It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christianity and Homosexuality....

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2006 @ 03:16 PM
link   
As a Christian it's not my place to judge anyone for anything. True Christians should show love and kindness to everyone regardless of their life choices. God will be the judge and we should simply try to follow the teachings of Jesus as written in the New Testament.

Love and blessings to you all....

posted on Mar, 30 2006 @ 03:38 PM
link   
christians use homosexuality as an excuse for blind hate. that's all.

posted on Mar, 30 2006 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by jefferson101
christians use homosexuality as an excuse for blind hate. that's all.

No sir....SOME Christians use homosexuality as an excuse for blind hate.

I'm sure you understand.

Blessings...

posted on Mar, 30 2006 @ 04:32 PM
link   
So what is to be thought of these "True Christians" who go onto talk shows, like Maury, and argue with the parents and thier Homosexual Children about how they are going to Hell. And versing from the Bible things that would make some believe that Gays are wrong in thier minds and lifestyles?

posted on Mar, 30 2006 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Jesus spoke out against people judging others... unfortunately that's quite common among Christians.

99% of Christians make the rest look bad.

It's a bit of an irony though... when the religion basically says that homosexuals are going to hell, so it's no surprise that many Christians are judgemental.

posted on Mar, 30 2006 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kruel
when the religion basically says that homosexuals are going to hell

I wouldn't mind reading that verse, can you please tell me where I can find it in the bible?

thanks.....

posted on Mar, 30 2006 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Did you miss junglejake's quote on the previous page? Besides this is common knowledge. Maybe the bible doesn't say the exact phrase: "homosexuals go to hell", but simply says that they will not inherit the Kingdom of God or somesuch, which is basically the same thing.

I was raised a Christian btw... so I'm not just spouting off assumptions. I know what they teach, and I was a blind believer for years. Luckily in the process of trying to learn more I ended up converting myself away.

posted on Mar, 30 2006 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Did you miss junglejake's quote on the previous page?

Yes, honestly I didn't read any of the thread.

Maybe the bible doesn't say the exact phrase: "homosexuals go to hell", but simply says that they will not inherit the Kingdom of God or some such, which is basically the same thing.

Certainly the bible says that homosexuality is a sin but its a sin just like any other sin. Jesus paid the ultimate price, he died for our sins (sacrificial lamb)....he paid the price for everyone for all time. All we need to do is accept Jesus as our savior. There is no set time frame in our lives to do this. Therefor we must have the full length of our life to accept Jesus and be saved. Knowing this, no person has the right to condemn an individual to hell because they have the rest of their lives to accept Christ.

I was raised a Christian btw... so I'm not just spouting off assumptions. I know what they teach, and I was a blind believer for years.

Nobody has questioned your understanding or knowledge, I simply asked a question.

[edit on 30-3-2006 by kinglizard]

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 09:19 AM
link   
perhaps the problem lies if the fact that the NT as it is known today dise not reflect the teachings of Jehosua. But his teachings as intrepreted by and filtered through Paul.
these are then filtered through every Toms Harry Dick , and Jack,chick,texe,pat, oral, etc,etc.etc. so by the time they get to the end users they have no resemblence to the
original .
and as was recently mentioned at a fundie conference someplace, preacher dont lie.

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Honestly, I've always figured it was some person misinterpreting something along time ago, and the people of the time, being predominantly straight, decided they agreed with it, and it's been passed on through the generations, that and parents and piers telling people so when there young/growing up.

So a lot of fags could be part of any sort of religon.

One question;
Are you yourself gay, if not I'd ask you to not use the word/term fag/ot as it is a derogetory term, and I myself find it offensive.

EDIT:
Fixed quote tags.

[edit on 4/2/2006 by iori_komei]

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Did you miss junglejake's quote on the previous page?

I should clarify what I said, because I also quoted Paul telling us, in the same letter, that everything is permissible in Christ.

Paul stated that those who practice those things will not inherit the kingdom of heaven, but then says everything is permissible...What gives?

Paul wasn't saying those sins were a direct line into Hell. By no means was he saying this. I'm going to use the example of drunkenness from that passage, because that's something I occasionally struggle with.

