It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earth to have close brush with comet

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2006 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Well, Snafu, is probably right.

I dont want doomsday anymore than anyone else does.

I guess we'll know more in a couple of weeks- one thing is certain; the government will never inform us, neither will NASA or anyone else. Its up to us to do the research on this one.

posted on Apr, 21 2006 @ 10:51 PM
link   
I have been watching this day and I believe this is near the end of the cycle Just as in Noah's time The Nephilim are on the earth in these days. I do believe that in 1995 the end of all flesh was at hand but in 2003 it was altered. I f you are right the same pattern will apply.
1. The flood begin seven days after the Seventh day of the second Hebrew month Iyar most translations of the TORAH are incorrect as they have the family of Noah locked in the Arc for the second Passover Not so the third day after the second Passover is the day they went into the Arc then G-D shut the door and seven days the flood begin.
2. All people experience the first three plagues. The pure people are exempt from the next seven; as it was with Moses, it was with Noah.
3. This will bring an end to the New World Order as the ZIONEST invasion it.
4. The Creator hates centralized governments calls them Whores, in fact the work Armageddon (Whore-Migdolis: mountain of whores) two Hebrew words representing the United Nations.
5. Next year we may see some pure people making Passover as Moses directed. No wonder what will happen in the Seventh month? drinking the blood of a Moabite beast JESUS or eating as much pork as they can hold. It is my great hope that not one of these Cannibals survive.

posted on Apr, 21 2006 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Huh? What has all that got to do with this thread... I'm truely at a loss.

posted on Apr, 21 2006 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by cdk12
drinking the blood of a Moabite beast JESUS or eating as much pork as they can hold. It is my great hope that not one of these Cannibals survive.

This would mean....

posted on Apr, 21 2006 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by cmdrkeenkid
First off: No, it is not going to hit us. I'm sure that was the main thought on everyone's mind.

Well actually. Yes it may. NASA doesn't even know....

posted on Apr, 21 2006 @ 11:02 PM
link   
I really cant wait for the week spanning May 23-26th. Ive read on several new sources about this brush with a comet. I say this not because i want an end to the thread but rather because no one REALLY knows for sure exactly whats going to happen. But we DO know one thing....the metor showers are going to rock. Im sooo borrowing my buddies High End Digi Cam....I highly doubt that anyone from my generation is going to get a Light show this magnificent. If as soo many of you say is true that we are going to have a REAL close encounter with the tail end of this comet and that thier MIGHT be debris close enough and large enough to actually strike earth that means that there will be, *crosses fingers*, loads of tiny lil particulets that strike the Earths Atmosophere and give those of us down here on the ground a light show to rival even the Best US Fourth of July.

WHOOOOHOOO Cant wait for the metor shower....hopefully none strike but if they do whats worrying going to accomplish. The internet will prolly come crashing down...society as we know it will have to adapt to survive in the new enviroment/reality/whatever the heck a comet does to our planet. Either way the light show is going to ROCK....look for a thread with pictures at the end of May cause ill be putting up any and all photos i can take.

El senor pom pom rides again

posted on Apr, 21 2006 @ 11:05 PM
link   
No, NASA does know... The cooks who don't believe NASA are the ones who don't.

Who are you going to trust: NASA, who does this stuff every day? Or the people who do their "orbital calculations" off NASA charts that specifically says, " The applet was implemented using only 2-body methods, and hence should not be used for determining accurate... planetary encounter circumstances?"

posted on Apr, 21 2006 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Elsenorpompom
I really cant wait for the week spanning May 23-26th. Ive read on several new sources about this brush with a comet. I say this not because i want an end to the thread but rather because no one REALLY knows for sure exactly whats going to happen. But we DO know one thing....the metor showers are going to rock. Im sooo borrowing my buddies High End Digi Cam....I highly doubt that anyone from my generation is going to get a Light show this magnificent. If as soo many of you say is true that we are going to have a REAL close encounter with the tail end of this comet and that thier MIGHT be debris close enough and large enough to actually strike earth that means that there will be, *crosses fingers*, loads of tiny lil particulets that strike the Earths Atmosophere and give those of us down here on the ground a light show to rival even the Best US Fourth of July.

WHOOOOHOOO Cant wait for the metor shower....hopefully none strike but if they do whats worrying going to accomplish. The internet will prolly come crashing down...society as we know it will have to adapt to survive in the new enviroment/reality/whatever the heck a comet does to our planet. Either way the light show is going to ROCK....look for a thread with pictures at the end of May cause ill be putting up any and all photos i can take.

Tiny.... TINY???? they are suppossed to be the size of cars. LOL Have fungetting sqaushed.. wanna hear something wierd? Well this is supposed to happen around Texas in May, I am going* to Texas in May... o__o

posted on Apr, 21 2006 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Well, Snafu, is probably right.

I dont want doomsday anymore than anyone else does.

I guess we'll know more in a couple of weeks- one thing is certain; the government will never inform us, neither will NASA or anyone else. Its up to us to do the research on this one.

I'll tell ya what. I'll see what I can do. I'll try to astral project into the future and see what I can see. Chances are that may not work, so I'll ask for a vision. In fact, I'll ask for one tonight. Well take care.

posted on Apr, 21 2006 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by truthmatters1111
Tiny.... TINY???? they are suppossed to be the size of cars. LOL Have fungetting sqaushed.. wanna hear something wierd? Well this is supposed to happen around Texas in May, I am going* to Texas in May... o__o

Who says that this is going to happen in Texas? The same people who said it would impact the Atlantic and cause 200 m tall tsunami?

