It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will 2008 election be another sham?

page: 1

join
share:
la2

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Hillary Clinton seems to be the popular choice so far to take the Democratic nomination in 2008, and President Clintons record on the campaign trail tends to suggest her chances are very good.

Can the Republicans resist the opportunity to repeat the Bush/Florida debacle of 2000, and will they be able to get away with it twice?

A US point of view would really help my train of thought on this issue!

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 12:55 PM
link   
We are assuming, of course, that the last two presidential elections were shams to begin with. Not sure I agree with that premise, in fact very sure I don't. But just for giggles: Nope, because people are going to be looking very, very carefully at the election results. Maybe if we are really lucky, those shining examples of democracy, the Iranians, or North Koreans will send observers to ensure a fair election
. Seriously, I just don't see any funny business being successful, at least not in any great influential way.

Someone will try, they always do; But this time around, too many watchful eyes, my own included, will be watching for any shenanigans.

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Well the 2008 election certainly seems tilted in favor of the Clinton camp with the amount of funds she's getting for her campaings and also her influence in the democratic camps. The Republicans need a strong contender who will disassociate himself with this administration as much as possible but cut into middle america with the same evangelican support that Bush had.

I want to see micheal more's face if Rove or Rumsfeld makes president !!

Unlikely but the probability of mass suicides over an election result seems amusing.

posted on Mar, 28 2006 @ 02:45 AM
link   
I certainly hope not. I think if there is a particular type of voting that supports a paper trail, I would be inclined to think that the election might not be a sham. But then again, if Diebold has something to do with electronic voting we might be into another of those "strange coincidences".

Instead of having the people do the dirty work of watching the election process, why not have the U.N oversee the elections to declare whether it is fair or not? It happens in other countries.

top topics

join