.

Hi, I experience this too a couple of times a month. It's called sleep paralysis and it's very common. Read about it here

[edit on 13-1-2010 by cripmeister]

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   
jritzmann thanks for sharing I like you was subject from early childhood to late teens. Then in my late 20's i was taken with a buddy of mine who happened to be an abductee too. But with him he , his father , his uncle now his kids are being taken. HE is a generational abductee where i am not. My kids that i know of are not being taken thank god.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join