It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Troops accused of mosque massacre

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 08:52 PM
link   
After all, why do they need him when they have Sistani....

Unlike the US puppet, Sadr is the only one who has said the people behind the secterian violence are actually the americans.

Sadr is the only one who wants to unite the sunni's and the shia against the americans.

For now i have faith that the mehdi army will fight again.

. And anyways we have known that most of the police are Shiite, and since the Interior Ministry is controlled by Shiites,

The interior ministry are run by the badr brigades, the death squads that the US are funding, different to the puppet police who have sympathies with the resistance.. But both of these groups are controlled by america.

So if the Sunni's hate you, and you now admit the shia's hate you.

What is it you are doing in iraq?

posted on Mar, 28 2006 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Guardian

Senior ministers from the three main Shia factions united yesterday to denounce an American raid on a Baghdad mosque complex in which at least 20 people died, opening the biggest rift between the US and Iraq's majority Shia community since the toppling of Saddam Hussein.

Baghdad's governor, Hussein Tahan, a member of the rival Supreme Council for the Islamic Revolution of Iraq (Sciri), announced that local officials were ending their contacts with the Americans in protest at the killings. "The Baghdad provincial council has decided to stop dealings in regards to services and politics with the coalition forces because of the cowardly attack on the mosque," he said.

The interior minister, Bayan Jabr, also of Sciri, who has been strongly criticised by the US embassy for his links with Shia militias, told Al-Arabiya TV: "Entering the mosque and killing worshippers was a horrible violation. Innocent people inside offering prayer at sunset were killed."

Interesting development - Shia groups start to UNITE aganst US after the mosque attack. Well, that was pretty much expected.

Iraq cleric expected to gain from U.S. raid

Iraq's radical Shi'ite cleric Moqtada al-Sadr may turn to political advantage the bloody results of a U.S.-Iraqi raid on a mosque compound in Baghdad.

Political analysts say anger over the killings is likely to give Sadr political ammunition both on the street and at the negotiating table with Iraqi leaders who have been struggling to form a government more than three months after elections.

"Sadr has always appealed to the poor and disadvantaged. These killings will enable him to recruit more people for his Mehdi Army militia," said Hazim al-Nu'aimy, a political science professor at Mustansiriya University in Baghdad.

It looks like the recent "Raid at Mosque" not only United rival Shia groups in Iraq, but also BOOSTED power to Cleric Moqtada al-Sadr.

Also Expected.

Tensions high as Iraqis bury mosque dead

Shi’ite political leaders accused U.S. troops of killing the 20 worshippers at the Mustafa mosque on Sunday but police and residents said many died in clashes between U.S. troops and militiamen loyal to radical Shi’ite cleric Moqtada al-Sadr.

US military spokesmen have not commented on the accusations.

“No one is protecting us,” shouted Hamid Taayab, his voice raised in anger. “If it wasn’t for the Mehdi Army we would be slaughtered in our homes.”

Ofcourse - the US Military DENIES everything, saying that Iraqi's FAKED the Massacre.

Yeah Right...

US troops defend raid, say Iraqis faked "massacre"

U.S. commanders in Iraq on Monday accused powerful Shi‘ite groups of moving the corpses of gunmen killed in battle to encourage accusations that U.S.-led troops massacred unarmed worshippers in a mosque.

"After the fact, someone went in and made the scene look different from what it was. There‘s been huge misinformation," Lieutenant General Peter Chiarelli, the second-ranking U.S. commander in Iraq, said.

Government-run television has shown footage of bodies lying without weapons in what Shi‘ite ministers say is a mosque compound run by radical cleric Moqtada al-Sadr. The security minister accused Iraqi and U.S. troops of killing 37 unarmed men.

Giving the first U.S. military briefing on Sunday‘s events in Baghdad, Chiarelli said the raid by about 50 Iraqi special forces troops backed by some 25 U.S. "advisers" had been the fruit of long intelligence work. But he said he did not know the religious affiliation of 16 "insurgents" who were killed.

Excellent Intelligence I must admit!

And also Excellent Misinformation - just don't know from WHICH Side...

posted on Mar, 28 2006 @ 08:15 AM
link   
from the best liars and disinformants in the world.

But i guess it's getting more and more difficult for them.

"it was all Staged" , Who are the conspiracy theorists now?

[edit on 28-3-2006 by Syrian Sister]

posted on Mar, 28 2006 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Here is the require link

news.xinhuanet.com...

posted on Mar, 29 2006 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Syrian Sister
After all, why do they need him when they have Sistani...

Because sadr has a militia and is young and able enough to command it.

