It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Drug testing on your waste waters?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Will the fight on drugs will lead to your waste water in your community? Or another attempt to tamper with your privacy rights.

Is this illegal?

If government studies are a reliable guide, about 25,000 residents of Fairfax County -- 2.5 percent of its population -- have used coc aine in the past year. The same data from the National Survey on Drug Use and Health suggest that about 9,000 have partaken within the past 30 days.

washingtonpost.com

Will the government use the waste water in communities to find how many people in that community are using drugs?

Well last year it was a study done in Italy and they found in their waste water more residual coc aine from drug users that the national population surveys gave.

So in a pilot program the white house tested the waste waters from communities throughout the Potomac River Basin for the urinary byproducts of coc aine.

The cities in question where Fairfax City, Vienna and Fort Blevoir, the test results has not been released.

The people was not aware of the testing until after the testing.

How convinient

mod edit to shorten link

[edit on 27-3-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I'm sure by the point the wastewater is tested, there's no way to trace it back to the individual it came from, so I wouldn't be too worried.

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Yes you are right is not way to point to individuals, but. . . the fact that communities can be single out for drug use it kind of worry me.

In a worst situation don't you think that the government can influences the behavior of these communities found with highest residual drugs products and kind of coarse them into changing behavior?

Like offering insentives for the community or . . . deniying some.

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I do not feel we are at risk for persecution, yet this may be a sign of things to come.. i mean if the Government want to take control of such events whats stop them from monitering house by house?? This is only a sign of worse things to come.. can't DNA be recorded from urine etc and eventually be tracked down to the owner?? Good post!

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Thanks, that is a good point, actually they are after the urine found in the water so but the urine is mix with the urine of the entire people's community, so it will be hard to ping one particular source of DNA unless is technology good enough to do that.

But what they are after is the amount of residual drug found in the water.

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Nothing would surprise me.
I'd like that they worry more about the chemical residue and xenoestrogens in my waste water than coc aine.
Seems to me that coc aine will eventually break down in the water?

Or the PCBs that keep cropping up in canals off of Lake St Clair (MI)...and not being able to find a source (yeah, right)

new topics

top topics

join