It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Jesus die for the Aliens races too ?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Astyanax

Originally posted by helium3

2. Maybe we are the only race in the universe with Christians, Islam and Judaism in which IMHO is the reason we have been kept us out of a galactic federation.

I don't mean to rain on your parade and I certainly take your point. But I live in Asia, I read history and I stay in touch with current world (as opposed to just US or European) affairs. From what I have seen, Christians, Jews and Muslims are neither better nor worse than any other type of believer. Hindus in India have slaughtered Muslims by the tens of thousands. Bloothirsty Buddhist monks in Sri Lanka are great promoters of the ethnic civil war in that country. Shintoists honour and glorify the Japanese soldiers who visited unspeakable atrocities on China, Korea and the rest of East Asia during the Second World War. I could go on and on; any sizeable religion can boast its own catalogue of horrors. The only peaceable religions are the ones, like Zoroastrianism or Voodoo, that hardly anybody believes in. They're peaceable because they can't field enough believers to make up a mob, far less an army.

Belief is the problem, not any particular variant of it.

You just sumed up we are not in a galactic federation, cause of all the violence that comes organized religions. Not so much that a single religion will commit atrocities aginst themselves, rather to other religions. IMHO its the greatest way to keep the worlds population fragmented. Just imagine what if we as humans where truly = ?

[edit on 27-3-2006 by helium3]

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 05:04 AM
link   
How about a different take on the subject.
Jesus was murdered because he defied the powers that be by presenting truth and exposing evil, just as many others have been and continue to be murdered by those same powers throughout history.
Many of those 'powers that be' may be in fact alien of an evil nature.
But of course they only killed his body.

[edit on 27-3-2006 by point]

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 05:24 AM
link   
This is a fascinating subject, and a handful of lines will never do it justice nor cover all the corners. It can be debated over and over, but it comes down to the fact that no one knows for sure. Well, no human that is. (Or at least no human here at ATS
) Look at it this way. What you're trying to do is build a puzzle to see the big picture. But you don't have a reference picture, and you're trying to force two pieces together that don't fit next to each other. You're missing a couple of pieces in the middle. You don't have the pieces between extra terrestrial life and religion, and all we can do is guess what the complete picture looks like. We know God's grace and love extends to each living being and we would assume that it would include other creatures. In my opinion God exists for whatever life there may be beyond this planet, only in a different form. I mean just look at the different forms of God and/or a god on earth alone. That is if it is all one and the same God Christians (and Muslims and Buddhists and Jews etc.) pray to.

All that said - it is an interesting question and all we can do is guess what the answer is.

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Hebrews 1
2Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;

3Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high:

4Being made so much better than the angels, as he hath by inheritance obtained a more excellent name than they.

Hebrews 11:3
3Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.

I would venture to say God made me, you, this planet and many others like it. However earth is the only place where sin had transpired; thus we as a people are the only fallen race in the entire universe. With that being said Jesus only died for us the earth human race. We will never have direct contact with the unfallen worlds in our sinful form. Meaning I do not believe God would allow sinful man to corrupt an unfallen world or beings.

There is only one satan and his demons that where cast to this earth. satan can not tempt the other worlds any longer since the cross. Our salvation was made at a great cost. There is only one Lord Jesus Christ; For He is the Lord of Lords and King of Kings. All eyes are on us; we are the center of attention in the universe. --no pressure

Once this earth history comes to a close and the earth made new; those who remain faithful and true will be able to visit the mysteries of the universe.

1 Corinthians 2:9
9But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.

Movie: Contact [1997]
Ellie Arroway: [to a group of children] I'll tell you one thing about the universe, though. The universe is a pretty big place. It's bigger than anything anyone has ever dreamed of before. So if it's just us... seems like an awful waste of space. Right?

[edit on 27-3-2006 by GameSetMatch]

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Before anybody must die for anybosy else, several conditions must be met.
1. Why would the death of anybody be required for the life of anybody else? This assumes, of course, that the first person is not about to do gratuitous violence upon the other in which case the one about to do the violence should be nutralized by whatever force deemed necessary.
2. The rediculous idea or original sin was made popular by a very disturbed early Catholic who today would require psychiatric treatment in a contained environment. This rediculous concept was the baby of a very sick cookie, namely the ex-follower of Mani a religion later pronounced to be Pagan by Catholics which heavily influenced early Catholocism. His name was changed to St Augustine who, by the way never got the treatment his psychosis cried out for.
Therefore, since "original sin" was the creation of crazy people, nobody has to die for any reason other than old age or their own misfortune, self inflicted or otherwise.
3. astyanax make a very good point. Americans, more than Europeans are myopic. We tend to misconcieve the view point of ours as somehow...universal. It ain't.
4. To merely accept the idea that some messianic figure either taken from the thousands of such figures popular in Mesopotamian myth or one copied and developed by Saul, the government functionary called PBUH and later Jesus even existed let alone was some sort of deity who had to die an early death for some ides developed 500 years after his supposed death is prima facie absurd.
5. We must learn to question that which is told to us and even that we think we understand.
sayswho (skep be any other name)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join