It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Too paranoid to see straight!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2006 @ 12:02 PM
link   
So I cant decide if the government is downplaying the blue flu in order to not start a panic but i should be preparing for it privately OR there is NO bird flu and the government is playing it up with purposeful "leaks" in order to get us all to give the government more power and control over our lives...Obviously, I don't trust the government, I just don't understand what their angle is on this one...

posted on Mar, 28 2006 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Well, I can only show you what I researched about the school systems in my state.

my.highschooljournalism.org......
It’s a known fact, we really don’t mind missing school. Snowdays are like our holiday presents, and it’s hard to imagine a school year straight through without them. However, there is a possibility that we could be out of school indefinitely, depending on current events. Bird flu, of course, is a strain of influenza which is deadly to birds, and to humans who are in contact with them. There is talk of a mutation of the disease, so that bird flu would become easily communicable through human to human contact. That means the flu could spread like a common cold. Not too fun. A school is a germ ridden place. We share food, bathrooms, and cough and sneeze everywhere. Even the purell we all carry around isn’t guaranteed to kill off bird flu viruses.

Here’s the deal. If the bird flu mutates and migrates to America, or vice versa, we are all at risk. There isn’t nearly enough treatment for a pandemic of it, and the last thing we need is too cooped up with each other in school for five hours a day. Many medical personal affiliated with the government urge schools to plan, just in case we can’t go to school due to an outbreak. So it wouldn’t be all fun and games, but maybe it would.

More...

msnbc
pandemicflu.gov
www.pandemicflu.gov...

-This is aimed for high-schoolers, guys. But it'll work. Yeah, they have money but really just aren't trying.
What else is new?

[edit on 2006-4-1 by wecomeinpeace]

posted on Mar, 28 2006 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Hey Lianna - it is hard to think straight whn all this info is coming fast and furious - and half of it contradicts the other half.

Worse, it's hard to sort through it all - and the bad stuff makes us edgey. Unfortunately, it takes time to process new information, and to make our way through it emotionally. But there is light at the end of the tunnel. I promise.

Just so you know - you don't have to figure everything out all at once. It's smart to prepare for emergencies, and have food and water on hand, with a well-stocked first aid kit. So just do it.

If something happens, you're ready. If nothing happens, you're prepared for the next blizzard or earthquake.

posted on Apr, 1 2006 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I've only had one thought on this subject... and that is- if this virus is so fatal and is going to send us to the dark ages, then why are the birds still here? It's apparantly the bird flu so its easily transmitable from bird to bird already, correct? Or is it only when its easily tranmitable from human to human thru and evolved from is it transmitable from bird to bird easily then us and the birds die at the same rate? Why has it been predicted to jump to humans? What about cows? its not going to evolve towards cows too is it? or is it just us?
If you ask me its a synthetic virus to kill black people cuz black people love chicken.

if its been predicted that it will jump to humans and cause chaos, why isn't our government funding mass research for loss prevention. maybe cuz they got tired from preventing 9/11 and the levees in New Orleans. they just don't have they energy right now.

new topics

top topics

join