It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Slain because he refused to call his mother's lesbian lover `Daddy'

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2006 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by glastonaut
A playground argument for a playground philosophy.

Don't forget the "my God can beat up your God" one

Thats always priceless.

posted on Mar, 28 2006 @ 11:18 AM
link   
I am by no means saying that a gay couple shouldnt raise children..so please do not take this question wrong ;] has there been any studies done on children raised by same sex couples from a psycological view? I know of one family who had three boys and there mother past away when they were quite young..they all ended up with women at least 15 years older then them..coincidence? The family unit is the most important part of a humans development...so keeping religion out of it...what if any are the proven negative effects of same sex marriages?

[edit on 28-3-2006 by Doppel]

posted on Mar, 28 2006 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by gekko

Originally posted by thermopolis
Homosexuals until converted, born again, will go to HELL. As will idolators (catholics), those who pray to false gods............er "Mary" any saint..........Allah, Budda, Hindi,

The gate to heaven is very, very narrow...............when Jesus returns to earth it is to clean it with FIRE..............

So, 99.9% of people are going to hell. Nice God you worship...

What happened to Jesus message of love and tolerance? Or do you pick and choose what you like to believe from the bible like a "supermarket of faith"?

Some people here are so full of hate they have no business telling others how to live or behave.

g

The really funny thing is that you do just pick and choose what you believe. You have to, Paul says somewhere in the Bible do whatever your faith allows you to do, if you don't mind gay people then be friends with them and possibly show them the love that Jesus has for them, if you feel they should be "burnt up in the rath of holy God" then perhaps you should just avoid them. One word to all you christians though, Condemnation is NOT the way.

[edit on 28/3/06 by whyfish]

posted on Mar, 28 2006 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by whyfish
One word to all you christians though, Condemnation is NOT the way.

Um...you want to possibly rephrase that, whyfish?

First off, that was five words, not one.

Seriously though, I can think of a few different ways to say what you want to say before you go ignorantly Christian bashing in general. To call out "all you Christians" and preach to us as as a whole, as if we are all the same as others, is not appropriate and not well tolerated by some of us, namely me.

How about "One word to all you intolerant types, condemnation is NOT the way" or...um..."one word to those of you that use religion as a defense for your hate and intolerance, condemnation is NOT the way."

just a suggestion...

posted on Mar, 28 2006 @ 05:44 PM
link   
I think alot of you are missing the point here, this is not about the suitability of lesbians to be parents or not. This is about a little boy who will never get to go to the park, play with his freinds, go to school, contribute to society in a meaningful, or even unmeaningful, way. He won't get to go on a first date, complete with all the emotional sweating that that implies. He won't get to have the joy of living anymore.

I think we all need to take a step back, shut the hell up for just a second or two and say goodbye to a young soul that did no one any harm.

posted on Mar, 28 2006 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Griff
It is called pig skin for a reason. In Leviticus it says even touching the flesh of a pig is an abomination. That's why.

OK. OK. I see where you're coming from. But it's my belief that in ancient times, swine was considered to be unclean and unhealthy(when eaten, people fell ill). But today, it's known that if you cook pork properly, it's very good eating.

And football? Why, it would be totally un-American to consider football a sin.

Whoops! Sorry to get off the subject of the thread!

Like I mentioned before. Murder is murder. There is absolutely no justifiable reason in existance to kill a child, or anyone in cold blood for that matter. The perpetrator is known. The family of the victim should be spared the agony of this case being drawn out in a court of law. The guilty must be immediately executed for their crime.

I don't care if they're black or white. Gay or straight. Blind, crippled or crazy.

A murderer of a child should not be allowed to live for one second after it is known they commited such a heinous act!

posted on Mar, 28 2006 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
Stand down, mister; you are WAY out of line, you make it sdound as if you might want to call yourself a Christian, and I prefer that blind bigots do not try and represent MY belief.

I started to post an answer and then seen this, TC already said what I was going too.

posted on Mar, 29 2006 @ 03:35 AM
link   
SOrry but I'm going off topic again
someone start a new topic if it bothers you though, I'm just intrigued as to peoples reactions to this tragedy

Originally posted by think2much

Um...you want to possibly rephrase that, whyfish?

First off, that was five words, not one.

Seriously though, I can think of a few different ways to say what you want to say before you go ignorantly Christian bashing in general. To call out "all you Christians" and preach to us as as a whole, as if we are all the same as others, is not appropriate and not well tolerated by some of us, namely me.

