It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lucid's Abduction Experience (the Greys)

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2006 @ 05:09 AM
link   
I do like those people who imediatelly dismiss a story because someone was going off to sleep or was asleep when it happened.

I mean if that's the case then you could dismiss a story where someone burgles a house and the occupant woke up half way through, chased the man out and phoned the police. Well he was probably dreaming, hallucinating or sleep walking wasn't he.

On the other hand maybe your testimony should be looked at with a critical eye. All ideas suggested even ones like the sleep walking idea and then once everyone has made up their mind which one they most prefer, we can all have a drink and toast our brilliance.

In my case i am once again in the middle of the road here. I believe you experienced something but whether it was an alien abduction or a mixture of hallucination, sleeping walking and something else i don't know.

posted on Mar, 28 2006 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jehosephat
Several factors you need to realize the differance between dreaming and lucidity.

As I mentioned earlier I am well-read on sleep paralysis, dream states, dreaming in general, and lucid dreaming...hell that's why it's my username.

So I am quite comfortable with my ability to distinguish between the various dream states and waking life.

Everyone dreams differantly. Like for me, I can never "read" during my dreams. I can get an understanding of the meaning of a sign, or something I read, but I can never see the actaul words. ALso I canot smell or hear in my dreams. But external sounds affect my dreams and sometimes slip in.

Everyone dreams differently and each dream is different. All in all I experience all 5 senses in the dream world. It varies from dream to dream. I have had a few dreams where I could vividly "read".

The first thing you need to do before you say "I have been abducted" is take note of what you remember and see if there is any holes in the memory.

Take for example, if you are being dragged your cloths should bunch up underneath you, you should feel the warmth of friction on surfaces on the ground. Smell the carpet. or hear the dragging sounds. all 5 senses are important in creating the memory.

Well... I did'nt see my clothes bunch up underneath me nor feel the fricton of the carpet because I was both paralyzed and numb. I can't recall any smells. I can't recall hearing the sound of being dragged across the carpet (which leads me to think I couldn't hear during it).

If all you have is visual then you need to gain more information.. was it cloudy or clear? was the ground wet with dew? what time did it happen? were there any clocks?

My vision was fine. I didn't feel any moisture (I don't know if I was taken outside at all), I was completely numb. It occured between 1-2 am. After my memory failed me (they put me under?) I awoke to find myself in my bed and it was morning...maybe 6-7am, but I didn't really check the clock.

[edit on 053131p://28u19 by Lucid Lunacy]

posted on Mar, 28 2006 @ 05:49 AM
link   
ImaginaryReality1984, Iroi_Komei and Undo. I had hoped I would be able to respond to your posts before it got too late but im afraid my mind is slowly slipping into the archetypal abyss.

I didn't post my "Dreams vrs Abduction" or the "Hypnoregression vrs False-Memories" like I wanted to

Oh well I can do it tomorrow.

posted on Mar, 28 2006 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Lucid, I would really listen to Jeff. He is getting into the area of questions that I was also going to ask. Although you may have experience with dream analysis (which actually may be the culpret), etc.., this line of questioning can still be very helpful.

I actually had a dream last night involving UFO's. I am usually aware in my dreams and often manipulate them. In my dream a ship landed as me and a group of investigators were looking for UFO's to photog. After it landed I walked to where it sat on giant pod bottom legs. It was the size of a city block. There were many people sitting under the belly of the craft, in lawn chairs no less. Some from the ship and some from welcoming committee. At this point I consciously interjected the path that I wanted the dream to go next. Since I want to lose a few pounds, I decided that the aliens were there to assist with physical and mental conditions. I went into a small room that was lowered down from the ship with some others. I was then asked what I was there for. I explained that I was having trouble losing weight. The tech that was assisting me started to do an exam but I knew it was a formality and he was going to do something to fix my problem. Once I was satisfied with the direction of the dream, I vacated it and woke up.

the reason I tell that story is to site example. I am wondering if you have this ability but are not aware of it?

Again, I am not by any means saying this didn't happen to you. Just a matter of trying to eliminate all possibilities.

posted on Mar, 28 2006 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lucid Lunacy
My vision was fine. I didn't feel any moisture (I don't know if I was taken outside at all), I was completely numb. It occured between 1-2 am. After my memory failed me (they put me under?) I awoke to find myself in my bed and it was morning...maybe 6-7am, but I didn't really check the clock.

Feeling numb would indicate a dream state, rather than reality.

I've heard people tell me about when they've had serious phobias that they can't physically move... 'they feel paralysed'. However, they still say they feel everything. You felt paralysed, yet you also felt numb, which makes me think it was a dream.

