It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Drawn to Strength

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2006 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Not very Christian of me but I have been exploring other alternative religious beliefs. I find myself iressistably drawn to figures of strength. After explorations, which have included some face-to-face meetings, I am a bit l nervous about the roads that i am looking down. Sorry to be so unclear. Does anyone else find themselves strongly drawn to ideas which frighten them? If embarrassed to post, as I am, please message me!

posted on Mar, 28 2006 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Quite confusing what you mean.. As in you are attracted to things you shouldn't be? If so it is a natural reaction to want to dsicover the 'unknown'. Tell a child to never read a book.. the child will more than likely be tempted to, its just natural and i'd go for it

posted on Mar, 28 2006 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Have you ever thought of exploring the origins or faith based religions? That in itself can be quiet frightning for those of faith. Probably why so little actually bother to do that.

posted on Mar, 28 2006 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Are you on about satanism?

posted on Mar, 28 2006 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lianna
Not very Christian of me but I have been exploring other alternative religious beliefs.

I think it is very Christian to try to better understand spirituality and God, be they from the bible or alternate beliefs. Follow what ever paths that lead you to your truth for the is it not said " Great is truth and mighty above all things "(Apocrypha)

I do not understand what you mean by being attracted to figures of strength ? Like attachment to some pagan idols or a guru ? I dont think there is anything to be ashamed or frightened with ones attempts at spiritual libertarianism. It should be considered as a milestone in spiritual development, the willingness to step away from conformity, to experiment with the unknown and hopefully come out in the end with a better understanding of the truth. As the Great Buddha once said :

The whole secret of existence is to have no fear. Never fear what will become of you, depend on no one. Only the moment you reject all help are you freed.

But he also said: “Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.”- So that puts us in quite a spot doesnt it ?

[edit on 28-3-2006 by IAF101]

posted on Mar, 28 2006 @ 12:43 PM
link   
This I say with complete confidence which comes from my own personal experience:

If you put your trust in God, and not anyone else--you have nothing to fear and there are no legitimate boundaries on your spiritual education. You will not be led astray by anything if you let God lead you.

And that's easier to do than it may sound. Just follow that little voice inside, you know, the one that always tells you right but that you don't always listen to?

Well, that's God. The proof is the 'always right' factor. I'm not always right--but my 'gut' is! So that's not my gut, but my share of the spirit of Truth direct from God. If we listened to God on a multiple choice test (you know, 'always go with your first instinct') we'd all have had a 4.0 GPA!

This gut concept I have tested personally over my whole life--and the results are empircal and conclusive. And I've studied every thing sacred, ancient, spiritual, occult (which truly means 'hidden' by the way, not 'denomic.') and I never thought I'd fall into a pit--because I knew God wouldn't let me. Just know that, because it's true.

It's not strong faith to find a religion, pick it up and attach it with superglue to your soul--never wavering or growing even the slightest bit. That is, in fact, the fear. Faith is knowing that wherever you look, if you're seeking truth and seeking God in that manner--God is what you will find because there is a bit of truth in every single thing--usually covered with a bunch of chaff that is false, on the outside. God will make that outer crap fall away before your eyes (perceptually speaking) and you'll have no problem knowing what 'truth' is. And you'll find that all things in this world, all the millions and millions of little snail trails and diverge and flow and converge and separate into this religion or that mystery--eventually they begin to narrow and strengthen to the point of just being one mighty flowing stream that flows from God.

And by all means, seek 'strength!' I know you don't mean Hulk Hogan strength, but rather true strength.... That, too, is an excellent way to sleuth God out. Because God is Strength, just as He is Truth. And Love.

You can't miss the mark! And I bid you Godspeed on your journey (and I'll see you at the end!)

new topics

top topics

join