It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christianity and Homosexuality....

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2006 @ 06:37 AM
link   
I have never understood why to be Christian you HAVE to like people of the other gender? I thought Christians were supposed to be very understanding, loving people who hated no one? Who had no bad intentions or thoughts towards any other human being?

Is this something that has changed in the Bible over the years? You know one of the "edits" that have been made to make it more fitting to society?

[edit on 28-3-2006 by Inanna]

posted on Mar, 28 2006 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Maybe because Christians believe that God created Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve
You see my point tho?

posted on Mar, 28 2006 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by DodgeG1
Maybe because Christians believe that God created Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve
You see my point tho?

Maybe it was Adam and Steve then changed later to Eve, you don't know.

[edit on 28-3-2006 by SpittinCobra]

posted on Mar, 28 2006 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Removed inappropriate comment.

[edit on 28-3-2006 by sanctum]

posted on Mar, 28 2006 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Inanna
I thought Christians were supposed to be very understanding, loving people who hated no one? Who had no bad intentions or thoughts towards any other human being?

Who told you that?

Remember the Crusades? Thousands slaughtered all in the name of the Christian God.

en.wikipedia.org...

The way I see it, Gay people were here before Christians, so it's them who need our acceptance, not t'other way round!

[edit on 28-3-2006 by VelvetSplash]

posted on Mar, 28 2006 @ 09:32 AM
link   
This is something I find very irritating, since even many Christians don't know the exact facts.

Even the most understanding Christians still say its a sin, when its not.

It does say in the Old Testament that Homosexuality is wrong, but Christians are negate from the Old Testament since Jesus re-did everything.

Why do you think Christians can eat shellfish and pork? The Old Testament condemns those things. The only people that have to follow that is Jewish people.

Thats what really gets me. Overall its just people who wanted to find an excuse to hate homosexuals, and without knowing enough about there own religion, dug into a Bible and looked for something and found it in a part of the Bible that Christians don't even have to listen to anymore!

posted on Mar, 28 2006 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I know how the Christians MADE people convert by destroying other's writings and cultures, but homosexuality isn't really a "Culture" is it? I figured there would have been "bigger" things to attend to.

posted on Mar, 28 2006 @ 04:07 PM
link   
The dreaded "HOMO-SEX-UL" and them Xtians.
VelvetSplash makes a very good point. Gays have been with uis from the very beginning. The sex of the human embryo is not even apparent until week 7 and this is for males only. Embryos that will be female wait until later, for some reason. Of course the sex of the embryo is determend genetically at conception depending on whether the old Y chromosone does it's job or not.
So johnny-come-lately Xtians can go fish. It is not up to them to approve anybody else's anything.

DodgeG1, "Adam and Eve"..REALLY! You can't possible still believe that story! lol

Inanna, Thw bible has been redacted so many times that even if it were somehow an accounting of actual events there would be no possibility of relying on anything in the book. Xtians are fond of taking passages from the KJV and translating them to mean almost any wild interpretation that suits thier proprietary purpose at the moment. It would be comical if such disjointed thinking did not influence the fleabags in Congress who obviously will say or claim anything to stay in office and avoid having to get a job of work.
Even if the bible (KJV) speciffically stated that homosexuality was/is wrong you would still have to decide whether to give the claim a moments notice before trying to decide who wrotye the passage and when and for what reason.

sayswho (skep by any other name)

posted on Mar, 28 2006 @ 04:53 PM
link   
There are a few angles I'd like to address here. First off, there is no restriction in Christianity on who you love. Male or female, you can love them all. As far as sexual relations go, though, that's supposed to be with your spouse and your spouse alone.

Now, it's been pointed out that Christians are free from the law of the OT. This is true, but Paul talks about this freedom in First Corinthians 10:23 when he says everything is permissible. However, he goes on to say that not everything is beneficial.

On top of that, Paul, in the same letter, comments about homosexuality in First Corinthians 6:9-10:

9Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders 10nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.