Unlike the US puppet, Sadr is the only one who has said the people behind the secterian violence are actually the americans.
And yet does nothing, he placate the crowds though a populist message, and meanwhile his actual practices, such as not taking his militia into all out war or calling for a nationwide uprising, or inviviting the iranians to come in and liberate them, are aids to the americans. He's a 'front'.

Sadr is the only one who wants to unite the sunni's and the shia against the americans.

Unite them in their anger against the americans, control them, tone down teh violence, and then the US can leave, secure that a malleable agent has things under control.

For now i have faith that the mehdi army will fight again.

Sure, they might very well clash with US troops again. What would the 'evil controllers' of the US care about that though? All the better to have propaganda like that for your shills no? I mean, do you really think tha the US is so sensitive to shiite religious sensibilities and the subtle dynamics between al-sadr and al-sistani, at the beginging of the occupation, such that they wouldn't've put a bullet in his head the moment he rose up against them??? Its not like al-sadr is some shadowy figure running from safe house to safe house and too hard to get at.

So if the Sunni's hate you, and you now admit the shia's hate you.
What is it you are doing in iraq?

Taking it over, duh!
What should the US care if the people their hate the US??? So long as they can't attack the US, it works out.

posted on Mar, 29 2006 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Who are we to believe?
Simple question....yet no one has given me a decent answer yet...

posted on Mar, 29 2006 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Link< br />

BAGHDAD (Reuters) - Champions of the poor or sectarian thugs? A crisis over a U.S.-backed raid on an Iraqi mosque that cost at least 16 lives has again thrust attention on a Shi'ite militia led by fiery young cleric Moqtada al-Sadr.

His Mehdi Army fighters were guarding the Baghdad mosque complex at the time of Sunday's assault and shot at Iraqi troops as they approached, witnesses in the neighborhood said.

"The Iraqi forces tried to enter the mosque and the Mehdi army fired at them. Iraqi forces entered the mosque and killed people," car mechanic Ali Jabber told Reuters.

Sadr's aides denied the Mehdi Army was involved in the violence and said the dead were innocent worshippers.

U.S. commanders have talked only of "terrorists" holding a hostage in the compound and say the bodies of gunmen killed in fighting had been piled in the mosque to simulate a massacre.

So were they innocents? Or members of Sadr's Army?
It looks like some of the witnesses have counter the claims that nobody fired on the Iraqi commandos and that they did not kill worshippers.

posted on Mar, 29 2006 @ 02:36 PM
link   
I'm crying a river over here, man my heart is just breaking hearing things like this

(Don't get your toes wet, people, there is sarcasm dripping like a flood from my post!)

posted on Mar, 29 2006 @ 09:19 PM
link   

"22 Terrorists killed while firing at coalition troops from a mosque in the hopes that they wouldnt shoot back. Iranian/Syrian backed insurgancy leaders see the propaganda value in hindsight of US routing..

Every Iraqi is a terrorist? Anyone that defends his or her life is now a terrorist? Then why is it when 9/11 was on it's way [it's obvious it wasn't Osama Bin Laden] ;You went running to Iraq? You had your chance to send people to bomb your own country so you would find an excuse to get your butt to Iraq and steal some Oil and waittttttttttttt i forgot -Lives tooo.. Huh? Tell me Who the hell are you to say who is and who isn't.

How are we MUSLIMS terrorist when this land belongs to us? How are they terrorist when it was you who went over Iraq taking it over slowly? How are we terrorist when every land on this face of earth you name it yours and recall history from your own ignorant knowledge? How are we terrorist when you are the occupiers? Why not both are terrorist because there both killing innocents of people?? Why the hell nottttttttttttt????You tell me!

I would never in my life support 9/11 ever!! So wake up .....Fight those who fight you. This is our right. and if you're against it. Than i wish you the best of luck.

posted on Mar, 29 2006 @ 09:45 PM
link   

posted by MsPalestinian08: “Every Iraqi a terrorist? Anyone that defends his life is a terrorist? Huh? Tell me Who the hell are you to say who is and who isn't. [Edited by Don W]

Correcting a mistake is often difficult. Correcting a big mistake is maybe impossible. The US knew it had lost the Vietnam War at the Tet Offensive, January, 1968. Nixon ran for president promising to end the war. Instead, he continued the Vietnam War until 1973. Five more years. 24,000 American GIs were KIA. Perhaps 1,000,000 Vietnamese were KIA. We don’t count dead enemy. Or is it, dead enemy don't count? Then we left Vietnam on the same terms we could have had in 1969, which is what the American people voted for and expected but did not get. The American system of governance is broken and we don’t know how to fix it. In a paliiamentary system, we could get rid of a leader who is failing the country. Our system of fixed terms condemns us to confusion, deception and mediocrity for 2 1/2 more years.

