It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christianity and Homosexuality....

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ford Farmer
When you walk by a pretty woman, can you control the one perverse thought that pops into your head.NO!!! It's primal.

First of all it is not perverse to look at someone and think they are attractive. The human race would have died off if strong attractions were not in place. It's only perverse if you dwell on it and covet something that belongs to someone else. It's not a sin to be tempted, just to give in to temptation.

while you may be thinking about her im thinking the same about her boyfriend.

I doubt it. Her boyfriend doesn't come with that kind of equipment. Men see women's breast as being able to sustain a child, and hips as being properly built to give birth to the child. It's not exactly thought of that way, but that's what it boils down to when you examine it. Men are attracted to features that scream fertility.

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 06:55 PM
link   
I didnt mean the same thoughts

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 07:49 PM
link   
i don't hate the cross. i don't suck blood. i don't drink blood either, even if it was wine before i imbibed it.

conversely i don't have a need to have complicated rituals and convoluted doctrine govern how i communicate with my creator.

another point that i think is amusing is that all the opponents post to homosexuality are mainly focused on the actual sexual acts, whereas the ones that are for homosexuality talk about an emotional bond that transcends physical love.

look beyond the physical and embrace the spiritual, that really is what christianity is all about.

posted on Nov, 5 2006 @ 09:00 PM
link   
LOVE is what unites all people of races, genders, and backgrounds. Brainwashing by culture and media tries to tear that bond away. Down here in Georgia, if you ask most people (not kids of high school students) you will get the reply that homosexuality is wrong and against God. It is those people that want you to DENY LOVE. LOVE is beautiful. LOVE is right regardless of the circumstances. LOVE will in the end reunite US ALL.

posted on Nov, 5 2006 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Well I'm certain that somewhere in the bible it states that any man who lays (or has sexual intercourse) with another man should be put the death. Though it doesn't say the same thing about females. But I assume it could go both ways. Not that I care.

posted on Nov, 5 2006 @ 09:11 PM
link   
You know I'm really starting to think that in Christianity homosexuality really is wrong.

I'm not a Christian, so I don't really care what they think. If thats really part of Christianity than fine.

As long as they keep it out of congress, that is.

posted on Nov, 5 2006 @ 10:01 PM
link   
It is because of False Prophets like Ted Haggerd, the outed homosexual preacher that the Name of Jesus Christ is hated so much. He is a hypocrite, who for who knows how many years has fleesed and used the people of God. His punishnemt will be quick Im sure, because he has caused uncalcuable damage to that Great name of Jesus! He is, I believe, only the first of many False prophets to fall in the next few months to come for their Prostitution and Abortion of Christs name all for their own Gain. Peter said it plainly enough here:

2 Peter 2
False Teachers and Their Destruction
1But there were also false prophets among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you. They will secretly introduce destructive heresies, even denying the sovereign Lord who bought them—bringing swift destruction on themselves. 2Many will follow their shameful ways and will bring the way of truth into disrepute. 3In their greed these teachers will exploit you with stories they have made up. Their condemnation has long been hanging over them, and their destruction has not been sleeping.
4For if God did not spare angels when they sinned, but sent them to hell,[a] putting them into gloomy dungeons to be held for judgment; 5if he did not spare the ancient world when he brought the flood on its ungodly people, but protected Noah, a preacher of righteousness, and seven others; 6if he condemned the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah by burning them to ashes, and made them an example of what is going to happen to the ungodly; 7and if he rescued Lot, a righteous man, who was distressed by the filthy lives of lawless men 8(for that righteous man, living among them day after day, was tormented in his righteous soul by the lawless deeds he saw and heard)— 9if this is so, then the Lord knows how to rescue godly men from trials and to hold the unrighteous for the day of judgment, while continuing their punishment.[c] 10This is especially true of those who follow the corrupt desire of the sinful nature[d] and despise authority.

Bold and arrogant, these men are not afraid to slander celestial beings; 11yet even angels, although they are stronger and more powerful, do not bring slanderous accusations against such beings in the presence of the Lord. 12But these men blaspheme in matters they do not understand. They are like brute beasts, creatures of instinct, born only to be caught and destroyed, and like beasts they too will perish.

13They will be paid back with harm for the harm they have done. Their idea of pleasure is to carouse in broad daylight. They are blots and blemishes, reveling in their pleasures while they feast with you.[e] 14With eyes full of adultery, they never stop sinning; they seduce the unstable; they are experts in greed—an accursed brood! 15They have left the straight way and wandered off to follow the way of Balaam son of Beor, who loved the wages of wickedness. 16But he was rebuked for his wrongdoing by a donkey—a beast without speech—who spoke with a man's voice and restrained the prophet's madness.