Ever had the dream where you're naked in a public place? That again is one of the universal dreams. Now for every minute, or second you're dreaming that, you feel like you're actually there...you feel the embaresment etc. It's when you wake up you think 'silly me, just a dream, I wasn't naked in public'. However, with you Lucid, you attributed your dream to reality. Maybe it's because on some level prior you had dreamt about being abducted, but not as vividly as that one night.

...Just some thoughts.

posted on Mar, 28 2006 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by jbondo
Again, I am not by any means saying this didn't happen to you. Just a matter of trying to eliminate all possibilities.

And there are alot of them. The profiling is of course not concrete evidence. If this had happened during waking hours, I'd say you just negated sleep related answers, well most of them.

I will say the experience sounds alot like the Fire in the Sky sequence, with being dragged.

However, in line with my thought that these beings may be physically real, and not physically real at will, depending on whatever task they have to do; he may have been interacted with on a non physical level. Or, that entire senario he gave, may be a screen memory of his version of a classic abduction. What really occurred...who knows. But nonetheless, it could very well be external.

The scraping and the shirt dont add up to a cohesive event. He percieved one thing, but something else went on...possibly from the same external source.

It's all about perception.

[edit on 28-3-2006 by jritzmann]

posted on Mar, 28 2006 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by jbondo
Lucid, I would really listen to Jeff. He is getting into the area of questions that I was also going to ask. Although you may have experience with dream analysis (which actually may be the culpret), etc.., this line of questioning can still be very helpful.

Not dream analysis as in dream interpretation, per se, although I do that too. I meant dream research in general. I even have a EEG neurofeedback machine I use (bought it after the abduction). I was just trying to stress the idea that if anyone would be equiped to distinguish between dream states, or states of mind in general, in would be me and people like me...that have dedicated so much time to it. That's all.

jbondo I agree though. It's a valid concern. It's logical...especially considering the context of my experience. It's common for skeptics to use this line of thinking against night cases. In light of that, I have been working on a post i'm going to call "Dream vrs Abduction" where I will address this.

Now I would also like the readers to know that I have never had any dreams about the greys or alien UFOS before (other then my abduction IF you believe that was a dream). I would also like to point out that last night, after having spent an entire day reading and thinking about aliens, that I had a dream about an Alaskan fishing trip.

the reason I tell that story is to site example. I am wondering if you have this ability but are not aware of it?

I am a practitioner of Lucid Dreaming techniques and i'm familiar with varying degrees of dream control. This is why "lucid" is in my username.

Thanks for your help in doing do that, as it is my goal too.

[edit on 013131p://28u17 by Lucid Lunacy]

posted on Mar, 28 2006 @ 01:37 PM
link   

My vision was fine.

Just curious, are your glasses a high prescription, are you near-sighted or far-sighted?

posted on Mar, 28 2006 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by shaunybaby
Feeling numb would indicate a dream state, rather than reality.

It would indicate sleep paralysis. It's crucial that you seperate the two.

It's my theory, at the moment, that the Greys exploit that inate biological sleep paralysis and suspend it. Which I feel gives weight to the fact some many cases occur at night and after the abductees sleep. They could be injecting me with something, not sure.

Undo is also looking into different methods of paralysis. I am trying my best to remember my bodies condition during the experience so I can determine the exact state of paralysis I was in.

I've heard people tell me about when they've had serious phobias that they can't physically move... 'they feel paralysed'.

Fair enough. I might have a phobia for Greys

Ever had the dream where you're naked in a public place? That again is one of the universal dreams. Now for every minute, or second you're dreaming that, you feel like you're actually there...you feel the embaresment etc.

I have had this dream.

It's when you wake up you think 'silly me, just a dream, I wasn't naked in public'.

Yes the recognition of the difference between the dream world and waking life is indeed there...I agree.

Maybe it's because on some level prior you had dreamt about being abducted, but not as vividly as that one night.

I have never experienced other cases of that. Where I dreamt a lesser dream and then later dreamt a more "realisitc" dream and then decided it was in fact "reality".

[edit on 013131p://28u30 by Lucid Lunacy]

posted on Mar, 28 2006 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kyonshi

My vision was fine.

Just curious, are your glasses a high prescription, are you near-sighted or far-sighted?

Very astute. Im surprised you're the first to mention. At that time in my life I might have been wearing contacts (sometimes to bed, which I don't suggest), not sure tough.

My glasses are not a high prescription and I am near-sighted. The Greys were standing over me, less that a foot away.

posted on Mar, 28 2006 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Very astute. Im surprised you're the first to mention. At that time in my life I might have been wearing contacts (sometimes to bed, which I don't suggest), not sure tough.

My glasses are not a high prescription and I am near-sighted. The Greys were standing over me, less that a foot away.

Sounds about right, the avatar didn't make it seem like you had an overly high prescription. I used to sleep with contacts in, back in highschool, not very comfortable.