How are Muslims terrorist when this land belongs to us? How are we terrorist when you are the occupiers? I would never in my life support 9/11 ever!! So wake up . . Fight those who fight you. This is our right . . and you're against it . . I wish you the best of luck. [Edited by Don W]

Pres. Bush promised to stay in Iraq until January 20, 2009. That is 32 months. The American public is becoming both disenchanted with the unsuccessful prosecution of the war, and restive over the endless cost and rising numbers of casualties. I am sensing the current Iraqi leaders are also disenchanted and restive. I can see the new Iraqi government asking the US to leave Iraq, and to leave quickly. Say by the end of summer, September 21, 2006. I’d like that.

[edit on 3/29/2006 by donwhite]

posted on Mar, 29 2006 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Of further interest to whom considers it of merit?
Try this:

The Iraqi commander during a controversial raid by American and Iraq forces is backing the U.S. version of a battle that left 16 Iraqis dead, CBS News correspondent Lara Logan reports.

In an exclusive interview with CBS News, the Iraqi commander says accusations that U.S. forces killed innocent civilians in Sunday's raid on a building in Baghdad were "not true."
Link to Source

Also, link to the video:
Link

seekerof
[edit on 29-3-2006 by Seekerof]

[Mod Edit: Link Format - Jak]

[edit on 2/4/06 by JAK]

posted on Mar, 30 2006 @ 07:05 AM
link   

posted by Seekerof: “Of further interest to whom considers it of merit try this:

The Iraqi commander of a controversial raid by joint American and Iraq forces is backing the U.S. version that left 16 Iraqis dead, CBS News reports. In an interview the Iraqi commander says accusations that U.S. forces killed innocent civilians in Sunday's raid on a building in Baghdad were "not true."
by Seekerof [Edited by Don W]

Promised but no WMDs. Offered but found false documents on the sale of uranium by Niger. Pushing our man Chalabi on Iraq, who may or may not be an ordinary crook. Changing our stated goal in Iraq as circumstances change. Intelligence failures on the grossest scale become obvious then are either openly or tacitly admitted, after the fact. All of this and more add up to a high degree of doubt and skepticism on my part of reports.

Now we are presented with what sounds to be a purely self-serving denial of a raid that may have gone well from a military point of view but which may also have killed a large number of people not directly related to the object of the raid. Unintended consequences. Collateral damage. Two wrong doers - the Iraqi and American commanders - support each other. What would you expect?

If the US wants to have its version accepted as truth, then it must call in a neutral observer such as the IRC - International Red Cross - or the Green Crescent - to make its own first hand survey and report on the incident. Otherwise, this will remain a point of serious disagreement. The mere statements of no wrong doing on our part will not lay this mess to rest.

[edit on 3/30/2006 by donwhite]

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 08:15 AM
link   

US News

The U.S. military was trying to send a "little reality jab" to radical Shiite cleric Moqtada al-Sadr when American and Iraqi troops raided a Shiite community center and shrine over the weekend, says a top U.S. military official.

The mayor of Baghdad promptly cut off cooperation with the U.S. Embassy, and Shiite politicians suspended their negotiations to form a new government. The U.S. military has long contemplated taking tougher steps against Sadr and his troublesome militia but has held off in the past because it did not want to antagonize his many fervent supporters. This raid, officials say, was intended as a reminder to Sadr of the U.S. military's reach in Iraq.

A Warning?

Hmmmmmmm...

Shiite Ayatollah Ignores Letter From Bush

A letter from President Bush to Iraq's supreme Shiite spiritual leader, Ayatollah Ali al-Sistani, was hand-delivered earlier this week but sits unread and untranslated in the top religious figure's office, a key al-Sistani aide told The Associated Press on Thursday.

The aide "who has never allowed use of his name in news reports, citing al-Sistani's refusal to make any public statements himself" said the ayatollah had laid the letter aside and did not ask for a translation because of increasing "unhappiness" over what senior Shiite leaders see as American meddling in Iraqi attempts to form their first, permanent post-invasion government.

The aide said the person who delivered the Bush letter "he would not identify the messenger by name or nationality" said it carried Bush's thanks to al-Sistani for calling for calm among his followers in preventing the outbreak of civil war after a Shiite shrine was bombed late last month.

The messenger also was said to have explained that the letter reinforced the American position that Prime Minister Ibrahim al-Jaafari should not be given a second term. Al-Sistani has not publicly taken sides in the dispute, but rather has called for Shiite unity.