17These men are springs without water and mists driven by a storm. Blackest darkness is reserved for them. 18For they mouth empty, boastful words and, by appealing to the lustful desires of sinful human nature, they entice people who are just escaping from those who live in error. 19They promise them freedom, while they themselves are slaves of depravity—for a man is a slave to whatever has mastered him. 20If they have escaped the corruption of the world by knowing our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ and are again entangled in it and overcome, they are worse off at the end than they were at the beginning. 21It would have been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than to have known it and then to turn their backs on the sacred command that was passed on to them. 22Of them the proverbs are true: "A dog returns to its vomit,"[f]and, "A sow that is washed goes back to her wallowing in the mud."

Sorry that was so long, but it was needed!

That aside i have to ask you a question because to me your question sounds loaded, or at the very least, like your only looking for reassurence of your own destorted view.

Frankly, I don't care what other Christians think of Homosexuals or their acts together. It is neither my place or theirs to judge or convict those out side the church. They as I believe are in God's hands not mine. However, I cannot tolerate in the least, someone who wears the mask of Christianity and lives a Christ contradictory lifestyle. Be it known to you this day that both the hypocrite and the unrepentent will ultimately end up in the same place. Those who willing reject Christ FREE gift of forgiveness will perish.

So where is all this going? Simply this: If you want to really know what God thinks of Homosexual behavior (since that is the topic at hand) Read the Bible and then judge for your self. Don't blame "christians" for your own insecurity- which may actully be the remnants of your conscience reaching out to you.

As for me I don't care one way or the other who out there is homosexual, unless you are wearing a christian mask.

[edit on 5-11-2006 by Graystar]

posted on Nov, 5 2006 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by theRiverGoddess
What I am understanding from the posted Biblical 'quotes'....is that it is JUST AS BAD to be a drunk, or to be greedy as to be homosexual.....

Why dont the Christians walk around carrying signs about booze and greed? Why is it that Bartenders are not strung up on fences and left to die?
Are they not the purveyers of the wicked drink?

Christians will say they can drink if they want, or be greedy if they want.....so WHY can't homosexuals be homo if they want???

WHAT IS the differance? I guess that is what I wanna know.....

Here is a quote by Emmett Fox:
"If you could ONLY love enough, you would be the most powerfull person in the world"

It is human beings that are worth love....not alcohol and the allmighty dollar.

GAY POWER

....................................just sayin

They are HUMAN BEINGS and deserving of ALL human rights.

[edit on 30-3-2006 by theRiverGoddess]

Because most Christians don't really know Who God is, thats why!

Instead of Following the reall sheppard, Jesus, they are following tele-evangilist who live comepletely abhorrant and shameful lifestyles.

But before you close your mind comepletely here you should read the Bible objectively for yourself, asking the Real God what his heart is and not yours or mine.

I truely believe that many people will perish because of the poor representitves of Jesus down here today. Not withstanding, ignorance of what the Jesus really says is no excuse.

It really is just a little to easy to call every christian a hypocrtie without even having read the Bible for yourself, honestly?

I recomennd the good news Child's Bible, I believe that is how Jesus would have talked, not in Old English- ((((LOL))))

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Graystar
As for me I don't care one way or the other who out there is homosexual, unless you are wearing a christian mask.

There is no mask.

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 02:41 AM
link   
figured this might be an appropriate thread for this, and it will add to the discussion anyway. the two measures regarding domestic partnerships (ref. i) and defense of marriage (amendment 43) were voted on here in colorado today, and 43 passed and i failed, i think in large part to the ted haggard controversy here. his indiscretions strengthened the populace's view of homosexuals as dirty and sex crazed drug addicts, and all in all hurt the gay rights movement. 2 weeks ago polls showed that i was going to pass as well, creating domestic partnerships while at the same time defining marriage as between a man and a woman.

i am saddened that people still confuse their morality with legislative legality.

most of the oppositions arguments began with statements such as "as a christian i can't support that measure"; but in my mind the question is "as a citizen and a taxpayer, can't you support your peers basic legal rights?"

isn't one of the creeds that jesus taught 'live and let live'?

homosexuality shouldn't matter to a christian unless they are a homosexual themself.

that's my opinion anyway.....

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 11:26 PM
link   
at a web site called "wbaxter" under religion, this guy lists all the popes and gives a little bit of each popes bio, hell and they tell me I'm a sinner if I eat meat on Fridays--Right!

