It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Celestine Prophecy

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 04:23 AM
link   
This book was what kind of got mme into the alternative thinking. The movie was complete rubbish though.

I have read the first and second of the series, but I am reluctant to read the third, as my wife said it was rubbish.

Glad others have enjoyed it as I have.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   
I absolutely was taken back by the book and have recommended it to many friends. We see it every day the way we feed off of each others energy. Have you ever went out with a group of people and you weren't as stoked as everyone else but, then some way another began to be drawled in unconsciously by there energy and before you know it you too, are excited. I see it happen with my children every day. How about intuition come on, who hasn't ever experienced a gut feeling? Many yes, and how many of you ever went with it? I guess I'm just one of the few who truly believes that every thing does happen for a reason. I think James Redfield, just put these feelings and emotions into a way of realizing our energy and learning to control it. As far as the Tenth... haven't ever finished it. But I think now I just might I've always wondered if this awakening, this holding the vision will give us any insight to what may have happened with the Mayans.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by operatoreleven

I read it a quite a few years ago - both books - I liked them very much - I also liked "Conversations with God" - both books too.

The books make you think about things.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I first listened to the book on audio tape when I was 17. You could say my life has been shaped by it.

The insight to energy exchange is very enlightening and even more so is the emphasis they put on PAYING ATTENTION. The more attention one gives a person the more empowered they feel.

This is truth.

Attention = Energy.

And the control dramas = Energy Addiction.

As a person with a large attention span I have seen how folks have been willing to capitalize on my ability to listen and pay attention... For my part I just try to be attentive and remember the light of God.

I have always been mindful of the coincidences. Open to what comes my way.

Holding on to the Vision or the Tenth insight is also good but I have not been able to get out of it what I got out of the original ... and I have not read the 11th insight. Redfield may of wanted to continue to capitolize on a cash cow and thats ok too in my book... For the ideas taught to me through the Celestine Prophecy are invaluable.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I read it years ago.
To start with I was not overly impressed, mainly because of the writing style. I am not a good word smith but I appreciate the skill from others. I really enjoyed the content and the philosophy behind the words but was struggling to get through the book.

Then one day when I was about 3/4's of the way through the book, something happened that overcame any negativity I had towards the book. It may seem insignificant to others but the thrill and electricity that charged through my body and mind was amazing.
I was queuing in a book shop, in quite a long queue so did the usual and had a nosey at the rest of the people and their purchases to see if they matched.

The woman in front of me was buying the 2nd book. I caught her attention and then asked what she thought of the first book. Obviously puzzled she said she had been recommended the book by her friend in Canada and thought that the book she was buying was the first one.
I kept her place when she ran off to get the correct book and she then thanked me, paid for her book and left.

Not a huge significant event but I felt charged and really alive.

I kinda smiled to myself and just thought “that’s the real beginning of me noticing coincidences and using them to enhance my life”

Still smiling 

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by MessedUpAnnie

I did like you and read them both but the other way round, that must be 18yrs ago now. Way before the "www" era, and when the new age was really the teen age, as the 60's era of love was the real "new age."
All those ages I digress.
More to the point I wouldn't mind betting that the majority of members here aeound the age of 35 plus began on a course of new age books before they reached here.
I still look watch out for energy vampires.
Peace.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 07:17 PM
link   
wow. this is an old thread. anyway, this book, along with a few other things led me on this journey. it opened my eyes a little more. I would consider it a life changing book, even though its fiction. It's one I recommend to many sheeple, and I have several copies to lend out.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Although the Celestine series is a bit commercial, it is well intended. Remember, it is a step for some. It was in fact a step for me, just like the Power of Now and some other publishings except for The Secret (spiritual western narcissism at it's finest). I look back on all of that reading and application and I still fall back to the first book of my personal awakening and that is Zen Mind, Beginner's Mind. I am also an avid Integral Practitioner (Ken Wilber) and try to see that Everyone' Right mindset as much as I can. And so with the Celestine series it is a step, I haven't negated it so much as in true holarchical fashion, have transcended and included it into the nesting holon experience in a vehicle named Erik. However, now that I have grown past the need per se of the Celestine series, I can now see with clarity that the series is very Transpersonal Fallacy oriented and very narcissistic. More self than Self. Lot's of duality and very little singularity. More exteriority little interiority.

Just remember, the abilities outlined in those books are just simply that; abilities. They have a beginning and will most certainly will have an end. Enjoy it but don't attach to the experience as some kind of permanence. That doesn't exist. The only permanence there is is YOU as the Pure, Unmoving, Unborn, Uncreated Witness and All that is incessantly rising and falling before It's awareness. That and only That is Who, What, Where and When YOU are!!!

That's my $.02 worth such as it is. Somebody else will always experience things quite differently thus enriching the overall experience of the whole.

In Lovingkindness

=)Namaste

Erik

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   
I have read all 3 books. The first one when I was 17. Although I was already deep into alternative/paranormal pace long before that, this book was magical. I dont know about you guys, but strange things started to happen during the period I read it.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 08:40 AM
link   
I loved the first one. I wasn't too keen on The Tenth insight, Experiential Guide or Celestine Vision or the other ones after that except The Secret of Shambhala which i thought was great. if you liked The Celestine Prophecy you may like The Way of the Peaceful Warrior by Dan Milman I think this book is inspiring and really good!!!

ps

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   
For those of you who loved the Celestine Prophecy books and their spiritual insights, the movie is not too bad. I saw it long ago and would recommend it. Here is part 1 on YouTube.

Continued in part 2:
www.youtube.com...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join