It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A look at all the countries that hit ATS

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 10:26 PM
link   
My puny site only gets 9000 hits a day, about 500 visitors, but I can't afford anymore bandwidth, so I'm not trying to build it up.

But we get the same sort of international profile as you guys do, 5% from England, Australia, France, Holland and another 5% from "the rest of the world."

Most my hits (44%) come from botts; another 23% from business and 23% from educational institutions.

Essentially, I'm dealing with the same topical subject matter as this Forum is; so it's not surprising, the similarity in the audience.

Oh, and I have a chat-bott too. Yeah, from Oddcast.com A Squawker. I call her Emmy-Bott.

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 10:27 PM
link   
It's funny how I can name members for at least the top twenty countries...

I find the number of views from China and Taiwan very interesting.

But what surprised me (I missed the Vatican one) were the number from the UAE!

Iran & Saudi Arabia are also interesting.

The single page view from the Congo is funny. Somehow I imagine a field scientist googling something very important, and running in to ATS!

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Well I'll be damned... So South Africa is on the map... I would never have guessed... 27th...

What exactly count as a "HIT"? Is that 12946 different IP addresses or just me refreshing my browser 12946 times?

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 01:57 AM
link   
netherlands wooooot

ditthe size text owrk?

[edit on 27-3-2006 by Lysergic]

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Thats a really interesting listing.

Wonder who the one hit from Vatican City came from.

Also Brtiish Indian Ocean Territory had 724 hits thats interesting because they have no resident population
the whole place is the Diego Garcia US/UK Military Base - so wonder who is taking an interest in ATS there !.

[edit on 27/3/06 by Jamesmichael]

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 03:14 AM
link   
IR - Iran, Islamic Republic of 7071 hits

I find that interesting more then Israel its the highest number for any ME country besides UAE I think.

I dont see any N Korea hits
curse you KIM

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by loam

But what surprised me... were the number from the UAE!

The UAE has a population of about 5 million. 70% of them -- that's right, seventy percent -- are expatriates. That includes not only a fair number of Americans and British, but also some very clued-in and up-to-date people from South Asia and the Middle East. As for the locals, well, Arabs love conspiracy theories nearly as much as Americans do.

So it's not really surprising that you should get a few thousand hits from the UAE. What's far more surprising -- and disheartening -- is the number of people living in rich, powerful countries who don't seem to know the first thing about the world beyond their shores.

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 04:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpittinCobra
The Congo has internet, WOW.... I had no idea.

[edit on 26-3-2006 by SpittinCobra]

Another fact about the Congo is that he average mobile user has on average 3 mobile phones...

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Netherlands ToooooooW !!!

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 06:29 AM
link   
I still cannot get over

VA - Holy See (Vatican City State)

HAhahahah!

Does anyone know how many countries are listed there of the total number of countries on the planet?

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 06:33 AM
link   
You can tell who's from the warmer climes. Most of them are lower in the list. Or they could just be poorer. I don't know.

Still, it's an interesting list.

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by watch_the_rocks

Does anyone know how many countries are listed there of the total number of countries on the planet?

One hundred and ninety three. Or 243 , LOL 191 are UN members.

37 are inhabited

[edit on 27-3-2006 by SpittinCobra]

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Well, I know that when I log into ATS at work, I am running through a US IPS so are my co-workers. May slant the numbers a little.

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 07:48 AM
link   
One possibility for the Congo could be the person who keeps sending me the "I have millions of dollars in the bank that the govt won't et me have unless I get a foreigner to allow me to transfer it into their bank account" scam emails...

They resolve to Africa 100% of the time. My ATS email account gets hit with about 3 of these a week.

Springer...

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Okay, this might not be legal, and some of you might object strongly, but if you (the admins) wanted you could set up a small script to log ip's from these "suspect" countries, do dns lookups and check if any of them are from gov/mil servers. ? I'm guessing you could get a hint at who is watching you=)

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 10:44 AM
link   

VA - Holy See (Vatican City State) 1

It's nice to know the Pope is a fan, sure it was one of my posts he came to read.

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Wow Springer, I thought I was the only one who gets those emails that they want to transfer funds to my account. Now to figure out how to get the money, thats the hard part....

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Springer
"I have millions of dollars in the bank that the govt won't et me have unless I get a foreigner to allow me to transfer it into their bank account" scam emails...

You'd never make any money as an Internet scammer, Springer. Don't you know that it has to be all in caps? PEOPLE ARE CONNED MUCH EASIER IF IT'S ALL IN CAPS AND YOU USE WORDS LIKE "ESTEEMED PLEASURE" AND TITLES LIKE "FORMER CHANCELLOR TO THE ROYAL PRESIDENTIAL ADVISOR".

AND THAT'S A FACT.

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mechanic 32

Originally posted by shaimaison
Im surprised people in china arent consored from this site...

imho - It could be proxy servrers over there, no? That could account for China making the top 10.

I've been living in China for three months and have never had any problems getting ATS at home with the local ISP. At work we use proxy servers and still have no problems.

Let's hope that does'nt change

They already took away my Wikipedia

Wow, Impressive list

[edit on 27/3/2006 by SportyMB]

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gemwolf
Well I'll be damned... So South Africa is on the map... I would never have guessed... 27th...

Odds are that's mostly me .

Stellar

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join