It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this real? is America this bad?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2006 @ 07:03 PM
link   
The one thing that I do know is that cops, by and large, are as crooked as they come. And if you think that there haven't been many lives wasted in prison or on Americas death row due to the lies of a belligerant or dishonest cop, you are wrong. Many innocent men thrown underneath the jail and forgotten all because they said the wrong thing, ticked off the wrong cop or happened to be the wrong color. It sucks, but it's true. The jails are full of innocent men. One man was recently released from a Virginia prison after serving eighteen years for a rape that he didn't commit. DNA evidence is a powerful tool, but the red tape is so thick that it takes years of appeals just to get anyone to even listen. You know what they gave him for spending the best years of his life rotting unjustly in prison? $100,000 and not even an apology. Is $100,000 worth eighteen years of your life? Some people make that in a year. Murderers like OJ and molesters like Michael Jackson walk because they have money and can hire good attorneys, while poor folk get railroaded at trial because they get stuck with some idiot public defender. So I guess nobody is above the law, unless you have enough money to buy your way out.

posted on Mar, 28 2006 @ 07:11 PM
link   

"she now faces a sentence of 66 years and 6 months".

Yeah I caught that too - I think something is fishy with that story too.

Yeah Legalizer, you are correct - the Federal Government DID declare Marshal Law in New Orleans. Sometime after the Levies broke they called in the National "Armed" Guard -> Shoot to Kill.
I don't think it was a co-incidence that those people who were left to Rot in the "Death Dome" (and so inevitably started rioting) were mostly Poor & Black.

For those who scoff at the possibility that the U.S. could become a Corporate backed Facist Dictatorship - I believe that it is possible - perhaps we are already well on the way.

[edit on 28-3-2006 by Seraphim_Serpente]

posted on Mar, 28 2006 @ 07:20 PM
link   
How did America get into this state? Was it kneecapped from the start?

posted on Mar, 28 2006 @ 07:24 PM
link   
I'd say you should appologize to that guy, and give him the salary that he missed for 18 years of his life, minimumally. But really you should make up for the damage to this guys life, well in excess of the minimum.

Troy

posted on Mar, 30 2006 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by MacDonagh
How did America get into this state? Was it kneecapped from the start?

Well i have been reading Dr Beter's work for a few months now and i do think he gets it right even if it does not delve anywhere as deep as we do on this site.

peterbeter.host.sk...

Stellar

top topics

<< 1   >>

join