It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Veteran White House Chief of Staff Resigns

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2006 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Another one jumps from the USS Bush.

White House Chief of Staff Card to Resign -AP/Forbes

White House chief of staff Andy Card has resigned and will be replaced by budget director Josh Bolten, an administration official said Tuesday, in a White House shake up that comes amid declining poll standings for President Bush.

A veteran of the administrations of both President Ronald Reagan and the first President Bush, Card was widely respected by his colleagues in the Bush White House. They fondly called him "chief."

Associates said that Card, who was Secretary of Transportation and deputy chief of staff, had wanted to establish himself as the longest serving White House chief of staff. James Steelman, who was President Harry S. Truman's chief of staff, had served for six years and Card's tenure will have gone not much longer than five years.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Andrew Card -Wikipedia

Rove must be singing like a canary.
PTS: Rove Outed Cheney in Plame Case

posted on Mar, 28 2006 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Andy gave it his best shot, but I think he sees the writing on the wall.

Or was it a powerplay with Rove over the latest in the Plame case? That's what I'm putting my money on. A true man of integrity has to be fed up with the shenanigans.

That and the fact that it's a convenient time to cause a distraction with a WH shakeup.

He's fallen on his sword. But like Karen Hughes trip back to Texas a few years ago, I don't think he'll be too far from the action.

posted on Mar, 28 2006 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Well it happens a lot in politics, if you have an eye on a career in politics is good to get close to the ones that are popular and distance yourself when things star going down the hill.

posted on Mar, 28 2006 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Card either surfaces on K Street, Halliburton (boardroom somewhere), or helping to run the Massachuesetts' Republican candidate for governor's campaign this summer. Mitt Romney's retiring.

Swiftboating from Cape Cod?

posted on Mar, 28 2006 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Or he's going to the clinker cause Rove fingered him,
and he needs to get home to get his legal defense together.

If the poll goes low, throw one in da hole....

top topics

join