It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Americans Planning A Moonbase on Moon !

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2006 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Looks like the US are going to build a moonbase:

www.washingtonpost.com...

I hope they call it Alpha !!!!

posted on Mar, 28 2006 @ 01:15 PM
link   
The link doesn't work for me.

Any other links to this?

Can you give the time frame?

JDub

posted on Mar, 28 2006 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Whoops, sorry about that. Try this:

www.washingtonpost.com...

posted on Mar, 28 2006 @ 01:52 PM
link   
What was that TV series that they had a base on the moon? It was a regular back in the day, sci-fi stuff. I'll keep looking on google, but that is what I envision. Really cool looking skeletonized ships and bubble domes...lol

posted on Mar, 28 2006 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I would hope they'd put a moonbase on the Moon.
If not, they would have to rename it.

posted on Mar, 28 2006 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Space: 1999

I think this is the show that you are thinking of. I remember it from when I was a kid and loved every minute of it. I remember asking Santa, mom and dad for the "communicator" device that they had when I saw it in a store. I remember it had a small "tv" screen in it for one character to see another one when they were talking on it. I also had a sort of hotwheels toy of the ship they used to fly.

Ah... memories!

JDub

posted on Mar, 28 2006 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Anyone else see another space race? Maybe even our first 'star wars'...

Just can't help but think they are copying the Russians, who announced they were going to mine the moon.

posted on Mar, 28 2006 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Yes it was indeed Space 1999, see this link here:

www.space1999.org...

I am a huge fan of the show and would be thrilled if the US moonbase was called Moonbase Alpha !! . Actually i think if a moonbase is going to be put up on the moon it should be an international effort.

Yay for Moonbase Alpha !!

posted on Apr, 1 2006 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by byhiniur
Anyone else see another space race? Maybe even our first 'star wars'...

Just can't help but think they are copying the Russians, who announced they were going to mine the moon.

Nasa has been working on this effort ever since Bush announced it back in 04.
And ii seems everyone want a moon base...US, Russia, India, Japan, and it seems possible that even China will (in the years to come) move more away from space stations, and start eyeing the moon as well.

And I dont want there to be one big international base...look at the ISS...that was a big waste of money for the amount of science performed...its basically always a skeleton crew there, just to keep it up and running, and not a multi-billion dollar piece of garbage.

posted on Apr, 1 2006 @ 08:46 PM
link   
where else would you put a moonbase but on the moon?

I still remember people in the early 80s thinking that during the year 2000 we would be living like the Jetson's. If we put as much effort into the space program as we did in the 60s and 70s would could have been there

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jehosephat
I still remember people in the early 80s thinking that during the year 2000 we would be living like the Jetson's. If we put as much effort into the space program as we did in the 60s and 70s would could have been there

we have been there...we just didn't stay there.

I wish that back then we stayed the course, and kept going to the moon, and by now we would have a pretty large base...but we went the space station route...and not much came out of that.

I'm glad that we have an initiative to go back to the moon...and this time stay there. and hopefully the moon will finally be colonized. But really that ALL depends on one thing.....water.

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 12:29 AM
link   
thought this thread was about the moonbase in arizona

new topics

top topics

join