It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This doesn't look good

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2003 @ 09:30 AM
link   
I'm only saying what some of the callers were reporting. obviously I wasnt there, but there had to have been at least 7 - 8 different callers that were reporting NATO/foreign troops were practicing drills there. My question is, why exactly do they need to practice on our soil?

www.washingtonpost.com...

www.theaustralian.news.com.au...

the articles are a bit confusing as to where they occurred, the one says it was on the base, and the other one doesnt exactly say. it simply said that Rummy was at the base, but doesnt say the exercise was held there.

[Edited on 12-10-2003 by Grommer]

posted on Oct, 12 2003 @ 09:53 AM
link   
I do remember about 5-6 years ago a couple of stories (not from Alex Jones, but the mainstream media) about a military base in KY that conducted "take down" raid drills at local highschools in KY and TN. Entire airborn cav units, complete with guns, would fly in and "invade" a school. There was a huge uproar from parents in the area.

I think the commander may have been told to quiet it down, but dont think he was ever court martialled or anything.

posted on Oct, 12 2003 @ 10:33 AM
link   
That's an interedsting article Jez, but I found no specific sources in there. Call me a stubborn jackass, but I'll need some proof before I accept that article's intended effect.

mcrsc.mfr.usmc.mil... nology_250.asf

[Edited on 12-10-2003 by darkhowling]

[Edited on 12-10-2003 by darkhowling]

posted on Oct, 22 2003 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaRAGE
I've heard from numerous sources that there are thousands of foriegn troops in the USA already....

You Americans are SOOO paranoid! How many hundreds of thousands of US troops have been based on European soil over the last 30 years? Lordy mama, they even held numerous large scale wargames in various European countries! Does this mean they were some kind of super-subtle invasion force, practicing for the big day when they'd make their ultimate move? No.

GET A GRIP! Considering you are now the world's only superpower, I find it worrying as a non-American that you are prone to pooping your pants at the drop of a hat!

If you weren't such an incredibly self-centred and insular country, maybe you'd be more aware of the REAL threats facing both yourself and the world in general, and not be so obsessed with creating imaginary situations where the Government is out to crush the people whilst foreign armies are 'covertly invading' the country!

posted on Oct, 22 2003 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Just another thought. I live in a part of the world where the country has been torn apart by two world wars, and for the following 30 years or so, was ravaged by fairly regular terrorist bombing campaigns against the civillian populations of various cities.

You on the other hand, have suffered about THREE major incidences of Terrorism. You have suffered NO military attack since the War of Independance (aside from Pearl Harbor, which isn't even part of the US mainland).

Now get things into perspective, and CALM DOWN.

posted on Oct, 22 2003 @ 05:51 PM
link   
[Edited on 22-10-2003 by Creepy]

posted on Oct, 22 2003 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by 10DeadInside10
Holy # that's #in crazy. How can any of this go on in the cities without people asking questions? And if people ask, what are the soldiers going to say? "We're practicing taking over America" ???

It says on the site that the citizens are "actors" my guess paid actors. They probably couldn't get ordinary citizens to do what they are doing.

posted on Oct, 22 2003 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Sabby,

Paranoia is a virtue that has kept our country free from foreign armies and influence. Perhaps you complacent Europeans should have been more paranoid in the past, then your friggin countries wouldnt have been torn apart in two world wars.

Urban combats operations are very common, but what bothers me is that these are taking place in actualy populated civilian areas. You see, we do have urban combat training areas in the US. We have them all over, mock buildings and fake towns for troops to practice taking over enemy occupied cities. While this is good, as troops do need to be able to take out cities and such, my question is why are they #ing around in actual live populated areas, where a number of disaters can strike? This doesnt sit well with me, and I dont know who this Alex Jones guy is, nor do I care, but I am a bit concerned about some things related to this topic.

Incidentally, foreign NATO troops have trained on our soil, a friend of mine who was Brit Infantry came over here long ago with his unit to play war games with one of our infantry divisions. This isnt that bad, hell, I remeber at my army training school seeing so many foreign brass running around, thats not odd itself.

But, theres other things to be looked at. The purpose of the training, the goal, the end, trhe mission, ect, and its not that foreign troops are playing army with our guys, its what exactly are they working on playing, and what are they preparing for?

posted on Oct, 22 2003 @ 06:42 PM
link   
"WHY DO THEY COME TO TRAIN ON OUR SOIL"
easy answer to train with some of the best troops in the world.

Come on ppl we are being way less skeptical than we should be were takin the word of a man who rants every day the police state is comming tomarrow(its comming but not quite that soon) we need to learn to be more skeptical here fellas. Remember the truth is noramlly found on neither ends of the spectrum but in the middle ground

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join