It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Immigration Laws Are Also Important To The "War On Terrorism"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 08:36 AM
link   
I have heard much discussion here and elsewhere about the new proposed immigration laws. Look, it's not about being "racist" or about our jobs or anything other than this:

Most Americans, I certainly do, want to know how it is that there is a "War on Terrorism", yet our borders remain wide open for anyone who wishes to cross. Not only the Texas-Mexican border but the Canadian border remains relatively unprotected. How can this still be the case given the circumstances the world is in?

You liberals want to turn this into a racial issue.It's not,nor has it ever been. It is strictly a matter of national security and I for one am very disappointed in a REPUBLICAN President who doesn't seem to want to do what is necessary to protect our borders.

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 09:00 AM
link   

www.sun-sentinel.com...

Mexico promises to help stop illegal immigration

By Hugh Dellios
Chicago Tribune
Posted March 27 2006

MEXICO CITY ยท As the U.S. Senate focuses this week on the issue of illegal immigration, Mexico has launched a campaign to convince Americans that it will do more to stop the flow of undocumented workers into the United States and prevent violence along the border.

U.S. officials have praised the Mexican overtures, which include the adoption and publishing of a new immigration policy that calls for creation of economic and housing programs that would lure Mexican workers back home and an accord to better cooperate with U.S. officials on quickly responding to border crime.

If you don't think this is a serious issue,look at the strained relations that it is bringing upon Mexico and the U.S.

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 09:28 AM
link   
funny how in the govts 'war on terror', they are ,argueably,putting more and more restrictions on legal Americans...... while....phoenix.bizjournals.com... .html www.governor.state.nm.us...
( as a side note this story..at the time of my search, was taken off the CNN website...just a blank page)

but other states basicaly condone illegal immigration...
www.alipac.us...
what is the message the govt is sending????

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Living in Texas....I know the problems illegal immigration causes first hand. There are many people in northern and central states who do not appreciate nor understand the damage illegal immigration is causing. I have a feeling that by the time they figure it out,it's going to bite us in the proverbial butt,clearmind.

[edit on 27-3-2006 by SpeakerofTruth]

new topics

top topics

join