How about "One word to all you intolerant types, condemnation is NOT the way" or...um..."one word to those of you that use religion as a defense for your hate and intolerance, condemnation is NOT the way."

just a suggestion...

I do apolagize if I caused any offence, none was intended, but I suppose if you want to see offence where there isn't any then your welcome to :]
I wouldn't be trying to "Christian bashing" as you put it. It just irritates when people put things like "Your gonna burn in HELL" (which sounds very much like the lyrics to a certain "death-metal" song to me:@@
If all sin is equal in Gods eyes and everyones a sinner then technically can't gay people be Christians, I think the problem arises when gay people think that it is right in god's eyes. (I'm not saying it isn't) Then that would count as believing yor sin was correct to do. And the reason I labelled Christians as a whole was all Christians present on this thread appeared to be preaching Condemnation at the rest of the people. Sorry if I overlooked you

posted on Mar, 29 2006 @ 07:11 AM
link   

I do apolagize if I caused any offence, none was intended, but I suppose if you want to see offence where there isn't any then your welcome to :]
I wouldn't be trying to "Christian bashing" as you put it. It just irritates when people (snip) appeared to be preaching Condemnation at the rest of the people. Sorry if I overlooked you

You suppose if I want to see offense where none was I am welcome to? That is some appology-you need lessons.
Yes, you must have missed me,...and some others...TC spoke well for us-you can review his post, or mine quoting him, or Amuk quoting him...

It irritates me when people generalize when bashing. This thread was apparently created to be gaybashing making this tragedy seem to be about the homsexual nature of the perpetrator instead of the tragedy of the innocent victim of the child abuse, and in it all some very ignorant things are said and generalizations made and I'm sick of all of them.

I was pointing out to you that in so doing-generalizing and bashing- you are no better than the those you bash for doing the same. I was trying to make light of it and pointing out better ways to say what you'd like to say so if you have something to say, at least you can learn qualify it or direct it to the particular few if you must, not the masses.

I believe this is on topic because I've already stated how I feel about this tragedy of innocent life lost, but more importantly, this thread being created in the tone, and for the purpose it was, gives the thread a subtopic (which was the not so hidden true topic I believe) that shows what intolerant narrow minded people who generalize through prejudice and/or spew hate for the masses because of what a few do....do.

But I'm done with this thread anyway. It puts me in a foul mood.

[edit on 29-3-2006 by think2much]

posted on Mar, 29 2006 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Doppel
what if any are the proven negative effects of same sex marriages?

None.

Indeed, why would there be?

posted on Mar, 30 2006 @ 05:43 AM
link   
Their shouldn't necessarily be any, apart from the usual problems that plague marriages, the thing is, anything extreme that happens in a gay marriage will be given huge media coverage whereas the bad stuff that happens in hetrosexual marriages will be treated as the norm. Just the price one has to pay for going against "Society" I suppose.

posted on Mar, 30 2006 @ 10:10 AM
link   
IMHO the only psychological effect being a child to same sex parents is the teasing from others. If society would tolerate same sex couples more, then these children wouldn't have to endure all the gay bashing that they go through and would lead normal lives just like everyone else.

posted on Mar, 30 2006 @ 02:05 PM
link   
What I wonder is what people have to say about gay parents bringing up their children to be gay. Does anyone agree with this? I mean you can't deny that most hetrosexual couples encourage their children to be hetrosexual, why not the same with gay people. In the future gay parents could express the kind of revulsion towards their hetrosexual sons/daughters that hetrosexual parents do to homosexual children. You may be gay, you may demand to have the exact same rights as a "straight" person, but unless society becomes a whole lot more "open-minded" (which I frankly can't see happening) societies and families may be split even more then they already are. Our world is chaotic, its a fact of life, anything which adds to the chaos is "bad" IMHO. These ideas remain only in my head and this forum, but does anyone understand what I mean (after 164 hours without sleep just stringing a sentence together is a chore
)

Whyfish.

posted on Mar, 30 2006 @ 03:18 PM
link   
In my experience, the gay parents of children actually don't care one way or the other. Also, they lean towards hoping they turn out to be straight because the gay parents know what it's like in this society to be gay. Who would wish that on their child?

posted on Mar, 30 2006 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Good points griff.

whyfish:

Most homosexual parents are extremely tolerant as to how their children turn out to be. They have been trough hell of intolerance (thanks to narrow-minded people, like some posters in this thread) and they would not wish their children to go trough the same. Why would they? To slag off hetro society?