A warning Ignored then...

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 09:02 AM
link   
daboga75:

I´m crying with you!

Iraq = threat

To me it seems more like the big guy is stepping on the small guy

Didnt the bible say something like: the strong shall help the weak.

Thats quite the opposite we are looking at here

During the cold war why didnt the US not attack USSR? That was also a threat? OOOHHHH I forgot:

US = USSR = Balance in power

I am afraid that we are heading for BIG trouble if we dont change the way we treat each other.

As some say:

WE ARE ALL PART OF EACH OTHER, WHY THEN KILL EACH OTHER!

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 08:56 AM
link   
The fact is that we don't know what really happened at that Mosque. Patterns show that both sides have been guilty in the past. The real problem lies in the complete censorship policy US enforces.

Considering that documented and proved insurgent atrocities would make golden propaganda ammo for the White House, the fact that the choice of silence is made says a lot.

Autopsy reports are routinely falsified or destroyed all together, logically I can only assume that what happened in the Mosque is true, unless US holds an investigation and proves otherwise.

Since to this day I haven't heard of battlefield misconduct investigations I tend to gravitate towards statements made by Iraqi government.

It is after all the responsibility of US government to prove/disprove various allegations, and not just keep writing everything off.

There are clear procedures for such situation, they're just not being used.

edit: Spelling

[edit on 2-4-2006 by iskander]

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
Of further interest to whom considers it of merit?
Try this:

The Iraqi commander during a controversial raid by American and Iraq forces is backing the U.S. version of a battle that left 16 Iraqis dead, CBS News correspondent Lara Logan reports.

In an exclusive interview with CBS News, the Iraqi commander says accusations that U.S. forces killed innocent civilians in Sunday's raid on a building in Baghdad were "not true."
Link to Source

Also, link to the video:
Link

seekerof
[edit on 29-3-2006 by Seekerof]

Hi SeekerOf, I tried the link but it leads to a completely different article, "Rice, Straw Make Surprise Iraq Trip."

I could not find the interview, and the link to the video is broken.

Do you have the correct links, and if not, what was the name of the Iraqi commander, and where was he stationed?

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Old news but supports the fact that investigations are either not conducted at all or falsified. No legitimacy, no credibility, as simple as that.

www.truthout.org...

Cheers.

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 12:06 PM
link   
This is, without question, the US reminding the Clerics who is in charge.

The US knows their Iraq war is a disaster in every way.

This is the Honduras solution. Murder and intimidation.

Anyone who doubts that this is an example of the US Stormtrooper Wire-Monsters sending a message, as to who the BossPeople are, is blind AND dumb.

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Instead of posting it here, I made a new thread.

Doh!

The Mustafa Mosque Massacre was No Accident or Error

Let's be clear: the attack on the Mustafa mosque was no accident, nor was it some stupid move by a low-ranking officer who didn't know the implications of what he was doing. The attack was a deliberate act of intimidation and provocation directed against the Shi'ia majority by U.S. occupation authorities. It will not be the last.

The U.S. has no interest in a successful Iraq government, since it is now clear that such a government will be Shi'ia led, and close to Iran politically. Therefore, my guess is that the fallback strategy is to rev up the Shi'ia militants, stir up civil strife, and perhaps even to get the Sunni minority, long the heart of opposition to the U.S., to turn to the U.S. for help, as the Kurds did years back.

Any way you look at it, this is a horrible mess--one that at $500 billion and counting, is bankrupting this country, destroying its image around the world, and killing hundreds of thousands of innocent Iraqis.

Want to Know More?

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Soljouh you forgot to add these things;

1) Those two soldiers where working for the special Reconnaissance regiment, which has no purpose in assasinations since that would army intelligence corp. And they where dressed as civilians which ofcourse makes them dressed as insurgents since insurgents dont wear clothes. Hmm guess that makes me a "soldier" doesnt it?

2) These "bombs" where never photographed, filmed nor found by the RMP's yet these policeofficers claim they had them. Funny I thought they had photographed the men and their equipement yet no photographs where released of the weapons. More disinformation from the insurgent warmachine.

3) Security contractor with explosvies, hmm mabye that counts as an RPG, a 203 grenade launcher or even shock horror a grenade. Since all of the above contain explosives and are all explosive. But ofcourse we are simply theorising here arent we souljah ofcourse since we know neither the facts nor have been there. We are listening to corporate media ,governmentnal and politically contorolled media which are controlled by varios parties in this war. To name a few: The US government, the UK governement, iraqi insurgents, political parties in iraq and iran, iran government, terrorist orginisations across the world and varios other foriegn governments.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join