It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Movies I'm Glad I Avoided Because of the Crappy Trailers Alone

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Fantastic Four - Looked much less than fantastic.
The Pink Panther with Steve Martin - Steve, please die so we'll remember you for great comedy not crap like this.
Brokeback Mountain - No thank you.
Failure to Launch - I must have been absent when they hypnotized everybody into thinking Sarah Jessica Parker is good-looking.
Firewall - Harrison, take your Vioxx
Munich - Another Spielberg film about Jews? My dreams have come true!
I Walk the Line - I'm not walking any movie line to see this one. Enough of Reese Witherspoon already.

And don't try to pawn any National Geographic specials off on me as if they were feature motion pictures! Damn you and your penguins and sled dogs!

Gosh, I guess I hate everything!

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Enkidu
Fantastic Four - Looked much less than fantastic.
The Pink Panther with Steve Martin - Steve, please die so we'll remember you for great comedy not crap like this.
Brokeback Mountain - No thank you.
Failure to Launch - I must have been absent when they hypnotized everybody into thinking Sarah Jessica Parker is good-looking.
Firewall - Harrison, take your Vioxx
Munich - Another Spielberg film about Jews? My dreams have come true!
I Walk the Line - I'm not walking any movie line to see this one. Enough of Reese Witherspoon already.

And don't try to pawn any National Geographic specials off on me as if they were feature motion pictures! Damn you and your penguins and sled dogs!

Gosh, I guess I hate everything!

Alright, lets bash the movies before even watching them? How can you say how happy you are for avoiding them, if you have not seen them?

Munich was a great movie, Walk the Line was probably one of the best movies to come out in recent years. Amazing portrayal of the life of Cash.

How about watching a movie before you sit here bad mouthing everything.

:shk:

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Enkidu

Well, we can definitely agree on this one. Honestly.................I'd have to be drunk!

Her co-star in that movie, Matthew McCaughnehy (sp?
), is starting to piss me off too. The guy really is a good actor and I would love to see him do more action/thriller/drama movies instead of these tired chick flicks all the time.

Peace

[edit on 27-3-2006 by Dr Love]

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by chissler

Alright, lets bash the movies before even watching them? How can you say how happy you are for avoiding them, if you have not seen them?

Munich was a great movie, Walk the Line was probably one of the best movies to come out in recent years. Amazing portrayal of the life of Cash.

How about watching a movie before you sit here bad mouthing everything.

:shk:

Are you saying that I can't judge a book by its cover? Of course I can! Out of the movies I named, you can only say two were any good? I guess my batting average is pretty good, then, huh? You've just gone and proved my point.

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 02:10 PM
link   
My purpose was not to take away from your point. I agree with you on most of them.

I just don't think its right to judge certain movies by the trailer. Some dumb movies can be grouped into this category.

This Sarah Jessica Parker movie does look ridiculous, and I would never see it. But its not because of the trailer, its because the movie is just a waste of time.

Walk the Line was an amazing movie, the trailer was done very well and had me chomping at the bit to watch it.

I would just like to know what it was about these invidividual movies that made you not want to see them so bad. Posting an ignorant comment about how stupid they are without backing why is why I posted the comments.

Inform me of what was so terrible.

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by chissler
This Sarah Jessica Parker movie does look ridiculous, and I would never see it. But its not because of the trailer, its because the movie is just a waste of time.

How do you know "Failure to Launch" would be a waste of time? It might be great. A heartwarming, fulfilling exploration of mating and dating in these crazy times. That's what I think it is. A wonderful romantic comedy illuminating human foibles.

Foibles, I say!

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 02:18 PM
link   
You still have not explained why Walk the Line is so terrible because of the trailer.

Which was the main point of my first post. I know exactly what your getting at and I agree with you, I say again.. What was it about Walk the Line that made is so terrible and made you

top topics

join