It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spray-on clothes developed.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Fabrican, fabric in a can, is the creation of Manuel Torres, a post-graduate from the Royal College of Art. He has founded Fabrican Ltd. to serve different market sectors with this technology.

This temporary dress, consisting of a cloud of nonwoven cloth, is made by spraying a chemical formula directly onto the skin. Thousands of fibers splatter against your skin; the fibers bind together to create disposable apparel.

TechNovelgy.com

Well, it's an interesting invention.

I however would not use it, the thought of spray-on clothes, well I just would'nt be comfortable doing it.

Comments, Opinions?

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Hmm....thats interesting.

Seems a bit excessive though, dont you think? I mean, would you really need a clothing in a bottle?

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 09:09 PM
link   
It does seem to be rather form fitting.

I could only find one other picture of the product, and it was nipples too.
I'm not sure I'd want to spray-on a pair of pants.........

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 09:18 PM
link   
I don't get the point of this at all. Is it for if you get caught somewhere without clothes but happen to have your spray can with you?

What's to purpose?

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Honestly, I have no idea what use this will ever realy have.

I think this is one of those inventions that was made, just because they could make it.

[edit on 3/27/2006 by iori_komei]

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Given the shape of the average human being, I don't see it having that much appeal. And if the spray runs out at a critical moment or the nozzle gets jammed or if you can't ... quite... reach a spot or two and don't have a mirror..................

..........the fable of the Emperor's New Clothes comes to mind.

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Do those things stay on ? It looks like a bottle of water or a strong wind would rip them off. I think its not a good idea, but im sure all of the young girls will pick up on it. Also it dosnt look that warm, at least the model demonstrating dosnt look warm....hehe......

[edit on 27-3-2006 by imbalanced]

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Pretty cool.

I wonder how well it insulates?
Might be a good thing to have in a survival kit.
Insta-mittens!

Thinking more about it. You could spray yourself a tent.
What would you call that?
Gimme-Shelter, of course...
It's just a "shot" away!
It's just a "shot" away..

ok, I'm applying for their marketing dept...LOL

[edit on 27-3-2006 by spacedoubt]

apc

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Perhaps a modification could be made causing the cloth to be more in common with Kevlar. Spray-on armor.

Or thermally protective cloth. Spray-on fire suit.

Or temporally protective cloth. Spray it on, and time is gone!

Ok maybe not. But while there may not be a practical use for this base form, the variations to come may prove extremely beneficial.

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 09:42 PM
link   
What happens if you have an open cut, and the fibers get in when you spray? Is it now fused into your cut?

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Uh yeah, and if everyone looks like Pam Anderson, no problem, but like Byrd said, no thanks for most humans.

Rather than spray on fibers, what about latex body paint? If you apply it thick enough, you can almost go out in public. But again, most bodies look better with... er, support.

I like how he advertises it:

...characteristics to suit the needs of the fashion industry, or the automotive industry, or cleansing companies.

...way to cover the bases there, --basically anybody who needs a spray on rag. Pretty cool invention tho'. If applied to the right bodies, it could be a smashing success.

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Looking at the picture it reminded me of the scene in the movie "Fire in the Sky" where Travis is remembering the grays placing him on a table and covering him in the thin like matter leaving only one eye hole opening and his mouth...
creepy

top topics

join