It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Developing:Moussaoui says he and shoe bomber were to hijack 5th plane into White House

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 11:57 AM
link   
www.drudgereport.com...

This story was just posted as a headline in the Drudge Report. It is developing so there there is no other info at this time. Its just in red at the top of the page. Im just passing along info.

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 12:25 PM
link   

ALEXANDRIA, Virginia (CNN) -- Al Qaeda conspirator Zacarias Moussaoui testified at his sentencing trial Monday that he knew about the terrorist group's plan to crash airplanes into the World Trade Center.
"I had knowledge that the two towers would be hit, but I did not have the details," Moussaoui told jurors after taking the stand in his own defense.

Well i guess there went the idea of remote controlled planes or fake hijackers. Anyone with a new theory now?

(Mod edit- to put external quotes in)

[edit on 27-3-2006 by asala]

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Doesn't squelch the remote controlled plane theory. They could have been pansies set up to "highjack" only to be killed themselves.

The real question is.....was he ready and willing to committ suicide ala slamming a jet into the Whitehouse? Did he know that he was supossed to kill himself by this method? If he is so bent on becoming a martyr...then why doesn't he kill himself?

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 01:03 PM
link   
well this seems to be big news,The trial is ongoing at the sec and seems we aregetting an incite in to this

skynews

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Griff
Doesn't squelch the remote controlled plane theory. They could have been pansies set up to "highjack" only to be killed themselves.

The real question is.....was he ready and willing to committ suicide ala slamming a jet into the Whitehouse? Did he know that he was supossed to kill himself by this method? If he is so bent on becoming a martyr...then why doesn't he kill himself?

Because the point of being a martyr is to kill as many people as he can, along with himself. If he just wanted to commit suicide then that's one thing, but he's trying to kill as many other people as he can too. That's the point of martyrdom.

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I always thought the point of martyrdom was to die for your religion. Not how many people you can take out with you. Maybe I'm mistaken?

Does that mean that every murder/suicide is a martyr?

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 01:36 PM
link   
What i find more interesting, during the trial, is this

Just before he took the stand, the court heard testimony that two months before the attacks, a CIA deputy chief waited in vain for permission to tell the FBI about a “very high interest” al-Qaida operative who became one of the hijackers.

The official, a senior figure in the CIA’s Osama bin Laden unit, said he sought authorization on July 13, 2001, to send information to the FBI but got no response for 10 days, then asked again.

As it turned out, the information on Khalid al-Mihdhar did not reach the FBI until late August. At the time, CIA officers needed permission from a special unit before passing certain intelligence on to the FBI.

The official was identified only as John. His written testimony was read into the record.

“John’s” testimony was part of the defense’s case that federal authorities missed multiple opportunities to catch hijackers and perhaps thwart the 9/11 plot.

His testimony included an e-mail sent by FBI supervisor Michael Maltbie discussing Moussaoui but playing down his terrorist connections. Maltbie’s e-mail said “there’s no indication that (Moussaoui) had plans for any nefarious activity.”

He sent that e-mail to the CIA even after receiving a lengthy memo from the FBI agent who arrested Moussaoui and suspected him of being a terrorist with plans to hijack aircraft

www.msnbc.msn.com...

The argument for the prosecution to get the death penalty, is that if moussaoui had informed the governenment about the attacks when he was captured in august, they would have been able to prevent them.

Now we see that both the CIA and FBI are pointing fingers at each other, saying that they knew of credible threats, but it was both of their faults that the information wasn't taken seriously and wasn't followed up on.

"The official, a senior figure in the CIA’s Osama bin Laden unit, said he sought authorization on July 13, 2001, to send information to the FBI but got no response for 10 days, then asked again. As it turned out, the information on Khalid al-Mihdhar did not reach the FBI until late August. At the time, CIA officers needed permission from a special unit before passing certain intelligence on to the FBI. "

Sounds odd to me. You're telling me that if you have credible information on a terrorist organization, and you submit it for approval, you don't get a response? Sounds like somebody intentionally ignored this information, and if so, WHY?

Also, the information was initially sent for aproval etc around july 13th, but didn't get to the fbi until late august. WHY? Information of that calibre should not take over a month to process.

Also, if it was a major crime for moussaoui to withold evidence which could have prevented the attacks...
THEN WHY AREN'T THE PEOPLE WHO WERE INVOLVED IN THE MISHANDLING OF PRE 9/11 TERRORIST INTELLIGENCE ARRESTED AND PUT ON TRIAL AS WELL? After all, if the evidence wasn't mishandled, just like Moussaoui's case, 9/11 could have been prevented.

------------------------------------------
mod Edit,- , New Site Tag For Quoting External Sources
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 27-3-2006 by asala]

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Griff
I always thought the point of martyrdom was to die for your religion. Not how many people you can take out with you. Maybe I'm mistaken?

Does that mean that every murder/suicide is a martyr?

Extremists have corrupted the meaning of the word. The more people they kill the bigger the martyr they are.

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 01:49 PM
link   
That makes sense Zaphod.

Did he know that he was supossed to be a martyr? I thought when the first OBL video came out, they were laughing saying that the guys who highjacked the planes didn't know they were to die until the very last minute? Did I dream this?...that's a serious question.

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 01:55 PM
link   
He's lying. He's just making up a lot of nonsense to keep the terror game going and to hide his own incompetence. What a joke.

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Zach has sunk his reputation totally... there is nothing he says that i would beleive without other proof...

Now we have a claim to a connection with the shoe bomber, who was a moron in comparrison with the other creators of 9-11 (regardless of version believed)
I think he was a wannabe, at worst...
Zach on the other hand, is wierd all the way around...
and that he used Nick Bergs laptop to send e-mail is just another wierdness...

The world is simply too big for these kind of coincidences...

There is also some speculation that Zach was actually a drug smuggler being trained to fly smuggling planes, but got caught, and made a deal... (what deal? well, be careful of Rabbit Holes)

[edit on 27-3-2006 by LazarusTheLong]

join