It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

favorites vs. subscribed threads?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 06:49 AM
link   
New here hiya! Can anyone tell me the difference between subscribing to a thread and adding it to my favorites list? They seem to do the exact same thing. (But obviously are somehow different hense my post.

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Hi thumperings welcome to ATS.

I'm pretty new too but as far as I know:

If you make a posting to a thread then that thread automatically goes into the list of your subscriptions.

You can choose to have a thread as a favourite without posting to it.

Hope that makes same sense.

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 10:07 AM
link   
The favorite sare a way of restricting a list of threads of your own enjoyment.

We may post in several threads, some of which we may not come back too. Every time you post in a new thread you subscribe to it.

If you find a thread you plan on coming back to on a regular basis, just select it as a favorite and it is much easier to find.

Your subscribed threads can add up quickly, and still remain alittle difficult to find a thread you wish.

Hope this information was helpful.

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Subscribed threads will appear in your "MyATS" window

Favorite threads will appear on another list. You can find your "Favorite threads" list by clicking your "settings" button. "Subcribed threads" are also availble there on a separate list.

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 04:39 PM
link   
This is the way I see it.

In MyATS, you have two seperate things. Your Subscribed Threads, and Your Favorite Forums.

Your Subscribed Threads are the threads that you have replied to.

Your Favorite Forums are the forums that you would want to visit often, and be kept up to date on.

Every time you make a reply to a thread, it is added to the top of the Subscribed Threads list.

To delete from this list, click the little red 'x' to the left of the thread title.

To change Your Favorite Forums, click on (edit forums). You will be shown a list of forums and next to the forum title there is a selection box -

'off' means that it is not one of your selected Favorite Forums. It will not show up in Your Favorite Forums, in MyATS.

ON means it is one of your selected Favorite Forums. It will show up in Your Favorite Forums, in MyATS.

I hope this helps to clarify a little better.

Larry.

join