It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cyclone Larry - Australia

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 10:44 PM
link   
We've just had the biggest Cyclone ( Hurricane to you USA people ) here in Australia & its category was actually recorded as stronger than your Hurricane Katrina. It struck the town of Innisfail in northern Queensland & has devastated many peoples lives as well as their liveliehoods / farms / crops / etc. It is predicted that they will not recover from this Cyclone for approx ten years.

But I have a some questions about something that has been puzzling me. I'm wondering why when we have a disaster of major preportions here in Australia, in fact, so far the worst recorded in history, that you guys don't seem to know about it?

The other puzzling question for me is that why do we not have a conspiracy theory revolving around Cyclone Larry? Are conspiracy theories really only the domain of the people of the USA........or are you guys really all just paranoid?!!

I'm not having a dig at you guys, I'm really interested in what you have to say. Keep it nice, I'm genuinely interested.

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 11:03 PM
link   
I dont think we have cornered the market on conspiracies here in the US. Larry could have been manmade. The Tsunami could have been man made. Katrina is suspicious and i think we will see more and more devastating disasters all around the world that dont really make sense.
For one thing, why are they all happening one after the other?

Check this out:www.prisonplanet.com...

The Tsunami: More Than a Natural Disaster?

Was the high death toll a result of incompetence, greed, deliberate weather warfare, a combination of all three or none? Listed below is the evidence. We leave the reader to make their own mind up.

Tsunami Bomb Developed As Far Back As 1944*******

SecDef Cohen warned of earthquake weapons

Space Preservation Act of 2001 (Lists tectonic weapons as a danger)

Human Hand Behind Earthquake and Tsunami?*******

Foreknowledge of A Natural Disaster

A Wave of Questions: What Did the US Know and When Did It Know It?

US denies ‘foreknowledge’ of Asian tsunami

US island base given warning*******

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Hi & thanx for actually taking the time to answer.

Considering that Cyclone Larry occurred in a tropical cyclone prone area, in the wet season, nobody is suprised about its occurrance. We've also currently got Cyclone Floyd off the west coast of Australia, but it has been downgraded considerably since its original formation. This is currently our Cyclone season & any that form off the northern coasts of Australia are not really a suprise to any of us living in the areas. We're well prepared & our homes are rated to withstand them......mostly.

Your Hurricane Katrina also occurred in a Hurricane zone & when it was hurricane season, so why is it such a big conspiracy that it occurred?
What's the conspiracy? It was man-made?

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Well, some would say that the hurricane was manmade. Others would say not only was it manmade, but the levees were blown up with explosives as well.
See, New Orleans is a city built under sea level. Those levees are made to only hold up to a category 3 hurricane. The feds and the local government had warnings for years of impending doom, should something larger than a category 3 come along. Well, it did.
There is a lot more politics to it than i can explain, by the way.

Now, here we are, almost upon hurricane season again, and the levees were only fixed again to sustain a category 3 or 4 again. The place is a mess, and thousands are still homeless. Lots of blame went to the local and federal governments for this.
The people complain that they let it happen on purpose. So, here we have it. A grand conspiracy.

posted on Mar, 28 2006 @ 12:34 AM
link   
hmmmm.....fair enough, I guess.

Well, its plain to see that I'm right & no-one else gives a ratz about what happens here in Australia & you guys wonder why you're so well loved by the rest of the world.

For your information, we have another Cyclone ( Hurrican to you guys ) formed off the coast of Western Australia near the Kimberlys, & its predicted to hit land by the end of the week as a CATEGORY 5!! THe towns threatened are Karratha & Exmouth at this stage. They're well prepared, but also only a few inches above sea level, so I am keeping everything crossed that they'll be okay.

I also don't believe any Govt of Australia is smart enough to control the country, let alone the weather!!!
I think the same thing about GW Bush too, just quietly!!

posted on Mar, 28 2006 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Well cyclones happen you know... it wasn't in a hugely populated area or like a city getting absolutely swamp such as new orleans were thousands of people died and displaced about 1 million people or so.