It is not the sin itself that is condemnable. Christ told us everything would and could be forgiven us, with one exception. That exception does not appear on Paul’s list. When we follow Christ, we strive to be a good and faithful servant to Him. That doesn't mean, by any means, that we are perfect. We all slip, we all stumble. The difference is that, as evidence of our faith, we try to correct these problems we have in our life. If we are content to be living in sin, then we are not striving to be a good and faithful servant to Christ. Paul was not talking about people that stumble into those sins, but the people who are happy in their sin. He also was not saying that these actions are the problem, but rather an indication that our hearts are not focused the King, but instead ourselves and the world.

I actually wrote something about this a while ago in regards to the book of James. You can read more about that here. Here's a sample:

Can an individual be saved by faith alone? This is a hotly contested issue in the Christian community, and actually caused a schism in the Church several hundred years ago. James proposes this very question in James 2:14: "What good is it, my brothers, if a man claims to have faith but has no deeds? Can such faith save him?" Therein lies the debate. In my study of scripture, I would say it is possible such faith could save them.

I have grown a lot in my spiritual journey since I wrote that, but that post is still solid in what I understand in the Word. The coolest thing is that God is only getting started
This really is an amazing journey!

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 04:01 AM
link   
As a Christian myself would like to add as well to the questions asked.

I`d also echo the input KingLizard and JJ gave.

This thread could have been named numerous ways and receive the same answers,it would have been simpler to have just named it under the title "Sin and Christianity"you would have gotten the same answers or responses for those under the grip of homosexuality.

It is my personal opinion (which is`nt worth a dime but anyway....) that anyone that has done something wrong and depending on the severity would have a hard enough time believing they have Gods forgiveness if they asked for it,let alone people you have known that keep reminding you or seeing you as the same way you were before hand,so its seems harder to repent or to forgive yourself,but bear in mind God has forgiven you when you have repented thats what matters.

So many people i have known and myself included, look for excuses of why we are the way we are,either for someone else to take the blame and explain it away or just seek approval and for others to understand,for what ever convicts us we would rather attack the law and not attack the offense within us.Its all human nature to do this.Being born again of the Holy Spirit we fight our human nature which is replaced with the Holy Spirit a gift from God,this i have also failed many many times.

I`m still in awe of a man i saw on a documentary program i saw about 5 years ago,when he was born was born with deformed male genitalia doctors and scientist types got together and decided that they would operate on him as a baby and make him female and he would be better off than living out his life as a male with the deformity,the parents gave him a girls name dressed and treated him as such, as he grew up knew something was wrong,i forget how he eventually found out the truth,though if anyone had an excuse to be bitter,hateful, turn to drugs and alcohol etc this guy did more than most,though he did`nt he found himself a women who had children and made her his wife and became a father to the children.

The only difference is choice,he did`nt choose those things to happen to him,so i guess its easier for him to change.When i`m afraid or make excuses to change something in my life for the better,i often think of this man.

God only wants you to be the best you you can be,so there`s always room for improvement in all of us,and Christ is our example who`s shoes no one else can fill,thats why He`s our Lord,simple really.

And when seen for what Christianity really is about excluding bad examples of it if you please,you should be scratching your head why people hate it or Christians so much.Because there seems to be more hate towards Christians Christ or God again in this thread than there is hate towards homosexuals or others yet again.Situation normal.

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 04:25 AM
link   
you guys really dont read the bible too much do you? why did christ destroy sodom and ghomorra? because they were sodomizing and raping! they were inter wedding, having orgies, they basically started sodomizing as we know it! there isnt any other way for a homosexual, male however, to make ''love'' without doing it the wrong way. this is why christ destroyed the both towns. and people today still have the nerve to ask the question in cold blindness.

congratultions the devil has fooled you.

need i remind you that anal sex leads to more germs and bacterias resulting in more hepatitis for you!

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Why was Sodom destroyed? Was it, as popular Christian culture has stated, because there were so many homosexuals? How can we find out the cause of God's wrath on the city?

The answer lies in the Word of God, and isn't found in Genesis alone. Some areas from scripture that talk about this:

Isaiah 3:9 (emphasis added):

The look on their faces testifies against them; they parade their sin like Sodom; they do not hide it. Woe to them! They have brought disaster upon themselves.

