It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reverse Counterintelligence

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2003 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Now this is the beginning of putting the government back in check where they belong. Obviously, the checks and balances set up at the start aren't working anymore. We need some actual civilian intelligence coupled with technology. What do you all think of this?

----
Just like TIA, the new website, called Government Information Awareness (GIA), is designed to collect snippets of information to build a database that can later be searched to reveal patterns of suspicious behaviour.

A website to be launched later in 2003 will allow people to post information about the activities of government organisations, officials and the judiciary.

www.newscientist.com...

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by uIVIa
We need some actual civilian intelligence coupled with technology. What do you all think of this?

I'm all for it, and feel the group should be non profit volunteers. The group/s should be among those organizations like neighborhood watch but more discreet.

CIFA Comes to mind, but they don't count as they are paid professionals, not really civilians acting on the peoples interest and priorities. Not saying those people are not acting in our better interests, just that corruption from above is inevitable.

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 03:41 AM
link   
There is an error in the date of the post or it's an old post you found ADVISOR ?

posted on 10-10-2003 at 21:39

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 03:52 AM
link   
In addition to this older post I further contribute the following;

"The perceived need for a Department of Defense (DoD) Intelligence Oversight (IO) program came about as a result of certain activities conducted by DoD intelligence and counter-intelligence units against U.S. persons involved in the Civil Rights and anti-Vietnam War movements."

"Over time, this collection mushroomed and led to abuse of the Constitutional rights of our citizens."

That my friends is from Uncle Sam him self. Source is;
Intelligence Oversight

Perhaps when the people open their eyes, they will begin to see. How ever the light may still hurt the eyes, so don't open them too fast.

p.s.
See also www.dss.mil...

[edit on 23-9-2004 by ADVISOR]

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 08:15 AM
link   
This is the concept I've been trying to promote for the longest time!

Reverse Counterintelligence is what I call Counter-Ignorance! How ever in my efforts to try to promote this general Idea, I have found that it is much more challanging then I thought. Counterinellegences and security services have a lot of different tools at their disposal. Here is a list of some of the big ones:

Legal Athority: They can use laws to withhold informaion from people. (It's illeagl to access classified info without security clearance. But there are no laws against classifying anything, they can (in theory) classifiy the addess of a PO Box if they want to.

Secracy: You can't ask for something you don't know about. Also many things are so well hidden, tha we have no proof that would stand up in court that what we're looking for is real. As the saying goes: "the question isn't 'Is it true?' but, 'Can you Prove It?"

Disinformation: They put a lot of false information out to confuse people. They have even created Fake secrets, and then leaked them to the press to mislead peole.

Bottom Line: Revese Counterintelligence is a noble ideal, but It's much tougher to achieve then you think. We are trying!

Tim
ATS Director of Counter-Ignorance

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 08:56 AM
link   
I would love to see something of this nature come to fruition, the bastards use our tax money to place camers on street corners and public places, how about cameras placed in the political offices and meeting places? The only problem I see with a private watch dog like this, is the inevitable infiltration of such a group by either government agents or coporate spies.

top topics

join