It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN - Aiding and Abetting

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2006 @ 03:53 PM
link   

CNN is committing treason

It is no exaggeration to describe George Bush as America's enemy. He and his cohorts stand foursquare against every principle America is proud of, from 'open, honest government' to 'freedom of speech', from 'innocent until proven guilty' to 'liberty and justice for all'. American troops are at war in two nations without any sane reason, and the Bush-Cheney administration is leading the nation toward a third war...

And the news is nowhere to be found at CNN. It is obvious that CNN and other American news media have betrayed any trust Americans' once had for journalism.

I am sick to death of the watered-down pablum that the so-called media is calling 'news' and spoonfeeding to the public. Today, Tuesday, I flipped over to CNN to see what was up in the world - to learn that Adrianne Barbeau has a new book out and it's oh, so intriguing! You won't believe what she and Burt Reynolds did together, but you'll have to get the book to find out!

Now, come on! Our country is at war, our government is full of corruption, our country is being sold out from underneath us, the White House Chief of Staff has resigned, I won't even go into the immigration issues, but there are a hundred news stories - and all CNN can talk about is Adrianne Barbeau, some washed up B-rated actress and her new book?

Where's E! TV?

And when CNN does gloss over a real news story, they spend about 3 seconds on details and then on to Sharon Stone's latest movie.

CNN, and its equally empty colleagues at Fox, ABC, NBC, and CBS, have helped the White House convince Americans that the nation's most dangerous enemy is an Iraqi rebel, or an al Qaeda terrorist. But that's a lie, and most professional reporters aren't dummies; they must know it's a lie.

America's most dangerous enemy, by far -- the enemy seeking to destroy our way of life and eliminate our freedoms -- is the enemy in our midst -- the enemy in our White House.

posted on Mar, 28 2006 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I have to agree with you BH, as I typically have it on screen when at the computer. It seems CNN Headline News is becoming more of an Entertainment Weekly approach to news reporting.

Real news doesn't sell news, BH, but the latest ungodly fashion trends are a sure sellout come 6 o'clock?!

posted on Mar, 28 2006 @ 04:22 PM
link   
I still think CNN had a big influence on getting people to accept the bombing of Afghanistan. Just a few hours after the planes hit the towers and there was a poll asking people "Should we bomb Afghanistan" with 80% saying yes. Makes me think they jacked the polls too.

problem - reaction - solution

It's no secret that the government controls the media. It's all censored, they just don't tell us what they leave out.

posted on Mar, 28 2006 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Right on Benevolent Heretic.

I've complained about the general use to which tv is put for so long that I rarely watch anymore. It's not a matter of being a "know it all" as is being discussed on another thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...'

(apologies to Mods if I haven't formatted the above link correctly)

It's more like John Edwards' during the 2004 campaign: "Aren't you sick of it?"

What I really want to see is in depth, well-rounded presentations on the background of the issues which demand our attention these days.

I, for one, would be glad to sit through two hours (or a series of two hour presentations) on the in's and out's of any number of issues. As has often been said, an educated electorate is essential for the best operation of the country, and the preservation of freedom (speaking in US terms here, but it has universal application).

reading and radio have become my choice but even there we are faced with what seems to me to be an even more frustrating question:

How do we know what we know?

PS: Does this seem like a "know-it-all" type of post? If it is I need to be clued in on it, 'cause the only thing I know is that I don't know much.

Now I'm getting paranoid...

new topics

top topics

join