The main sorta havoc this cyclone did was rip off 80% of the houses roofs and pretty much destroy the australian banana trade.

posted on Mar, 28 2006 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Ok. Hello to Figjam and everyone else from the greatest country on the planet

I live in Townsville about an hour south of Inisvail where the cyclone hit. Townsville was on high alert the day the cyclone hit and it was predicted that the cyclone would hit here..so i feel i can give you a first hand insight as to why other countries are not hearing as much about our friend "Lazza".

I'm wondering why when we have a disaster of major preportions here in Australia, in fact, so far the worst recorded in history,

Most people would measure the severity of a disaster based upon the loss of life that disaster caused. Katrina, i believe was directly responsible for about 1600 deaths in a populated area with about a million displaced.

"Lazza" on the other hand was responsible for 1 death and the destruction of lots of banana crops in a comparativly unpopulated area. And thanks to the generosity of the Australian people, i can assure you no one is sleeping on the streets hungry in N.Q right now due to Larry.

Don't get me wrong, Larry was a pain in the arse and it has hurt industry up here, but we're all dealing with it and compared to Katrina, Larry was a "breeze".

I hope that helps..

P.S...Figjam, just how good are you?

[edit on 12/06/2005 by kojac]

posted on Mar, 28 2006 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Figjam
We've just had the biggest Cyclone ( Hurricane to you USA people ) here in Australia & its category was actually recorded as stronger than your Hurricane Katrina.

Hi there figjam,yep He was a doozey,i`ve been through a few in WA but nothing like Larry.

But I have a some questions about something that has been puzzling me. I'm wondering why when we have a disaster of major preportions here in Australia, in fact, so far the worst recorded in history, that you guys don't seem to know about it?

Its usually this way about a lot of topic`s.Though surely some countries got news of it?

The other puzzling question for me is that why do we not have a conspiracy theory revolving around Cyclone Larry? Are conspiracy theories really only the domain of the people of the USA........or are you guys really all just paranoid?!!
:

I`d say because what Larry has done cannot be compared at all to the scale of Katrina and mostly because of what happened to the people by the US Gov after She did her damage.I`ve seen nothing of the sort happen to the Aussies affected by Larry.Not sure if you had read what actually went on with Katrina?it was like a small scale experiment for bringing in the NWO imo.Oh no!, now you think i`m paranoid

I'm not having a dig at you guys, I'm really interested in what you have to say. Keep it nice, I'm genuinely interested.

Hope i`ve put it a bit more into perspective for you.If though our Gov finds in tough to help those affected it would be nice for other countries to return the favour if they can and help out a bit,imo.

posted on Mar, 29 2006 @ 03:05 AM
link   
hi kojak...............very good actually!!!

I'm glad to hear you guys are all okay up there, we're still thinking of you all & raising money / food / etc, & hopefully you will all be back to your old selves very soon.

Spare a thought for the poor guys from Karratha & Exmouth who are expected to be hit by T.C Glenda tomorrow some time. Tropical Cyclone Glenda is also a Category 5. Good luck peoples, stay safe!!

I definately know that our Govt may be capable of many things, but definately NOT changing the weather!!

posted on Mar, 29 2006 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaRAGE
Well cyclones happen you know... it wasn't in a hugely populated area or like a city getting absolutely swamp such as new orleans were thousands of people died and displaced about 1 million people or so.

The main sorta havoc this cyclone did was rip off 80% of the houses roofs and pretty much destroy the australian banana trade.

Nope, most of our banana's are actually grown in Coffs Harbour region, but the sugar cane industry has been decimated!! ( there goes the price of the cheap fuel altenative, ethanol!!..............maybe it IS a conspiracy!!
:lol

I reckon I seen a few flattened homes on the news footage too, not just a few missing roofs!

posted on Mar, 29 2006 @ 03:12 AM
link   
hi gps777

You are right, but how can any other country come to the aid of the victims of TC Larry & now possibly even TC Glenda if they either don't know about it, or its severity is compared with the Katrina thing? Needy people are needy people in my books, all over the world.

