It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OOBE what the hell is the rumble sound ??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I have had only one good OOBE in my life but the part I remember the most is the noise I heard during it.

It was a loud, low rumble like an earthquake. And it seemed to me that the OOBE occured after the noise started.

has anyone else heard this during a OOBE ??

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 04:21 PM
link   
I've had a number of OOBE (almost all of them within a narrow 3-4yr period quite awhile ago). The only noise I can recall is a low humming sound. And also the distinct feeling of wind against my body.

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Most of the time I just astrally sit up and slip out with no vibrations but I have had them before but it was morel ike someone was holding a fan near my feet and slowly moving up and down my body.

Im not sure what could cause the vibrations only that its something to do with your energys. I dont know much more...

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Some people have them, some don't. I had those vibrations at my first OOBE's. Very violent and intense, but later on they weren't so intense anymore.

Check this out:

Heavy exit sensations

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 06:31 PM
link   
I have had a theory on the rumbling sounds....
When I'm in an OOBE I can hear what's going on around me, but since my body isn't asleep my ears are still sending sounds to my brain.
I think the rumbling sound is your consciousness twittering back and forth between the two signals. After I'm "out" for a bit then the rumbling stops.
I'm not really concerned what the rumble is, but that's my theory.

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 06:37 PM
link   
My OOBE's are always followed after the rumble sound starts. For me, the rumble WHOOSHING sound is telling me to expect to go OOBE......the sound comes and goes in waves, like vroooom, vroooom, vrooom, and as I relax into the sound I end up outside of myself.

In reading about OOBE I have learned differant people experiance this differantly and call it differant things.......one person calls it the vibrational stage, another calls it the deep heartbeat of the universe.......I call it the WHOOSHING noise and describe it as the rumbleing sound of the wind in my ears if I stick my head out of a car going 80 mph................

Some people have OOBE without this sound at all.....I had one once where there was no sound, but only one out of like 300 times.....more often this sound comes when my soul is about to seperate.
The sound can be so frightening it may scare you out of this state and stop the OOBE process from continuing. If you DO WANT the OOBE you need to just let the sound engulf you, and relax into it......it IS the doorway out of your body.

posted on Mar, 28 2006 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by theRiverGoddess
My OOBE's are always followed after the rumble sound starts. For me, the rumble WHOOSHING sound is telling me to expect to go OOBE......the sound comes and goes in waves, like vroooom, vroooom, vrooom, and as I relax into the sound I end up outside of myself.

In reading about OOBE I have learned differant people experiance this differantly and call it differant things.......one person calls it the vibrational stage, another calls it the deep heartbeat of the universe.......I call it the WHOOSHING noise and describe it as the rumbleing sound of the wind in my ears if I stick my head out of a car going 80 mph................

Some people have OOBE without this sound at all.....I had one once where there was no sound, but only one out of like 300 times.....more often this sound comes when my soul is about to seperate.
The sound can be so frightening it may scare you out of this state and stop the OOBE process from continuing. If you DO WANT the OOBE you need to just let the sound engulf you, and relax into it......it IS the doorway out of your body.

I had this wind 'whooshing' noise when I woke up in my sleep around mid-february during the day. I was completely paralysed and could barely see anything. My eyes were already open oh so slightly so i could just about see my shelf in front of me. It was a very loud sound that started from nothing to a VERY loud wind whooshing sound. I had never experienced this before in my life and was not well educated in oobe's until I joined these forums around week ago.
When I heard the noise I felt very strange; I have never felt that way before. It was like something was meddling with me in a way i still cant properly describe. I had no control over myself at all. I will say this; I did NOT like how I felt. At first I thought I still might be dreaming but I was very sure that this was not the case as I genuinely felt that I was being controlled by some unknown force. I think the reason why I didn’t experience an obe is because I was willing myself to consciousness and just wanted this ‘thing’ to go away.

Now after reading about all your experiences im beginning to thing i was having an obe. Im ready now if it ever happens again (which i sure hope it does!)

posted on Mar, 28 2006 @ 05:44 AM
link   
The only thing I hear before I "take off" is the sound of thousands of birds squarking...

Could be whooshing...but all I can relate it to is birds...the winged type that is

Cheers

JS

new topics

top topics

join