It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do believers have more encounters?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Why does it seem that believers have more encounters with ufos, e.t.s than non-believers?

Here are a few possibilities...

1. Their are actually no ufos, extra terrestrials. Goverments possess technology that is misinterprited as those things.

2. The state of mind gives the ability to see these things. (say if ufos are between demensions, and only people with the right mindset can see into the area between both dimensions.)

3. The Government made a deal with alien civilization to only interact with people that it can control or defame.

4.Non-believers even after a genuine experience will refuse to accept what has happened. Otherwise they will become part of the cover-up.

Any other theories?

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 04:32 PM
link   
5. People are belivers because they have had encounters.

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xeros
5. People are belivers because they have had encounters.

You took the words right out of my mouth.

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I'm not so sure the statement is accurate...

Obviously, if one has had an encounter, they are likely to then be a believer. If not a believer, then they'd have likely dismissed a non-spectacular sighting as something else....and rationalized it away.

Of course, on the other hand, many believers often mistake ordinary objects as further encounters (i.e. like a seagull for example...
)

Personally, I'm a skeptical believer. I've had a pretty spectacular sighting when I was pretty young, and it's hooked me ever since.... But, that's really the only true sighting I've had. I've had my own share of mistaken sightings as well, which later proved to be identified. For example, before it was revealed, I saw an SR71-Blackbird in a hangar, head-on (I'm a Lockheed brat). From that angle (and the crew was covering it with a tarp), it looked balls-on like an alien ship. Only years later did I realize what it actually was. However, no such terrestrial explanation for my first sighting....

However, it's important to remember to first rule out the mundane before leaping to an alien explanation. I think those of us believers who do follow such steps are more likely to be heard, and eventually this will lead to more truth in the subject.

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 06:14 PM
link   
In my case, I was born to a very fundie family and I rejected all the hellfire and brimstone as a toddler, so around age 5 there was a gray who came to 'play' with me and nobody could see it but me.
I learned at an early age they are NOT here to hurt us but to protect the planet.
It left at about age 7 saying they would be back when I was old enough to do trance.
That is a truth that came about just as they said, so I have no reason not to trust them or doubt their intentions.

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by siriuslyone

That is a truth that came about just as they said, so I have no reason not to trust them or doubt their intentions.

Did this make you question your sanity? Lots of children have imaginary friends...

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 09:28 PM
link   
I think nearly half the world believes in Aliens. I do, but I'm skeptical because a lot of humans like to play on that belief and lie in order to further their own agenda (aka money).

I don't think believing in aliens has much to do with seeing aliens. I think there is a possibility that a person that opens their mind beyond a human fight or fright level may be picked by the aliens.

I think the aliens aren't in the business to reveal themselves. They could do it easily yet choose not to. And those that do see them, well I guess I'll just have to be jealous. The rumor is that the aliens are done "revealing themselves"...it's time for the next step. I hope so because our human ego-centric world needs some help.

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Maybe its because people who have 'encounters' and aren't believers rationalise the experience in other ways.

"I was drunk or stoned or tired", know what I mean

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 04:03 PM
link   
People have been shown in psychological testing to not to want to see evidence shown to their eyes in front of others.

Why do debunkers not talk about this? What about the spouse that does not want to hear that the other is having affairs? Very common, most of us will see this in our life-- its called denial. VERY common.

The opposite of denial is having an open mind to possibilities. Also common in the general population.

I'm going on a stretch here but here goes: open minded people are perceived as being SUPERIOR to the aliens as compared to the closed minded people.

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Another really obvious explanation is that more observant people will tend to have more 'encounters'. If you're not looking you won't see it. And if you're observant you're likely that way all the time thereby increasing your odds of seeing another.

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by jtma508
Another really obvious explanation is that more observant people will tend to have more 'encounters'. If you're not looking you won't see it. And if you're observant you're likely that way all the time thereby increasing your odds of seeing another.

I think this makes total sense, if your looking that hard for it your bound to see it. I'm a believer in extra-terrestrials but iI have had no experiences, I believe I might have seen a ufo but i have no proof to back it. Now ufo encounters arent that common right? But there have been reports in various books that there were alot of peole who didnt believe in aliens that have had experiences so really the auhtors first post doesnt really make sense.

new topics

top topics

join