Any way, thanx for taking the time to repsond to my ponderances. Interestingly enough, once again it was the Aussies who took the time to talk about this disasterous event which has just happened here in Australia. Only one person from the USA decided to respond.............perhaps it does show that they are more interested in themselves, & not the rest of the world!!

posted on Mar, 29 2006 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Well, its plain to see that I'm right & no-one else gives a ratz about what happens here in Australia & you guys wonder why you're so well loved by the rest of the world.

conspiracy to explain your cylcone problem: H.A.A.R.P. project - USAF

reason for not hearing in the US: The mass media was bought up by CIA sponsored corporations, laundering drug money years ago. they only report what they want us to hear. you will have to take it up with the drug lords or the CIA.

being so loved by the rest of the world? i always thought that americans were rude and obnoxious until i saw aussis on vacation in indo.. good golly. i am sure that you are nice tho.

ciao, or as you say, cheers

posted on Mar, 29 2006 @ 04:08 AM
link   

hi gps777

You are right, but how can any other country come to the aid of the victims of TC Larry & now possibly even TC Glenda if they either don't know about it, or its severity is compared with the Katrina thing? Needy people are needy people in my books, all over the world.

Believe me the last thing in the world you want is George Bush and the FEMA circus to come help you guys down there, just line up and shoot your own people before those idiots can starve and drown them.

Your last cyclone caused an estimated $1 billion in damage. Katrina Caused $75 Billion in damage, and was not the first storm to smash into the states that season. Also New Orleans is a town known for its culture the world over, I've never heard of the places your cyclone hit. New Orleans has also been expected to wash away for decades, so its kind of like anyone in the world who knows about that was pretty much waiting to see just how washed away it would get.

Here's a weird thing though, I regularly hear about Australians getting busted for drugs, or some report out of oz with bogus non-scientific poorely studied claims about cannabis, but only on ATS did I hear about either of these storms. So apparently who goes to jail, and bunk science from a country other than the USA (for a change, since noone will listen after seven decades of lies), seems to be all the news thats fit to print.

posted on Mar, 29 2006 @ 11:16 AM
link   

But I have a some questions about something that has been puzzling me. I'm wondering why when we have a disaster of major preportions here in Australia, in fact, so far the worst recorded in history,

Huh?

You mean worst in the local history of the area? Or do you mean that the storm was just so powerful and that is what is historic? What cities did it wipe out? How many millions died?

posted on Mar, 29 2006 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan

But I have a some questions about something that has been puzzling me. I'm wondering why when we have a disaster of major preportions here in Australia, in fact, so far the worst recorded in history,

Huh?

You mean worst in the local history of the area? Or do you mean that the storm was just so powerful and that is what is historic? What cities did it wipe out? How many millions died?

It is the worst recorded in history. Self explanatory really. The first official Category Five Cyclone..............or Hurricane to you guys. And it rates not a mention. Interesting thou, I had heard that the people from the USA only care & know about what goes on in their own contry.

posted on Mar, 29 2006 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by snyddogg

conspiracy to explain your cylcone problem: H.A.A.R.P. project - USAF

reason for not hearing in the US: The mass media was bought up by CIA sponsored corporations, laundering drug money years ago. they only report what they want us to hear. you will have to take it up with the drug lords or the CIA.

being so loved by the rest of the world? i always thought that americans were rude and obnoxious until i saw aussis on vacation in indo.. good golly. i am sure that you are nice tho.

ciao, or as you say, cheers

I like it!! At least you're listening now dude!!

As for those obnoxious Aussies in Indonesia, you musta seen a rare sight!! Not too many obnoxious Aussies go to Indonesia, the more pompous stuck up ones prefer to go somewhere more exotic............like Disneyland!!!

ps...I am nice, you guessed right!

posted on Mar, 29 2006 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Legalizer

hi gps777

Believe me the last thing in the world you want is George Bush and the FEMA circus to come help you guys down there, just line up and shoot your own people before those idiots can starve and drown them.

Your last cyclone caused an estimated $1 billion in damage. Katrina Caused $75 Billion in damage, and was not the first storm to smash into the states that season. Also New Orleans is a town known for its culture the world over, I've never heard of the places your cyclone hit. New Orleans has also been expected to wash away for decades, so its kind of like anyone in the world who knows about that was pretty much waiting to see just how washed away it would get.

Here's a weird thing though, I regularly hear about Australians getting busted for drugs, or some report out of oz with bogus non-scientific poorely studied claims about cannabis, but only on ATS did I hear about either of these storms. So apparently who goes to jail, and bunk science from a country other than the USA (for a change, since noone will listen after seven decades of lies), seems to be all the news thats fit to print.

