It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DoD trying to portscan my PC...please help!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Norton internet security just informed me it blocked an intrusion attempt which is something that only happens to me about twice a month on average. Being curious I clicked the option to get more details and it said it was a portscan attempt on port 1031, protocol=UDP and the attacking IP was 7.12.12.16.

I did a WHOIS search for that IP and it came back as the Department of Defense network information center, more specifically Defense Information Systems Agency. I have noticed recently that my IP blocker peer guardian sometimes blocks an entry labelled DoD Network Information Center too.

I was wondering if this has happend to anyone else? Should I be worried? Why would this happen when I'm not doing anything even remotely illegal?

Any further information or advice would be greatly appreciated.

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I wouldn't put a lot of faith in peerguardian. There seems to be a lot of mislabled IP's reported with it.

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 07:36 PM
link   
The IP address may very well be spoofed. Means it's coming from anywhere BUT where you see it is.

Hell, a good hacker can make it seem to you that God himself is scanning your computer!! lol

It may also be a comprimised machine truly in the DOD. The gov agencies are WELL known for having the worst PC security. The worst failing grade at that was ....... ready? .......... Homeland Security! Don't you feel safe?

NN

posted on Apr, 11 2006 @ 11:48 AM
link   
try using snort ..it is an IDE

u can use and make your own policies

top topics

join