It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does this make you an ALIEN??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 05:58 PM
link   
If there was a race of homo-sapiens like beings before the time of dinosaurs here on planet earth...would that make them aliens? And if so would that make dinosaurs aliens?

Has anybody heard of the recent theory by scientists that the earths water supply came from a frozen asteroid? if that’s true, wouldn’t it be possible that both humans and dinosaurs evolved from asteroids that landed here on earth? - That would make us both aliens right? i think that if some asteroids carry water- they can carry some form of life (bacteria) this could explain the sudden arrival of diseases like AIDS.

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 06:39 PM
link   
if that race of homo-sapiens are still around today we may see them as aliens,perhaps thay made the dino's

thay say the earth is like 80 or 90% water, that must have been one big rock, do you think the earth could servive a hit that big?..
not me. but who knows?

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I absolutely agree with the compact theory what is it called, something like celestial origin theory, I can not remember. Regarding why their are suddenly a new group of deadly disease I think you only need to blame us for that one, pushing back unexplored Rain Forests and Jungles is boud to let loose some nasty stuff.

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 06:58 PM
link   
90% of the SURFACE is water, doesnt mean ists made of 90% water, i think they would see us as the aliens because they where here first. which would make us aliens.

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 07:26 PM
link   
it may be so that are water came from asteroids but not just one.
your right, thay would see us as the aliens, if were not them.
if there was a race so old, and continued to evolve just think how advanced
thay must be today.

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 07:56 PM
link   
id say depending on how long they were there and how they were goverened, they might have been advanced enough to escape the earth before the next cataclysmic change (iceage, commet, magnetic reversal ect.) i think that humans originated from mars, we are the decendants.

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Actually alot of scientist are now thinking its possible a comet seeded the orginal life on earth that had just the right conditions for life. It would explain why life just pops out of nowhere on earth. This would have happened long after earth already had established oceans though.

In a sense we would be aliens if that was the case though we would likely be vastly different from the source of the orginal microbs after billions of years of seperate evolution.

Its highly unlikley that there was two different types of life seeded on earth. All evidence suggest all earth life forms stem from that orginal life on earth we are all too much alike.

Mammals and dinosaurs for example share a common ancestor that we can trace back if you go far enough back. Really all animals on earth with a back bone share the same common ancestor.

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 11:45 PM
link   
so what came first? the asteroid with water or the asteroid with life? or do you think they arived on the same? whats the chemicals needed for life? h2o+something+Electricity=something else...i used to know it. Theoreticaly you would need the water than heat than storms from the water which than generates electricity

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 11:45 PM
link   
so what came first? the asteroid with water or the asteroid with life? or do you think they arived on the same? whats the chemicals needed for life? h2o+something+Electricity=something else...i used to know it. Theoreticaly you would need the water than heat than storms from the water which than generates electricity

posted on Mar, 28 2006 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I wouldn't try to talk about life, water and impacting comets/asteroids in terms of singular or particular events.

The general hypothesis is that biological material may rain down on the earth, and that some of this adapts to survive on the earth. As either a lifeform from outerspace, or as a product of the deposited biological material.

Whether this occurs in a discrete event, or in a continuous spray that is occuring to this day, cannot really be discerned without some means of testing both the original hypothesis and its subsequent descendant hypotheses.

But with respect to your question, consider that archeobacteria can thrive in systems of extremely high temperature, with high levels of acidity. They can be found in hotsprings, but also in bits of rock buried deep beneath the surface, survigin largely on methane and sulphates. So perhaps life would not need a saline, relatively neutral, water environment of today's bodies of water to begin. Perhaps water is just needed in small quantities within rock.

In the end, though, my opinion is that we are just beginning to think about this issue, and have a long way to go before we could seriously answer the questions you propose. Despite the fact that they are great questions to which I would love to know the answer.

I guess the good news is that many professional scientists spend time contemplating these issues and continue to research them. Stay tuned to your archeobiology and exobiology journals.

[edit on 28-3-2006 by Ectoterrestrial]

[edit on 28-3-2006 by Ectoterrestrial]

new topics

top topics

join