It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How does the big bang theory work again?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 07:30 PM
link   
I was just watching a tv show talking about how scientists are looking at light from the beggining of the big bang (mentioning within trillianths of a second)

Link to news story

If this is the case, then earth and everything in the universe was travelling faster than the speed of light. Billions times faster than the speed of light.

How does this apply to theories of light travel.

I myself don't know that much on the subject, but I'm interested in any related points to this subject.

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Well basically one day about 14 billion years ago there was nothing. On this day nothing decided to explode. Now there is everything. Except some of it is missing.

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by shaimaison

If this is the case, then earth and everything in the universe was travelling faster than the speed of light. Billions times faster than the speed of light.

Check out these pics - map.gsfc.nasa.gov...

If you'll notice on the "Time Line of the Universe" pic stars and planets weren't in existance during the inflationary period. They (stars atleast) developed about 400my later.

How does this apply to theories of light travel.

I myself don't know that much on the subject, but I'm interested in any related points to this subject.

It doesn't apply in any way to time travel or atleast i don't know how it could. I want to say it was space/time that was expanding/inflating and not matter.. but this stuff is over my head as well.

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 08:25 PM
link   
If your interested, you can learn more about the big bang and how it possibly occured at this site. www.big-bang-theory.com... I find it odd people still claim the universe came from nothing. I do hope the worlds text books are being kept up to date!

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Also an interesting note is that the universe is acctually .000001 percent of the left over matter that didnt go back to nothing. So the universe as we know it is really one big chemical reaction trying to equal it self out. So we are all part of that unbalanced equation.

hehe....i finaly get to explain my forum name!!!!!

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rren

If you'll notice on the "Time Line of the Universe" pic stars and planets weren't in existance during the inflationary period. They (stars atleast) developed about 400my later.

It doesn't apply in any way to time travel or atleast i don't know how it could. I want to say it was space/time that was expanding/inflating and not matter.. but this stuff is over my head as well.

That still doesn't explain how we got here. If anything, it seems to explain a big bang happened back then (17+ b yeas ago) and the one we are seeing is one that hasn't come this way yet.

Unless the matter that makes us up travelled fast then the speed of light, or that time moves slower near the center of the universe. Which means the farther from the center of the universe we are (time will speed up)

Which, if thats the case, brings me unto another thread I made Here

[edit on 26-3-2006 by shaimaison]

join