It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homeland Security not that Secure!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Source CNN.com
www.cnn.com...
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Government investigators smuggled radioactive materials into U.S.
From David de Sola

CNN

Monday, March 27, 2006; Posted: 7:55 p.m. EST (00:55 GMT)

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Two teams of government investigators using fake documents were able to enter the United States with enough radioactive sources to make two dirty bombs, according to a federal report made available Monday.

The investigators purchased a "small quantity" of radioactive materials from a commercial source while posing as employees of a fictitious company and brought the materials into the United States through checkpoints on the northern and southern borders, according to a Government Accountability Office report prepared for Senate Permanent Subcommittee on Investigations Chairman Norm Coleman, a Minnesota Republican.

"It's just an indictment of the system that it's easier to get radiological material than it is to get cold medicine," said a senior subcommittee staffer about the findings.

The report, along with two others by the GAO on the subject of smuggling and detection of nuclear materials, were provided to reporters by congressional sources in advance of the first of two hearings by the subcommittee scheduled to begin Tuesday.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AHAHAHAHA!!!!!

It just goes to show you that the American Government does not care about the American Peoples saftey.

Enough material for TWO...count em TWO dirty bombs....not only that...its not like they tried to sneak across any of the unwatched areas....they went right through were all the security is SUPPOSED to be...and they werent even hassled.

I have lived on the AZ/MX border and have had friends and family who lived on the Candian Border. Especially in Canada there are regions miles wide that arent even fenced in....whole roads that are left unprotected, there are just signs saying to make sure to check in at such and such checkpoint...which may or may not even be on that same road.

On the Mexican Border....in many cases all that stands inbetween our two countries is a three line barb wire fence...sure it may stop cattle...but unless i missed something about the effectiveness of Barbed Wire I am sure that a terrorist or other enemy of the state could easily get around the complexities of Barbed Wire.

So...If....the current administration really does care about our saftey and security...how are they going to explain this.....Did the GAO who ran this experiment cheat...did they use methods that this ADministration is just not prepared for....i say HA!!!!...and Im calling BS....this administration does not care about any of us....it cares about its corporate assests and intrestes....as usual I conclude with...

RISE THE PROLETARIATE.....throw off the shakles of corporate america....take back your living rooms and homes....take back that which should never have been taken from you in the first place....take back your livelyhoods.

El senor pom pom rides again

Mod edit
Try to use the [ex]...[/ex] BB tags when using external material

[edit on 27-3-2006 by masqua]

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 07:54 PM
link   
This post is quite ironic today considering what I told another poster (about port scans stemming from a DoD IP), that of corporations and US Gov combined, the worst ranking in computer security is ........Homeland Security!

Don't you feel safe now?

NN

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Posted a thread about this in War on Terror as I didn't notice this one. Just curious why it is in Political Consipiracies and not the War on Terror? I can't see how this is not terror related.

posted on Mar, 28 2006 @ 01:10 AM
link   
It is and isnt related to terror...depends on what ascpect you wish to discuss...im looking not to discuss the implications...specifically in regards to terrorism...I am instead...interested in the ramifications and possible conspiracies in and around this issue.

It seems more and more likely that the US Gov...specifically the OLD MONEY that still runs our country is looking for a way to take away the bulk of our civil rights and still keep us amiemable(spelling?) to thier rule.

Fear is a terrific tool...IF....you can keep the fear real and present...

Fear can easily become anger...so...it has to be a LEGITAMATE fear.....

A commonly accepted concept in Political Science is that thier are three types of legitamacy that a government can have:

1.Actual(Meaning people want that particular gov)
2.Power (Totalitarian, Authortarian, Oligarchy)
3. Fear (Current US Gov)

So long answer short....this is not a Thread to rehash all the possible terrorist attacks....this is a thread to discuss (Assuming im not the only one interested) the POLITICS around how insecure Homland Security is.

Make sense.

El senor Pom Pom Rides again

[edit on 28-3-2006 by Elsenorpompom]

posted on Mar, 28 2006 @ 05:09 AM
link   
spinning the spin.......

look, homeland security is really quite effective, nothing gets by their noses, unless they want it to. they are all knowing, all seeing, and they have ears everywhere. so, ya see, they knew about these tests, and allowed the material through....

ya see, they've done such a good job protecting us this year, another "pat on the back" extravaganza is in order!! and well, those yachts from last year just ain't gonna make it again this year. they're looking more into a luxury cruise liner, accompanied by a week's stay in the bahamas in a nice classy resort. but, their budget!!! their budget is so small, what with hurricane katrina and all.......they need more money!!!

and failing this test will prompt the american public to cry out for more money, for better security....if they are lucky enough, well, there'll be enough, they can buy thier own private island in the south pacific for their gala!!!

new topics

top topics

join