Believe me, we DON"T want GW Bush & cronies down here, not even for a visit.......& their type of help we definately can do without

Tropical Cyclone Larry hit a huge tourist area, & I'm very suprised that you've never heard of the Great Barrier Reef!!

See, we expect & know each year in the wet season that there is gonna be more than a few cyclones, & we build our homes & cities accordingly ( since 1974 when TC Tracy hit & flattened Darwin ).

The latest cyclone, TC Glenda is expected to cause a five metre storm surge with a King Tide already due today too, this could be disasterous for Karratha & any of the low lying towns in that area. Karratha is only a few feet above sea level & has no levee to protect her.

As for that drugs thing, well, what can you expect when a bunch of kids hoping to get rich quick don't listen or read the warnings about drug smuggling in Asia
( no sympathy for them in this corner )

Hey, but thanx for taking the time to reply!!!

posted on Mar, 30 2006 @ 12:20 PM
link   
so not to cause trouble or anything, but isn't innisfail on the east coast of australia, and therefore bordering the pacific, and not the indian ocean? so doesn't that make the storm a typhoon??
i had been under the impression that cyclones were general names for wind storms that circle around a low pressure system, and hurricanes and typhoons were such storms over the atlantic and pacific respectfully, but water-born cyclones over the indian ocean were still called cyclones because they hadn't thought of a better name. perhaps typhoons are only in the northern pacific though.

but the real issue you are making is why aren't these "cyclones" all over the news in the US? dispite speaking english, with an accent that most americans find attractive, australia is not ususally on the forefront of most american's minds. this is partly due to the fact that australia is in a different hemisphere, and on the other side of the world. it's about the furthest land mass you can get from the US. but that's not really the reason either.

here's what you need to do.
get that melbourne malitia guy, who is afraid of "perishing" as china buys more australian companies, and employ him (because he needs a job and security) as a sensationalist press member, and spin these stories. Make stuff up if you have to, blame the prime minister for national dissasters, find a group of people who are impoverished anyway, and tell stories about how the cyclone has ruined their lives, and that the australian government and international community has not acted quickly enough to help.. and throw in some extra juicy tid bits, like finding a terrorist weather creating manual, or how the storm uncovered an old ship believed to have been sailed by the knights templar, which possibly contains the holy grail. sell that story!!

for a story to go mainstream in the US, it's got to beat out such popular news items as terror, sports, hollywood scandals, hot missing girls lost over spring break, dirty polititions, etc. once it goes mainstream, then and only then is it politically acceptable to acknowledge the sittuation, and even to take action.

you could be sitting on a gold mine! just have to figure out how to spin the cyclone even more and make it saleable, while you and your mates get to cash in!

the discovery channel has been airing stories about the possibility of tsunamis hitting the west coast of the US. tie in to that somehow so as to frighten americans.. they'll buy that issue.

anyway, i hope everyone is alright over there. Innisfail looks like a nice pretty lush spot.

Believe me, we DON"T want GW Bush & cronies

i love it! my grandma sends me letters complaining about George and his cronies. i just chuckle every time i hear it for some reason!

[edit on 30-3-2006 by snyddogg]

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Hi, no all Cyclones are called Cyclones in Australia. They only usually occur up the top end of our beautiful country & never usually venture down as far as Sydney or Perth or even Tasmania!! But there has been a few Autralian TOrnadoes over the years, not many, but I'm sure Mr Google can help you out with that info!

As for employing that Melbourne Militia guy......................not bloody likely!!

Oh well, at least I've had a bit of fun & at least one or two of you Yanks have been mildly interested in what's going on around the rest of the globe to actually come in & say g'day!! Sad thou, apparently if it doesn't happen in the USof A then it apparently doesn't matter! I'm glad I watch the World News here in Australia & so am informed about the goings on around the whole planet ( regardless of whether the reports may or may not be biased!! )

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 12:05 AM
link   
ooops..............forgot to mention. The tiny town of Onslow caught the brunt of Tropical Cyclone Glenda & I just hope they're all okay up there. Apparently its still heading south thou, so she's not done yet!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join