However, this does not make homosexuality into the paramount sin that so many make it out to be. It is a sin no worse than any other people commit intentionally, and there is forgiveness through Christ.

posted on Mar, 29 2006 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Homosexuality is a sexuality

Christanity is a religon

People have both religons, and sexualitys (or a lack their of). So a lot of fags could be part of any sort of religon.

posted on Mar, 30 2006 @ 12:20 PM
link   
If you read the New Testement, as Junglejake quoted. It basically says If you are an unrepentant homosexual you will not go into heaven. Think of Christians holding up signs saying "Bridge out!" instead of saying "God hates fags" and you will get an idea where they are coming from.

True Christians are trying to warn homosexuals away from thier lifestyle that will not allow them to go into heaven. But in the end, the final judge is not the Christian, but God himself

posted on Mar, 30 2006 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Now, it's been pointed out that Christians are free from the law of the OT. This is true, but Paul talks about this freedom in First Corinthians 10:23 when he says everything is permissible. However, he goes on to say that not everything is beneficial.

4 Ye shall walk after the LORD your God, and fear him, and keep his commandments, and obey his voice, and ye shall serve him, and cleave unto him.

5 And that prophet, or that dreamer of dreams, shall be put to death; because he hath spoken to turn you away from the LORD your God, which brought you out of the land of Egypt, and redeemed you out of the house of bondage, to thrust thee out of the way which the LORD thy God commanded thee to walk in. So shalt thou put the evil away from the midst of thee.

Many if not all Christians basically worship Jesus as if he himself were god. Obviously he is not god and for many reason's all outlined in the bible itself. Yet we have imagery of Jesus on a cross, clearly in violation of commandment number 4.

"You shall have no other gods besides Me... Do not make a sculpted image or any likeness of what is in the heavens above..."

It is also a prohibition against making or possessing objects that one or other may bow down to or serve, including any artistic representations of God or symbols thereof, including crucifixes, or any sculpture of a human being.

The coming Messiah was one who would bring full observence of God's law's. Not change them.

The coming Messiah was one who would bring the hewbrews back to Jerusalem. Not have a new religion formed in his name only to persecute and disperse the Jews out of the holy lands.

The coming Messiah was one who would be a direct descendent of David, not born of a virgin pagan demi-god conception.

The concept of a trinity does not exist in the OT, this is an NT invention by Jesus or more apropriatley, those who wrote the NT 30 years after his unprophecied death. Which is another thing that does not exist in the Messianic prophecies of the OT.

Christianity is nothing more then those who don't want to follow God's "old" law's. But instead would rather follow the laws of some man born of a sinful woman who commited adultry. They would rather follow a man who couldn't even follow the traditional law's given by god.

All this and with the given fact that not a single Christian on this planet (or atleast none I've met or talked to online) even bother to follow what Jesus says. Instead, they'd rather twist the bible's teaching's for their own disgusting purposes. Commit hate crimes against gay's for instance. Kill abortionist doctors. Wage "holy" wars. THOU SHALT NOT KILL.

Christianity should be condemned. Not for it's teaching's, but for those hypocrits who can't even bother to LEARN. There are so many hypocrits who proclaim to have so much knowledge of the bible, and yet show literally nothing. They have to spend an hour to find a verse or they idiotically sit there can claim you don't know what your talking about and violently insult you for it. Most if not all of you are nothing but a bunch of hypocrits.

And before I get a crap load of insults and judgments made against me or condencending attitudes in an attempt to belittle me. Or a bunch of childish remarks.

44 But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute
you,

Love your neighbor as yourself. So in everything, do to others as you would have them do to you.

Go ahead. Prove me wrong. Show me that those christians here on ATS aren't a bunch of hypocrits. Show me you have no problem following your God's word without the damn BS.

[edit on 30-3-2006 by Prot0n]

posted on Mar, 30 2006 @ 01:12 PM
link   
I cannot speak for God in this matter, but someone told me God loves homosexuals, He's just disgusted by what they do with each other.

