It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The amnesty agenda

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2006 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Will amnesty work for the illegal immigrants that live in the US and for the ones that are entering now?

In 1986 US government gave one of the biggest opportunities to illegal immigrants to become American citizens following the laws.

www.numbersusa.com...

But at that time it was only about 4 million immigrants living in the US.

Now the number has grown to 20 million spread all across the nation.

Obviously amnesty didn’t work at that time because the flow didn’t not stop.

Amnesty is an agenda, because it will allowed the illegal immigrant from coming to the nation as now, taken in consideration that is not other plans to control and support the propose amnesty.

Lobbying for immigrants laws that favors the Amnesty is going very strong in congress, the most lobbyists comes from interest groups and corporations.

What many doesn’t know is that businesses have the right to hire illegal, but what they do not have is the right to choose an illegal worker over an American citizen.

But that is what is happening, keeping the wages low will ensure that the ones to apply for the jobs that these businesses offer are going to keep American citizens away.

Many including me argue that is not proving that illegal immigrants are taking the jobs of American citizens and that the jobs they take are jobs that American doesn’t want.

But the truth is that businesses made possible to keep the jobs no attractive for American citizens, and numbers are not kept to show how many jobs are lost to illegal workers.

Do not let the government fool you into believing that Amnesty is going to be the solution, it didn’t work in 1986 and is not going to work now 20 million more illegal immigrants later.

Make your political leaders aware that this wrong way to go.

Businesses and interest groups are the ones profiting from all these the American people is not, and it seems that our government favors once more interest groups over the will of the American people.

posted on Mar, 28 2006 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Will amnesty work for the illegal immigrants that live in the US and for the ones that are entering now?

It would of probably worked Marg, if after the amnesty went through, they would of maintained immigration laws to keep things from getting out of hand. I suspect it's in the designs of the globalists to lower the standards of living in rich nations and creating a larger poor class across the globe.

Now we are back to square one and then some. I have split issues on it all. Part of me says viva la Aztlan and part of me wants to preserve what is the USA. I don't like to see usery and that's what it all falls down to. That usury exists in Mexico and the US whether it be kleptocratic corporate empire or a drug fueled narcorepublic.

Power to the people verses profits above people,
we need to make a choice and not dance around it.

[edit on 28-3-2006 by Regenmacher]

posted on Mar, 28 2006 @ 08:02 PM
link   
The problem is that when amnesty came around in 1986 to take care of the immigration problem and give a chance for people to be legal it didn't work.

Now 20 years later is still illegal immigrants and also from 4 million to 20 million.

This is not limited to California and souther states close to the border, now is spreads all over the nation.

Amnesty without a plan and leaving the borders open will only bring more people to the country.

Right now the new workers plan will give illegal people a chance but how about the people that are illegally in this country already with permits.

It doesn't seem fair that they have been following the law when somebody that has not get to be right alone next to them.

Funny how politicians are trying to save illegal immigration any way they can.

posted on Mar, 28 2006 @ 09:13 PM
link   
You're right, marg. It didn't work then and it won;t work now, at least not for the citizens of either the US or Mexico.
I suspect a hidden agenda here. I've heard rumors about setting up an alliance similar to the EU in this hemisphere. I think this amnesty could be related.

Don't forget about the big meeting in Acupulco this week:

The leaders also laid groundwork for the Security and Prosperity Partnership (SPP) conference to be held March 30-31 in Cancun, Mexico, and reaffirmed their commitment to achieving a successful conclusion to current World Trade Organization talks before the end of 2006.

The North American officials also renewed their support for a Free Trade Area of the Americas, which would create a free-trade zone encompassing all 34 democratic nations of the Western Hemisphere.

newsblaze.com...

more info:
usinfo.state.gov...

posted on Mar, 28 2006 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Immigrating Money

Originally posted by marg6043
Funny how politicians are trying to save illegal immigration any way they can.

That's because it's big business.

Employers get to hire workers for lower wages who can't complain about it for fear of deportation. Many, many workplace restrictions and taxes are also avoided this way. The net result is lower costs and the ability to undercut businesses that don't break the law (i.e., union shops, etc.).

That's basically the Republican angle.

Meanwhile, social services for illegal aliens amount to big bucks for agencies that provide them, as well as businesses that are awarded contracts for social services.

That's basically the Democrat angle -- although many other kinds of Democrat-friendly businesses also exploit undocumented workers. However, their union base is furious about being weakened by lower-cost "under the table" competition, which leads to tension within the party.

In other words, the constituents of both major U.S. political parties profit from illegal immigration -- to the tune of hundreds of billions of dollars a year -- which is why both Democrats and Republicans talk out of both sides of their mouths on the issue.