I'm nearsighted also, with a higher prescription most likely, but even I would be able to make out something that close, with dim lighting, without contacts or glasses. Especially if they arn't.. human features.

posted on Mar, 28 2006 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Lucid, were you interested in 'lucid dreaming' prior to your experience? You say you are a practitioner. To what degree? Would you say you are a high level lucid dreamer? Can you give any examples? Are you into biofeedback at all?

My experience comes from an early ability to go into an empty trance by focusing on a blank white wall. I then used a variation of this technique to "break into" or initiate lucidity while dreaming.

Can you expand on what kind of techniques you employ?

posted on Mar, 28 2006 @ 03:20 PM
link   

They could be injecting me with something, not sure.

In that case there would be a mark left behind, maybe even slight bruising.

The Greys were standing over me, less that a foot away.

How can they stand over you... they were 4ft tall.

[edit on 28-3-2006 by shaunybaby]

posted on Mar, 28 2006 @ 03:38 PM
link   
I believe he said his bed was very low to the floor.

posted on Mar, 28 2006 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I find it highly interesting that they were grey colored, and oval headed. Thats not exactly typical, and *might* point to a non-physical senario.

posted on Mar, 28 2006 @ 04:43 PM
link   

In that case there would be a mark left behind, maybe even slight bruising.

Well i had a cortisol function test a while back which involved an injection in my arse. No bruising occured, no pain afterwards and if i hadn't known i had been injected there i doubt i would have even noticed.

Just wanted to point that out.

posted on Mar, 28 2006 @ 05:46 PM
link   
ImaginaryReality is right. The new drug injection needles are extremely thin and rarely even leave a mark. It's the IVs and blood removal needles that leave bruising. They are deliberately larger to get the job done quicker.

posted on Mar, 28 2006 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImaginaryReality1984
yet you can't 'feel' the grey grabbing your ankle. This suggests a dream state. As I just said, everything can seem real, what you see, what you hear...but you rarely 'feel' anything in dreams, which would account for you not 'feeling' him grab your ankle.

All 5 of my senses are used in dreams actually. It varies from dream to dream. I feel in dreams fairly often too.

Iroi_Komei also mentioned he experiences all 5 senses in dreams.

The difference is that an adult can wake up and go "Yeah that was a dream" and a child has trouble. I have had very real dreams just like everyone else but i never thought one of them actually happened.

Right, that has been one of my points. I am glad there are others who can attest to that.

Although i wish the one involving Keira Knightley had happened, sigh.

It's a shame I am not more in-tuned with the Universal/shared Dream thing

I once slid down the stairs that was carpetted, i got scratches instead of burns. I would suggest this happened because i was wearing clothing and the stairs hadn't been vacumed in a while. I can only guess that some particles on the carpet got trapped in lines of the clothing and so scratched me rather than burnt me.

You got scratches from the carpet eh? Cool thanks for mentioning that. I was also thinking maybe the carpet hadn't been vacuumed in a while. After my abduction experience I made sure the carpet in my room was very clean, but I still get the scratches. Granted I don't keep the carpet outside my room as clean.

I believe lucid has gone through great pains to say he is not sure is he was abducted. He himself described an experience and then stated that he didn't know if it was a dream or real. He has been very good about not simply believing it. Read his earlier posts.

Well...

I do believe I was abducted. Completely. On an intellectual level I am open to the possibility that I wasn't.
I do not believe it was a dream as I am very familiar with dream states, and I have never had dream(s) about aliens/UFOS, etc. I am however open to the possibility it was one. I do not think sleep walking is a logical explanation since there was 12 people living inside that house and they not once see or hear me sleep walk.

So yes I do believe I was. I am certainly open to the possibility I wasn't. I had hoped to share my abduction story on ATS and shed some light on it. I don't think this is possible without critical minds.

[edit on 103131p://28u32 by Lucid Lunacy]

posted on Mar, 28 2006 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Well...

I do believe I was abducted.

I think it highly likely.

Whether it was a physical manifestation or not, it makes it no less "real". Sure seems something external from yourself interacted with you and possibly not on a physical level. Who is to say all experiences occur in physical reality.

posted on Mar, 29 2006 @ 02:17 AM
link   
I fit all of those criteria you (JR) laid out and I too had a strange experience when I was 4 or so years old.

For all who are curious it was like a Hummingbird type thing that flew up in my face and chest while I freaked out about it , and it was "Glowing" even though it was the middle of the afternoon in the Texas Summer.

I have thought about that alot , but I tend to focus on my true UFO sighting and Close encounter if you will from 2002.

Compared to that the "Hummingbird" thing when I was young wasn't much.

But its strange to "fit in" with what your talking about here.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join