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 07:54 AM
link   
The thing about Christians is that each individual Christian picks and chooses which things from the Bible he/she wants to folow and which things he she DOESN"T want to follow. You can be Christian and be homosexual, but other Christians will nitpick things from the Good Book and say you're going to go to Hell for it, then they go and do something like...I dunno, SHAVE THEIR BEARD, which is a sin according to Leviticus 19:27. Or wear polyester. (A sin according to Leviticus 19:19) Yes if you're going to quote Leviticus and say a person can't be gay, then you better not eat shrimp or hamburger, or shave, or have a vegetable garden, or have a pet rabbit.

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shortness
darkelf, congratz, way to take bible text out of context again. Jesus said, lest ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish. I'm saying unrepented fornicators and homosexuals who decided to live in such lifestyle and not turn from those sins will not go to heaven. This is a clear teaching of the bible. I mean, look at Lot's wife, all she did was turn around because she couldn't let go of the life that was in sodom and gomorrah, you think God will allow homosexuals and fornicators into heaven? THERE IS NO SIN IN HEAVEN. THERE WILL BE NO HOMOSEXUALS IN HEAVEN. I mean sheesh, imagine when/if i get to heaven and i meet someone who is homosexual would he want to try to have sex with me?

[edit on 3-5-2006 by Shortness]

Christ himself has your answer in Matt 22: 24-32

As a former homosexual who has become celibate in obedience to God, I have to question your statement that there will be no homos in heaven. I guess it depends on how you define homosexual. I have been celibate for many years now, but am still attracted to both sexes. The bible clearly states that temptation is not sin, so am I still a homosexual by your definition?

Of course I, like everyone else, am somewhat less than wholly obedient to God's commandments. I'm having a glass of wine right now (which I don't believe to be a sin), I do get mad and cuss at times, I put myself before others very regularly, and I saw a car today that I must admit I coveted. I have, however, remained celibate for several years now, despite some pretty attractive offers. Oh please do tell me, do I get in?

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ford Farmer

Originally posted by Graystar

There is no mask.

No Kidding!!

I think you're secretly hiding behind the flag and the Rocky Horror references.

You must be an illuminati plant, here to subvert us with your pro gay agenda.

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 10:02 PM
link   
It has nothing to do with morality... it is a sin because liking someone with the same genitalia as you cannot produce children.. People are so fickle.. let em be homo's if they use their wife and kid shield.. lol

no but seriously... who really cares? ...

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Ok so this really is a loaded question. And I've seen alot of good discussion, and some really fickle and spiteful words here. Yes, I believe homosexuality is a sin, not just because the Bible says so. Yes it is true, Male + Male or Female + Female cannot reproduce. That is one good example. Secondly. Has anyone ever heard the saying "If you think it's wrong, it probably is?" I used to do some body building back in school, and after one competition it came to my attention that a guy friend of mine "wanted me." Did I say eh get away from me? No I talked to him about this. You know what I found? he wasn't happy with his life. He told me about his struggles with homosexuality and that it wasn't just because of cultural pressure and the bible. It was that he felt completely filthy every time he did a homosexual act. But, he felt the temptation was too strong and he couldn't fight his urges. He knew that it was a battle of right and wrong.

Romans 3:23 says "For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God." So Do I think Homosexuality is a sin? Yes, does that make me better than them? No. Why? In Christianity there is only one possible "un-forgivable sin," and that is denouncing God. I say possible, because EVERY sin is forgivable, give that the individual is true, honest, and wants to repent. Even one of the greatest Christian authors of our time C.S. Lewis was once an atheist, but, amidst his quest to disprove God, he found God, and I am sure that God forgave him. But there in lies the problem. You have to want it, and be willing to repent, you can't just do it over and over again and say "oh well I'll be forgiven." Forgiveness is a two sided thing, you must 1. Ask then 2. Receive then 3. repent. That applies to all sin.

So, yes, homosexuality is a sin, but conversely, it is also a sin to mock them, and not try to help. It is like an old chinese proverb says "Better to light a candle than to curse the darkness."

Lastly, I agree that Love can bind us all. But there Are 3 types of love. Eros, Phileo, and Agape. I hope this link will clear that up for anyone.

www.biblestudy.org...

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 12:53 AM
link   
THat is a very very simple question to answer Inanna.
Christians ARE supposed to love everyone.
GOD DOES LOVE EVERYONE.
However, those who choose to be homosexual, which is against God's law, are giving up that love in the face of the Word which is infinitely the elder of ANY gay person living today.

It boils down to no respect of self, or of others. Only self-involved "pleasure".

