It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A fly with glasses.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Scientists using special laser technology have crafted a pair of mini-spectacles (2 mm) and placed them on the head of a housefly.

This photograph is part of a science photo exhibit being held in Munich, Germany from March 20 to 25.

PinkTentacle.com
About half way down the page.

I thought this was a cool little piece of entertainment science.

It's very funny in my opinion.

Comments, Opinions?

posted on Mar, 28 2006 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Well, thats quite interesting. o_o

What possible scientific purpose can this serve? O_o;

posted on Mar, 28 2006 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Well, you know those fly's have increasingly bad eyesight in the modern age lol.

Seriously though, it does'nt have a scientific use, it's just one of thos ethings that scientists occasionally do, well just because they can do it.

posted on Mar, 28 2006 @ 01:56 AM
link   
as amusing as a fly wearing glasses is to me, it's still a bit annoying that these people felt the need to spend the time and money on something so relatively pointless and stupid. To think that's it's the taxpayers who funded this stuff most likely. They should've taken all that funding and donated it to the salvation army or something. I'm willing to bet that the money spent on that one tiny pair of glasses could've easily gotten a few hunded underpriveliged children a new look at life. Somewhat contradictory though, it would be cool to be the one getting paid to have so much fun tinkering around with stuff like that.

posted on Mar, 28 2006 @ 02:09 AM
link   
What do you call a fly with glasses?
Hey! One thousand and Four eyes!

What Scientists aren't allowed to have any fun?
Plus, who knows if they may have learned something etching out this tiny
pair of SPECKtacles.

It could also have been a proficiency test for a new user, or a calibration test, for the laser system.

top topics

join