It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christianity and Homosexuality....

page: 12
<< 9  10  11   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2006 @ 03:16 PM
link   
You cannot molest the willing.

posted on Dec, 6 2006 @ 03:32 PM
link   
You cannot molest the willing? What if a five year old is willing?

No need to answer that.

About the Old Testament and such. I will attempt to lay it out as simply as I can but that's difficult because I recognize that it's complicated and may seem like a double standard to some.

The Old Testament is not The Law. However, The Law is the Old Testament. Specifically, it's a part of it. The Law occupies parts of Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, and is recounted in Deuteronomy. The Law is expressly for the Israelites. It was a way for them to purify themselves and not be counted as sinners, before Christ came.

Once Christ came, there was no need for The Law because purification occurred through Him, and not through ceremonial rites, which had previously been demanded by God. Instead of blood sacrifices and hundreds of other provisions which were Law to the Israelites, Christ himself became the sacrifice, through which forgiveness could be obtained.

Christ came not to destroy the Law, but to fulfill it. I believe this is in Romans somewhere. I don't really feel like looking it up since I know it's true but if you doubt me I can take the time to do it, just so it's apparent I'm not making unfounded claims.

Therefore, it's not that I believe The Law to be wrong or incorrect, but I believe that Christ fulfilled it. It's not that this particular part of the Bible "doesn't apply"; the concept of being purified from sin still exists, but the means of purifying was changed by Christ. So yes, in a sense, the specifics of this purification no longer apply, but the basic principle does.

As well, many points of The Law that Christians still practice (the Ten Commandments, for example) were reiterated by Christ, proving that those specific points were not merely part of the purification ceremony, but were a part of daily life to be followed by all.

When I speak of people who believe that parts of the Bible don't apply, I am referring more to those who are fond of throwing out books of the New Testament in particular based on a lack of solid proof that these books were actually written by who they are supposed to have been, about who they are supposed to have been, etc. Either way, this is irrelevant, as you have already indicated that you don't believe the Bible is the Word of God. Therefore, there's no reason to distinguish between one section and another in the pursuit of selective belief.

new topics

<< 9  10  11   >>

join