It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did aliens implant religious beliefs?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 10:15 AM
link   
I've read a few different times (can't remember where) that we are an experiment. Many alien races are amazed by our free will, our individuality, and our lack to see limits. My guess would be because they all seem to be "Hive" like in there structured society. So, with us being an experiment, I've read that aliens have implanted religion in our society to keep us from killing each other. Now it would seem logical that if you have a planet full of beings capable of savage destruction, you would want to limit their destruction of one another, if you wish to continue observing them. Give them something to believe in. "If you live your life in peace and harmony, you will be rewarded in the afterlife."

The Virgin Mary? Artificial insemination. (spelling?) I've read that somewhere too. doesn't sound too far fetched what with all the storys of cross breeding with aliens now days. And we all know that artificial insemination is a reality.

I'm thinking this makes more sence to me than anything else. I've never been a very religious person, (although I DO believe in a creator. Afterall, we ARE here.) and this theory kinda helps explain why. (for me anyways)

I know religion is a very touchy subject and everyone has their own beliefs and views. I'm not trying to push anything on anybody and I don't want anyone to knock me for believing this theory. I just want to know if anyone else has heard anything about this before, and if anyone thinks it may be part of the humans "BIG PICTURE"

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrChipps
So, with us being an experiment, I've read that aliens have implanted religion in our society to keep us from killing each other.

So religious groups such as al-Quaida and the IRA are all fuelled by religion.. infact i think religion may have a major influence on a future war. The holocaust was for the good of the world? Surely if aliens implanted these views they would make everyone think exactly the same and not give different accounts of a God(s)??

Conflicting views often leads to conflict as people believe they are right and because most believe that when they die they will go to this 'utopia' in the sky many won't even consider going to 'hell' and will fight and/or kill in the name of their religion?

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 10:34 AM
link   
They can't make everyone think the same. Our FREE WILL is what makes us human. That's one of the reasons they are fascinated by us. They certainly wouldn't want to remove the most amazing part of the experiment.

The implanted religion is just to slow down our destruction.

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 10:45 AM
link   
And what exactly would they gain from this 'experiment'? popcorn and a good show?

I do and don't believe in free will.. after all we are also similar to 'their' hierarchys.. i mean we have a class system although it 'isn't' in use nowadays. Workers who go to work day in day out in the same routines.. what chocie and freewill do we have there? Not go to work and lose standrds of living? We are all bound to a bigger hierarchy of work, sleep, work, sleep etc.

As for the religion aspect i do not feel they would implant such ideas within a society.. i can stil not apprehend how a belief in an afterlife will make us any more free.. surely not believeing in a God will have a bigger impact on free will as more people may lead their lives to the full??

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 12:33 PM
link   
You're set in your ways and useless to talk too. If you don't WANT to go to work, you don't HAVE to. That is your FREE WILL to choose to go to work. Why aren't you understanding this? As a human, you can do whatever you want. If you want to go to work...do it. If you want to kill someone....do it. If you want to believe in a god....do it. If you want to sound ignorant....do it. You can do what ever you want....THAT'S FREE WILL.

There are consiquences for your choices.....If you chose to kill someone you will most likely be caught and placed in prison. But you can do it if you WANT to.

What do you mean you don't know if you believe in FREE WILL or not? Sorry but you sound very ignorant saying that. You make choices with free will EVERY DAY!

besides, this thread isn't about free will, it's about the implanted religion question. Don't change the subject. make your own post if you want to argue about that.

[edit on 27-3-2006 by MrChipps]

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Why because im looking and analysing things you are saying?? If i seem abit arrogant towards your views then i apologise.

I do believe a possible alien influence on religion could have originated from early UFO's.. I feel it is very hard explaining such images as the oil paintings found in caves in Africa (and Austrailia if i remember right?)

Take a look at netscienta

Good site.. may show some light on your work?

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 01:01 PM
link   
The best thing the aliens could have done is to give one language and one religion. We have neither. Seems to me that we are the product of some poor design choices by our creators/developers. Also on the subject of free will - to survive we need to be part of 'the system', so we only have limited options. Also in very large parts of our world there are many very poor people who cannot exercise their free will.

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Sagas and myths often evolve via a chinese whisper style format.. what if our ancestors saw these aliens.. the aliens gave them religion and as mankind develops each generation got told different versions of the same story?

Perhaps in an odd way Jesus was an alien? Many people may laugh but it was as if he came from the stars, the 3 kings followed a star in the sky after all.. you try following a star and finding a particular spot underneath.. it must be quite hard unless hte actuall 'star' was low down and actually moved.. ufo?? who knows??

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 02:28 PM
link   
First of all FOOFOO, don't sound stupid. ANYONE.....I repeat ANYONE, whether they're from a poor country, a rich country, or an island in the middle of nowhere......hell, someone with a gun to their head can STILL EXERCISE FREE WILL. God damn, why can't people understand the concept of free will? I now know another person who will not advance when the time comes.

second.....Knight, I like the thought that Jesus could have been an alien. If the implanted religion story is true, then I suppose he could have been. After all, a human artificially inseminated by an alien race would produce an alien offspring, correct? Or maybe the sperm used was human, and they just used artificial insemination to amaze the people of that time, because back then everyone knew "how can a woman be pregnant if she's never had sex?" Or aliens could have placed thoughts in jesus's head to spread the teachings he did. Who knows?

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 02:45 PM
link   
MrChipps, sorry, just trying to add my view that degrees of freedom do vary - but I agree the ability to exercise free will is only limited to ones ability to conceive what you can do..which..no I wont otherwise I will get shot down again!

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Matthew Alper was on Art bell discussing his book on the God part of the brain and he made lots of sense.
Here is a good site that seems to make a valid argument.

www.pivot.net...

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I would tend to think that Ebe's implanting a religion on Humans would be a VERY BAD thing to do.

looking at it from the Ebe point of view...It would be like breaking the Prime Directive (I.E. Star Trek)

forcing a religion on a primitive species would be counter-productive to any agenda the Ebe's had.

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 04:42 PM
link   
No one said it was FORCED. Where did you get that the EBE's were FORCING a religion upon us?

GOODBYE ATS!! I'm going to get some sleep!

Mod edit: Removed meanness.

[edit on 3/27/06/27 by junglejake]

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Goodbye, MrChipps

Originally posted by MrChipps
GOODBYE ATS!! I'm going to get some sleep!

Sleep is good, but I hope that doesn't mean you won't be back.

The discussions can be a bit frustrating at times, but for the same reasons, they can also be quite stimulating.

Remember that every member deserves respect, including you, but that's a two-way street.

This is only one thread among two million* of them.

It would be tragic to miss out on so much over some minor misunderstandings.

Relax! It's only ATS.

*Edit: Um, not two million threads, two million posts. But still.

[edit on 3/27/2006 by Majic]

top topics

join