(ducks and hides
)

posted on Mar, 30 2006 @ 01:15 PM
link   
You mean the same stuff heterosexuals do with each other? Heterosexuals have sodomy (anal and oral). Heterosexuals have sex outside marriage. Need I say more?

posted on Mar, 30 2006 @ 01:33 PM
link   
The only unforgiveable sin is not believing in God.

Whether you sharpie kittens to look like racoons.... steal bags of M&M's... rape your neighbours shetland pony or run with scissors.... all sins are equal. Nobody is qualified to pass judgement except for God.

Everyone who is passing judgement... take some time to reflect and consider your actions as they too will be under scrutiny at some point in the future... and believe me, you'll be in for a shock if you think it's YOUR duty to judge others.

posted on Mar, 30 2006 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by: Prot0n/Produkt
Go ahead. Prove me wrong. Show me that those christians here on ATS aren't a bunch of hypocrits. Show me you have no problem following your God's word without the damn BS.

I knew it would just be a matter of time...

Welcome back, Produkt!!

[edit on 30-3-2006 by mattison0922]

posted on Mar, 30 2006 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Heh.

Those who follow intelligent design and claim their god was the designer are the worst yet. You mock your God, claiming to be able to see how he did it. Claiming to figure out his awsome power of creation. You sit there and profess all this knowledge of IC or being able to see design here or there, only to what... have it knocked down. So you move onto the next problem, until that gets knocked down, then its on to the next. etc etc etc.

What happened to faith? You can't believe in your god without having to prove to yourself that he exist's through ID? True essence of hypocrit. Those of us who don't believe don't need your attempt's to prove he exist's. This isn't what faith is. Faith isn't a scientific method. So why attempt such a thing? Problem is, you don't have real faith. You need to look or else you wouldn't bother looking. Faith is an unquestioning belief, not a let's prove his existence to those heathen's.

If you have real faith in your god and real faith in his power of creation, then there should be no need to point around going OOO OOO see! right there, IC! You can't claim to know how HE alone did it. You can't claim to understand something that complex.

It's like all of a sudden, god's word in his bible isn't enough for you.

[edit on 30-3-2006 by Prot0n]

posted on Mar, 30 2006 @ 02:27 PM
link   

posted by Inanna: “I have never understood Christians were supposed to be understanding, loving people who hated no one? Is this something that has changed in the Bible over the years? You know one of the "edits" that have been made to make it more fitting to society? [Edited by Don W]

I’m serious. I’ve seen it speculated St. Paul’s “affliction” was homosexuality. I’m serious. Some people question just what was Jesus doing when he healed or restored a little boy and “encompassed” his body? Barbara Tucuman related n her excellent book on Alexander the Great, that he preferred to take a 7-8 year old boy with him on campaigns. I don’t even want to speculate why that was. Like so many things that upset us today, people long ago were more laid back.

posted on Mar, 30 2006 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Old trolls never die... they're just banned, repackaged, and leave the same heap of steaming dung in their wake; the username may lie, but the stench never does.

[edit on 30-3-2006 by mattison0922]

posted on Mar, 30 2006 @ 03:08 PM
link   
What I am understanding from the posted Biblical 'quotes'....is that it is JUST AS BAD to be a drunk, or to be greedy as to be homosexual.....

Why dont the Christians walk around carrying signs about booze and greed? Why is it that Bartenders are not strung up on fences and left to die?
Are they not the purveyers of the wicked drink?

Christians will say they can drink if they want, or be greedy if they want.....so WHY can't homosexuals be homo if they want???

WHAT IS the differance? I guess that is what I wanna know.....

Here is a quote by Emmett Fox:
"If you could ONLY love enough, you would be the most powerfull person in the world"

It is human beings that are worth love....not alcohol and the allmighty dollar.

GAY POWER

....................................just sayin

They are HUMAN BEINGS and deserving of ALL human rights.

[edit on 30-3-2006 by theRiverGoddess]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join