Right here Isaiah is saying it was the parading of sin that brought disaster on Sodom. It wasn't the actual sin; if it was, and God's wrath pours upon us for sins that we are struggling with, then Christ is a liar and His sacrifice on the cross was for naught.

In Ezekiel, when the prophet is chastising Judea for what they have begun, he compares them to Sodom. He, too, explains Sodom's sin:

Ezekiel 16:49

" 'Now this was the sin of your sister Sodom: She and her daughters were arrogant, overfed and unconcerned; they did not help the poor and needy.

Christ also spoke of Sodom's sin. When He was convicting unrepentant cities in Matthew 11, He said,

23And you, Capernaum, will you be lifted up to the skies? No, you will go down to the depths. If the miracles that were performed in you had been performed in Sodom, it would have remained to this day.

What was taking place in Capernaum was worse than what was taking place in Sodom. He's saying here that what has been shown to Capernaum, the miracles and signs, would have saved Sodom. There is repentance. There is grace and forgiveness, but we must cry out to Jesus! He goes on to say in verse 24,

24But I tell you that it will be more bearable for Sodom on the day of judgment than for you."

Because Capernaum rejected God, it would be destroyed and the fate of Sodom would be better than theirs. No mention of homosexuality. Don't you think that if this sin was so paramount in God's eyes, Christ might have mentioned that sin specifically? He never does, not once through any gospel account.

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by topsecretombomb
you guys really dont read the bible too much do you? why did christ destroy sodom and ghomorra? because they were sodomizing and raping! they were inter wedding, having orgies, they basically started sodomizing as we know it! there isnt any other way for a homosexual, male however, to make ''love'' without doing it the wrong way. this is why christ destroyed the both towns. and people today still have the nerve to ask the question in cold blindness.

congratultions the devil has fooled you.

need i remind you that anal sex leads to more germs and bacterias resulting in more hepatitis for you!

Hmmm...I guess YOU don't read your bible either. Because it was GOD who destroyed those cities, NOT Christ.

As far as the anal sex thing. You do know that there are just as many straight people with STDs as there are homosexual? Even more because of the percentages.

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by gps777
And when seen for what Christianity really is about excluding bad examples of it if you please,you should be scratching your head why people hate it or Christians so much.Because there seems to be more hate towards Christians Christ or God again in this thread than there is hate towards homosexuals or others yet again.Situation normal.

I was hoping to get more input from those Christians who are completely against Homosexuality because "thier religion tells them so." Kind of, trying to understand them a little better.

So far I have not read anything that could convince me of thier righteousness. Maybe that is why this thread seems more like a punch to Christanity to you. There are people who believe in God responding, but not people who believe that Homosexuals are a plague to religion.

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by junglejake
It is a sin no worse than any other people commit intentionally, and there is forgiveness through Christ.

so then it's still a sin. IMO that ignorent, predjudice(sp?), hateful, ect...
IMO thats like sayin having cancer is a sin, but hey, not that bad of one.
homosexuals are so ostrasized, they are no different. thats just how they are. not there choice. hey, gay bashers, have a heart

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 09:32 PM
link   

and there is forgiveness through Christ.

To me, that's like saying it's ok to sin, so long as you accept Jesus or repent your sin's.

*cough*scapegoat*cough*

Take responsability for your own action's.

Sorry for the off topic post. Just can't stand seeing that quote.

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 11:08 PM
link   

I was hoping to get more input from those Christians who are completely against Homosexuality because "thier religion tells them so." Kind of, trying to understand them a little better.

I'm not sure I qualify. I believe that God is against homosexuality, as that's what he says. I have quite a few close homosexual friends. I pull no punches with them as to what God says, yet they are my friends and are treated as such. I am not religious at all, and yet I believe that Jesus is the prophesied Messiah and I accept Him as my personal savior.

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 07:20 PM
link   
"I am not religious at all, and yet I believe that Jesus is the prophesied Messiah and I accept Him as my personal savior"-sun matrix

so you in fact are religious

[edit on 6-4-2006 by edwardteach]

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join