And why neither really wants the problem solved.

The New Slave Class

Overall, importing a designated underclass tends to profit the overclass, which is why Americans have been doing it since before the founding of the country.

Every ethnic group has "paid its dues" this way in some form or another, even many English colonists who came to America as indentured servants (temporary slaves), oppressed religious minorities and exiled criminals forced to work their way up from or stay at the bottom of the socio-economic strata.

The solution to the problem is not persecution and scapegoating of those who enter the country illegally, but eliminating their reasons for coming here by enforcing the laws employers of illegal aliens are violating and eliminating social services for illegals -- with the sole exception of safe and humane deportation services.

Also, making it easier for Mexican workers to enter the country legally and work under safe conditions for fair wages in accordance with all applicable laws would undoubtedly be better for America as a whole.

In conjunction with this, more stringent and rational border security is sensible, and will be much easier to conduct when the flood of illegal immigrants currently swarming into the country is reduced to a trickle by a new economic reality.

However, this is unlikely to happen, because there's not as much profit to be had in doing so.

My two centavos. Opinions may reasonably vary, and that's what ATS is all about.

[edit on 3/28/2006 by Majic]

posted on Mar, 29 2006 @ 02:01 PM
link   
DontTreadOnMe

I wonder if behind all the fuss is to keep cheap labor under the tag of amnesty to supply immigrants to no only the US but Canada.

The Mexican president publicly expressed his opinion that Canada needs to accept more migrant workers in their country also from Mexico.

Perhaps your are right and is after all an agenda been worked here.

With the free trade area of Americans not only goods but cheap labor.

Now when we talk about prosperity, whose prosperity is the one target here?

Cheap labor means fewer jobs for American citizens that will not work for under minimum wages and what kind of prosperity an illegal immigrant is going to get on low wages and not benefits?

The only people to benefit are interest groups that need the cheap labor so they can profit themselves.

Majic

I agree with you, today it was in our local news meetings with the farmers that are the ones that used the illegal workers, and I can not believe that the excused one of the local political leader was giving as why the used illegal immigrant labor rather than American citizens was because it the paper work to hire an American citizen was to troublesome.

Troublesome my butt.

I can not believe that we are seen hordes of immigrants protesting and using the freedom of speech granted to American citizens in the US.

But were in our creator’s name is the American citizens that opposed to illegal immigration protesting at, where are they?

I see plenty been very vocal here in ATS but how come they are no out there in the streets showing our elected politicians that they want strict migration reforms and not a another free pass to the US.

Where are you American citizens?

[edit on 29-3-2006 by marg6043]

posted on Mar, 29 2006 @ 03:57 PM
link   
the problems I see with the proposed amnesty are many.

1) The illegal immigrant population must learn about it--which may be difficult if a lot don't speak english or make an effort to follow politics or news.

2) A lot of these illegal immigrants don't have $2,000.00 to buy their amnesty.

3) Once amnesty is granted, how do you make sure that the existing immigration laws are enforced to keep new illegals out.

IMO the system needs a really good overhaul. I have no problem with a country keeping its borders secure, but the laws have to be enforced. Historically USA has admitted a lot of immigrants, their system is not set up to keep people out but to let them in.

Another problem is that the USA is still seen as a land where "the streets are paved with gold" -- a goal worth risking your life and your family's lives for. Maybe more propaganda needs to be put out discouraging newcomers who believe all the old rumours used to get people to come there in the first place.

Being from Canada we have had a lot of similar history of immigration, but our country was never really seen as the "promised land", our climate was harsher, we were not a rich country, we were under control of the British --not a free country as America had portrayed itself. We are also the poorer cousin next to the big industrial machine so everyone wants to go to America first. Also we have had more restrictive immigration laws in the past that allowed mostly British immigration. We still have a problem with illegal immigration, but not to the same extent as the USA.

posted on Mar, 29 2006 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I tell you what sparky get ready in Canada, because the three leaders are to get together to work out and talk about what to do about immigration along other things.

And the President of Mexico wants Canada to take more immigrants, that means more cheap labor and the lost of jobs for Canadians because is no laws to control what they should get paid.

The only way to keep illegal immigration is not with amnesty or free workers pass, it is not going to work because as long as businesses keep paying slave wages to the illegal, Americans will not work under these type of conditions, US has not laws about controlling the borders you are right about that.

The American people needs to force the politicians about making businesses take responsibility and offer fair wages that American citizens can take into consideration.

And for what I see in congress right NOW is all about propositions but just the same old same.

We have too many lobbyist in congress making sure that they are the ones wining and not the American people.

join