It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Holy Schmidt the Bed, Fred!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Dude, man, watch this video of a Formula 1 driver zipping through the streets of Paris. Filmed in 1978, this 9-minute thrill ride earned the producer a trip to the slammer after its premiere:

Rendezvous

On an August morning in 1978, French filmmaker Claude Lelouch mounted a gyro-stabilized camera to the bumper of a Ferrari 275 GTB and had a friend, a professional Formula 1 racer, drive at breakneck speed through the heart of Paris. The film was limited for technical reasons to 10 minutes; the course was from Porte Dauphine, through the Louvre, to the Basilica of Sacre Coeur.

No streets were closed, for Lelouch was unable to obtain a permit.

The driver completed the course in about 9 minutes, reaching nearly 140 MPH in some stretches. The footage reveals him running real red lights, nearly hitting real pedestrians, and driving the wrong way up real one-way streets.

Upon showing the film in public for the first time, Lelouch was arrested. He has never revealed the identity of the driver, and the film went underground until a DVD release a few years ago.

This was just a little too fast for me.

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 01:35 PM
link   
In-SANE!

I wonder how long the trip would normally take. Any idea?

That's just crazy!

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
In-SANE!

I wonder how long the trip would normally take. Any idea?

That's just crazy!

I have no idea what the normal travel time is on this route. Any Parisians here who can give us an idea?

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 04:29 PM
link   
That was like Need For Speed... But... Uh... Real...

I would NOT have wanted to be this woman (among the many)

new topics

top topics

join