It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rest asured, aliens will NOT invade us

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Listen to me.

A thousand or two years ago, they could have came down here in their spaceships and even convinced us that they were our gods, stargate style.

500, 200, even 100 years ago, they could have easily defeated our weapons.

The amount of technology and weapons we have gained in the last 100 years rules out any threat of invasion.

We have scalar weapons which could wipe out the whole friggin galaxy # f's sake. The best thing aliens could hope for if they invade is, we destroy everything on this planet including them with nukes.

My point is, the amout of technology we have access to, will enable us to easily and effectively repell any alien invasion.

Sure they could kill us - at any time they wanted....maybe.

But invasion? That would achieve nothing, and aliens aren't that stupid.

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Yes, they could disarm any of our weapons anytime they like. Invasion hasn't been an objective thus far. I believe they have been involved with humanity for a long time.

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 09:53 AM
link   
All of the species involved have their own reasons for being here. Look at all the sightings and all of the craft seen ( above in the air and below the sea ) and we can make an educated guess that they don't all get along with each other ( 'crashes', 'downings' ect ) and one race invading would be a sure fire way to upset the apple cart ! They have been here for centuries I agree, but with the abductions and mutilations im not too sure that there here for our good.... Only time will tell on this issue. On the subject of alien bases, timothy goods book on the subject is an awesome read.

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I don't believe they would invade because I feel it's not part of their agenda.
I don't think that we could repel an invasion because, sure we could fight and take out a few of them but our technology however good it may be I doubt it would compare to theirs.
Invasions to me for some reason sound cliche' with aliens. I feel there is a more sinister, bigger picture.

JRod.

[edit on 27-3-2006 by JRod1984]

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Manincloak
The amount of technology and weapons we have gained in the last 100 years rules out any threat of invasion.

We have scalar weapons which could wipe out the whole friggin galaxy # f's sake. The best thing aliens could hope for if they invade is, we destroy everything on this planet including them with nukes.

Hahaha, that's not even remotely realistic thinking. Our weapons can destroy the planet a couple of times over, true. But that'd only be to the aliens advantage. We have zero capability to defend against a civilization advanced enough for space travel (unless they are armed with a wooden plank with a nail in it).

And that is ignoring the political side of the matter, that it would take at least 5 years into the invasion before the world goverments could even agree that aliens existed.

[edit on 27-3-2006 by merka]

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Listen to me.

A thousand or two years ago, they could have came down here in their spaceships and even convinced us that they were our gods, stargate style.

500, 200, even 100 years ago, they could have easily defeated our weapons.

My point is, the amout of technology we have access to, will enable us to easily and effectively repell any alien invasion.

Sure they could kill us - at any time they wanted....maybe.

But invasion? That would achieve nothing, and aliens aren't that stupid.

Besides that, the men in black would easily repel them. Just like in the movies.

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally Posted by Merka
Hahaha, that's not even remotely realistic thinking. Our weapons can destroy the planet a couple of times over, true. But that'd only be to the aliens advantage. We have zero capability to defend against a civilization advanced enough for space travel (unless they have to be armed with a wooden plank with a nail in it).

That's a great Simpsons episode!

JRod.

[edit on 27-3-2006 by JRod1984]

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 11:29 AM
link   
how do you know what kind of technology "they" have? For all you know they have a device that emits something that knocks out all of our weapon capabilities. Hell, they might have a giant boombox that plays music so wonderful and amazing that it renders us incapable of committing any violent act. If you take into consideration the concept that they are capable of coming to us, when we haven't gone beyond the moon, then you really must assume that the rest of their technology is superior to ours.

that said, if aliens wanted to invade us, they would be best served to sit back and watch us destroy ourselves, as we are currently doing. Then they can move in without a fight.

posted on Mar, 28 2006 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Because.

USA, SU->Russia as well as others will soon enough have a century of experience with this type of stuff.

They have been working for countless decades on alien technology, making sure there's nothing they can do to defeat us.

The kind of weapons and defence systems derived from alien tech - ones we know, and don't know about are just as advanced if not more than the alien ones, and I'm sure those brilliant scientists considered most possibilities of everything.

An invasion, defeating us - in such a sense that this planet is still....intact is impossible.

posted on Mar, 28 2006 @ 12:41 PM
link   
What if our civilization is the opposite of the Chariots of the Gods theory?

Imagine if you were running an experiment on mice. You put some mice in a cage, and fed half of them ginko biloba, and the other half are fed dried corn. Then you came back the next day to find that many mice had survived, and they were building cities out of saliva-packed woodchips. The next day you came back and they were flying airplanes made of wood shavings glued together with a combination of urine and saliva. Their power source appears to be fermented sunflower seeds.

posted on Mar, 28 2006 @ 03:18 PM
link   

and I'm sure those brilliant scientists considered most possibilities of everything.

I work with "brillian scientists" on civilian projects. Based on my experiences, I would not make the assumpton that they think of everything. In my experience, most scientists adhere to a very narrow viewpoint and view all else as irrelevant. They are particularly poor at working with others to come up with a comprehensive viewpoint, prefering to argue and 'stick to their guns' without respect for the possibility that they are missing something.

What emerges is a viewpoint that is highly effective, due to competition, but none-the-less of a narrow and very specific nature. This is an effective means to achieve razor sharp theories, but not a great way to search a space of possible theories. Its a greedy approach.

[edit on 28-3-2006 by Ectoterrestrial]

posted on Mar, 28 2006 @ 03:26 PM
link   
The reason they didn not invade us is that they inhabit a different dimensional space than we do and had no need to. Now that we are moving up to that level we will soon be face to face with them and then let's see what happens.

posted on Mar, 28 2006 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Aliens don't have to fight us. They just have to buy us out. All they need to do is zip over to the nearest asteroid made of gold or diamonds and hand it over to us like the settlers who bought New York for some beads. And we'll all cheer and thank them.

If they wanted to take us over, all they need to do is give us whatever we want. When you have a million worlds at your disposal, "worldly" possessions won't mean anything to you. Give us free food and shelter and robots so we never have to work or be envious of what the next guy has. We'd all be dead in less than a century without a shot being fired.

posted on Mar, 28 2006 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Enkidu
Aliens don't have to fight us. They just have to buy us out. All they need to do is zip over to the nearest asteroid made of gold or diamonds and hand it over to us like the settlers who bought New York for some beads. And we'll all cheer and thank them.

If they wanted to take us over, all they need to do is give us whatever we want. When you have a million worlds at your disposal, "worldly" possessions won't mean anything to you. Give us free food and shelter and robots so we never have to work or be envious of what the next guy has. We'd all be dead in less than a century without a shot being fired.

True enough, if they include the good old contraceptives in the food and drugs. I believe that was a relatively recent Stargate episode.

But the bigger question is, why would something that is 'alien' want to 'invade'? I guess that it makes sense to want to own territory, from our perspective. And clearly plants on Earth invade each other's space, unconciously of course, but quite deliberately and expertly. But I would rather not personify. Maybe an alien's behavior is to flit about the universe. Maybe THAT is what they do.

Maybe if we said "Please don't invade", and they understood us, they would say "what an odd concept of the use of space in time." Maybe they would just blink and then ooze jelly from a probiscus on their backs, then walk away.

Then again, if one assumes foo fighters are alien in origin, then one might conclude that they seem earily interested in tailing aircraft.

new topics

top topics

join