Of-course, there will always be some bad apples. Sadly, that's human nature, independent of sexuality.

As to gay parents making their children gay? That would indicate people have a choice to be gay or not. No research has shown there is. Some people can choose wether they want to be in a straight or gay relationship. They are are bisexual, and not really relevant to this point.

I hope you will someday get to know a gay couple so you can see that they are just people, like any other couple. Until then; chill down. And as they say. Deny ignorance.

Peace.

g

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Hmm I'm just thinking aloud mainly, it just seems to me that about 400 years ago people would be hung for Homosexuality, nowdays its becoming more of the norm. Whos to say in 50 years time people will be lobbying to make paedophilia legal? It just seems to me that morality is decreasing to me
I'm not just talking about homosexuality either, the worlds failing, people with good intents do more and more damage everyday. And theres absolutely nothing I can do about it at the moment, hence I express my frustration about issues like this
Sorry if anyone was offended

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 04:03 AM
link   
whyfish, are you comparing homosexuality with pedophilia? Are consenting adults having a good time being compared with the rape of children? Do you suggest that hanging gay people would be a good thing?

If you are, then yes. That is rather offensive.

Please, please, please tell me I got your post all wrong.

[edits - clarifications...]

[edit on 31/3/06 by gekko]

[edit on 31/3/06 by gekko]

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 04:41 AM
link   
Also whyfish, I just noticed this. Earlier in the thread you say:

And now you say:

It just seems to me that morality is decreasing to me
I'm not just talking about homosexuality either, the worlds failing, people with good intents do more and more damage everyday.

So, are you on the tolerant side or the condemning one?

Seeing you have just been a member for a few days, let me give you a friendly suggestion. Take it easy the first few weeks. You don't want to make any enemies (yet
). Later you may find that some civilized conflict is unavoidable with certain members, but take some time first to get to know the tone of voice on the board before making any decisions.

If you are in doubt, I suggest you should try to err on the polite side to start. I to used to be a lot harsher in my tone of voice here, until I realized that you get your points much better across if you don't piss your opponents off, to much...

Anyway, this thread is drifting off topic again.

If anyone can provide any scientific evidence that gay parents are less suited for bringing up children, bring it on... Otherwise, well you know, put up or....

Peace.

g

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Also whyfish, I just noticed this. Earlier in the thread you say:

And now you say:

It just seems to me that morality is decreasing to me
I'm not just talking about homosexuality either, the worlds failing, people with good intents do more and more damage everyday.

So, are you on the tolerant side or the condemning one?

g

Hmm I'd like to think that I'd be on the tolerant side but I just think so much damage is done by well meaning people then evil people, "Evil" people do not tend to get very far in the world (there are exceptions I know), whereas one man who thinks "God" told him to invade a country (I'm not necessarily denying that God did tell him this) can bring about the death of thousands. Ah well not like it matters, hindsight is a marvelous thing. Sorry to preach the message of doom
It just seems rather like we're degrading, but correct me if I'm wrong

whyfish, are you comparing homosexuality with pedophilia? Are consenting adults having a good time being compared with the rape of children? Do you suggest that hanging gay people would be a good thing?

If you are, then yes. That is rather offensive.

Please, please, please tell me I got your post all wrong.

No no, sorry I wasn't incredibly clear
I was just saying that several hundred years ago that homosexuality and paedophilia we're treated as equally sick things. Nowadays homosexuality is becomnig more and mroe acceptable every week as people protest and lobby for "gay rights". I was just wondering who draws the line at whats sick and whats not? If half of the stories on this site have any truth to them then we have a lot of screwed up people with a hell of a lot of power. I also don't thin gay people should be hung at all, I think they should be treated exactly the same as someone who breaks another "law" from the bible, with love and caring (though sadly it seems these days that the church seems to condemn then to love). Hmm and yes I am comparing people "having a good time" as you put it, to Paedophilia, I'm not necessarily talking about a 60 year old greasy man having intercourse with a 3 year old. I mean right now, it is regarded as acceptable for a 14 year old girl to lose her virginity to a 17 year old. Can anyone give me a reason why this age gap wouldn't increase?

-Whyfish?-

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 06:05 AM
link   
A woman wanting to be referred to as a male just says that person has psychological problems. Its nothing to do with Gay marriage. Shes just a wacko plain and simple like any other wacked out murderer. The mother should have had a better choice for a mate especially since she has a child involved. Hetero men and women make the same wrong choices every day.
I'm Sorry for the kid as thats very sad.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join