It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese firm to screen for nuclear materials at Bahama port

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 07:55 PM
link   
WASHINGTON (AP) -- In the aftermath of the Dubai ports dispute, the Bush administration is hiring a Hong Kong conglomerate to help detect nuclear materials inside cargo passing through the Bahamas to the United States and elsewhere.

The administration acknowledges the no-bid contract with Hutchison Whampoa Ltd. represents the first time a foreign company will be involved in running a sophisticated U.S. radiation detector at an overseas port without American customs agents present.

www3.whdh.com...

Am I the only one who thinks this is insane? There is just no reason to do this. This company has high level ties to the Communist Chinese government. Why does Bush insist on leaving our borders wide open, and on top of that, letting foreign firms oversee our port security? It seems like there's a hidden agenda driving these decisions. Is our national security being compromised intentionally? Somebody wants us to be vulnerable.

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 08:11 PM
link   
I trust the Chinese even less than the UAE...

Bush is setting up the next administration, which will no doubt be Democrat, for a big fall. Of course, that's just my conspiracy take on it.

join