So, those Christians that treat gay people like crap, no they're not a good example at all.
But don't let that let you believe that just because God loves you, doesn't mean you're going to Heaven.
You must repent to be with the Lord - if you continue in your ways as constant as breathing, then the Lord says that Sheol is your destination. In Sheol, there is no memory, no thought... it's deep sleep without dreaming for as long as it takes before Sheol is cast into the Lake of Fire with the False prophet, Antichrist, and Satan.
If you want to be gay, have fun. Earth is as high as you're ever going to be.

How about disregard sex all together, don't label yourself gay just so you can be considered in a minority that this backwards world is giving more "rights" to everyday *because of blackmailing and threats* and friggin open up your eyes and mind to something much cleaner.

How can you love your Lord and then deny what the nature of His Creation is?????
That a child is the product of a man and a woman! If you want to be gay, you're being selfish and utterly saying, "I will not bring anyone into this life, but only take care of someone else's kid." What a way to pass off most of the responsibility and the honor.

Nothing wrong with helping someone else's kid, but then you're leading that kid to believe being gay is okay and now that kid you claim you're trying to raise in all goodness is going to die believing that homosexuality is correct and now his/her blood is on your hands, once again.

It's so clear...
Loving doesn't mean liking - neither does it mean kissing up and buttering up words meant to get through to someone. I have no use for kissing ass. I would love you all the same way would there the opportunity.
Doesn't mean I'd let you be gay if my stepbrother was around. You would be told immediately - no, you're wrong, you don't have a right, go away.
You would do the same if there was a deer standing next to you and some white bearded mountain man with a smith&wesson was aiming at the deer.
Now harming the innocent has a whole new image, don't it?

Amen to the Lord, what, to the Almighty, what, to the oooh, yeah, Savior, baby.

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 01:29 AM
link   

However, those who choose to be homosexual, which is against God's law, are giving up that love in the face of the Word which is infinitely the elder of ANY gay person living today.

Heterosexuals set a choice to be gay? That doesn't make any sense! Why would a straight person want to change his/her sexual orientation? There obviously messed up in the head I would think. I would like to clarify that average gays do not have a choice to switch there sexual urges unless they are bisexual. You mentioned that those who choose to be gay is against god's law. Well really does god not have any laws? God is a True light creator bound by no rules or boundaries which applys to the realm of light (heaven). Therefore, god has no law but true divine love for all. It sounds like those who choose to be gay are sick backward minded perverts. Which inclines there intentions to be of Darkness' own creation. God does not have laws whereas this astral finite and physical universe is bound by rules and boundrys which is Darkness' own creation - an error of the True Creator creation.

But don't let that let you believe that just because God loves you, doesn't mean you're going to Heaven.
You must repent to be with the Lord - if you continue in your ways as constant as breathing, then the Lord says that Sheol is your destination. In Sheol, there is no memory, no thought... it's deep sleep without dreaming for as long as it takes before Sheol is cast into the Lake of Fire with the False prophet, Antichrist, and Satan. If you want to be gay, have fun. Earth is as high as you're ever going to be.

The True Light Creator does not ask to be worshipped or be feared upon or intend to be asked for forgiveness. It is all up to the enslaved spirit to chose the path of destruction or not. This is not gods decision to forgive or object to the sinners doings. For there is no need to. Darkness' will do its own bidding from now on.

I'll leave you to that for now.
7A

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 02:28 AM
link   
I really don't understand how this whole Anunaki thing started... I've heard of the obscure, but I don't even think Discovery Channel will jump on that grenade...

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by castnoshadow
homosexuality is a sin...Male + Male or Female + Female cannot reproduce. That is one good example.

If you use this as an argument I hope you've never had sex for any other reason than to reproduce. If you ever had sex as a way of showing your love for your partner, or even for your own pleasure, then you're a hypocrite. (Don't take it personally, most people who take the Bible literally are hypocrites.)

Has anyone ever heard the saying "If you think it's wrong, it probably is?".......He told me about his struggles with homosexuality and that it wasn't just because of cultural pressure and the bible. It was that he felt completely filthy every time he did a homosexual act. But, he felt the temptation was too strong and he couldn't fight his urges. He knew that it was a battle of right and wrong.

I beg to differ. Like the majority of us, he was raised in a society that has the tendency to make homosexuals feel they are sinning or doing something wrong just because they're different. He has been "programmed" if you will, by society - not God, to feel guilty about being different.

Forgiveness is a two sided thing, you must 1. Ask then 2. Receive then 3. repent. That applies to all sin.

Stating that any person needs to "repent" for who they are is so typical Christian and so incredibly inhumane it makes me sick. It's time Christians stopped trying to deny non-heterosexuals the right to love who they want without being ridiculed. I'm not directing this at you directly castnoshadow, but you Christians are trying to deny people their civil rights and you make me sick to my stomach.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join