And these fragments are tiny compared to most everything else out there.

posted on Apr, 22 2006 @ 05:27 AM
link   
EXACTLY cmdkeen. These objects are not going to be crossing our orbit at the ideal trajectory for earth atmosphere penetration. I dont know the exact angle at which they will be rubbing up against our atmosphere...but it is more than likely some real oblique angle that will cause the comet fragments to "bounce" or "skip" across our atmosphere providing for a great light show but a HIGHLY UNLIKELY probability of actual earth strikes. The math is just not in it for an actual Earth Strike. The comet fragment would have to be quite large for it to retain structural integrity long enough to actually "hit" the earth.

But im no Astro-physist this is just a laymen using logic, base calc, and sorta parroting what all the other astrophysists are saying...so yeah take it or leave...either way you better be looking up come end of may cause its gonna rock..no pum intended

el senor pom pom rides again

posted on Apr, 22 2006 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Its going to be about this size:

That's what some of the websites mentioned.

posted on Apr, 22 2006 @ 02:01 PM
link   
DUDE!!! If the objects that MIGHT collide with earth were going to be that big I would think that regardless of wether or not the governments of the world didnt want the everyday average citizen to know people would know. I.E private satelite images would be flooding the web. The trickle of dommsdayers(not saying anything bad about doomsdayers everynow and again they are dead on) would be a FLOOD. And im just not seeing that...while that fer me is not direct evidence of the validity of the claims by orginzations such as NASA that the debris that might strike the earth will be inherently small/tiny in nature. But thats just wat I think...The possibility/probability of earth strikes is just a lil too low in my opionion to get too worried about the end of may. Plus everyone knows the world ends in 2012 lol, so how can it end now....

el senor pom pom rides again

posted on Apr, 22 2006 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Senor Pom pom...

Usted sabe mas que yo?

Look, i dont beleive its the END. I just think its a possibility that something may hit us- as for hitting Texas, no. Its supposed to hit the Atlantic. I'm worried only because i'm sitting here in the middle of the Atlantic.
Just a little concerned, that's all.

I'm not even wearing my foil hat today.

posted on Apr, 22 2006 @ 02:49 PM
link   
www.surfersvillage.com...

take a look at this wave. and this one is only 20 metres. now try and comprehend ten times the size

i personally got munched windurfing in ??1988?? ie hurricane diane off the north east coast of uk windsurfing in 40ft mush piles. and i can tell you its no fun swimming home afterwards

mod edit / fixed link

[edit on 22-4-2006 by masqua]

thanks masqua. i dont know why it didnt post properly. never happend before

[edit on 22-4-2006 by AGENT_T]

posted on Apr, 22 2006 @ 02:58 PM
link   
If you say whats true, about the comet hitting the earth,?? How large will the wave be and how far across Europe will This hit??
And What exactly is the dates of this supposingly to happen.. So That I know Ima Hit The Highlands of Scotland And wait for the end to come... Hopefully it will not happen... If it does see you lot in the after life..
if there is one

CIAO...

posted on Apr, 22 2006 @ 04:27 PM
link   
forgot to post Yeah I will go to the highlands sits withmy bottle off scottish whisky ans sit and sing... youll take the high road and I'll take the low road thent he wav will hit me
Sorry I had to add that Im Just Having Fun Now We supposingly have so long ti live Peace!!!!

posted on Apr, 22 2006 @ 04:53 PM
link   
get a pair of khaki shorts and sandshoes,pretend to be an english tourist on holiday and head up ben nevis mate. ...from a billy connoly sketch'...when the mountain rescue comes to save you from hypothermia tell them to hang around and watch the 500 - 600 ft go past your feet but head up an extra hundred or to in case you get splashed

but seriously if the fragment' the size of a monster truck' from the tail pieces does hit. in the antlantic off america by the way' it,s gonna mean a wet time for most of america and the westerly side of europe uk and africa too i would think.. aberdeen should be fine tho so no need to cancel golf that day. ps welcome from a geordie

posted on Apr, 22 2006 @ 10:30 PM
link   
okay....where in the world are you all getting these predictions of Monster Truck size comet fragments getting close enough to the earth to actually hit. From what I understand the Comets Orbit is a lil over five hours ahead of hours. Meaning YES we will cross orbital paths but the bulk of the Comet along with the Larger Chunks will be long past by the time crosses the Comets orbit.

Now I am open to the possibility that something large could be outside of the normal gravity well projected by large spacial objects. So my question is this....WHERE are you getting this information....other than Tabloids which are notriously inaccurate I have seen no mention anywhere other than on some theads here on ATS that mention Monster Truck Size Fragements. Does anyone have any links any satelite imaging that can back up these claims. We have cameras and all kinds of high tech space junk just floating up there...if there really were chunks that big that would hit us i really think we would have imagining of it...but than again if it were a forgone conclusion i could see major world governments just being like well we are all going to die anyways why not panic the lil ones....I dont know...but am interested in any nontabloid sources....

posted on Apr, 22 2006 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Naw Man Ill Be Wearing My Kilt just like any scottish guy aye... So Ye kEN come to aberdeen and sit with us while we signin and swallying a bottle of whisky.. you'll tak tha high road while, we hit with a big wav.. should be cool
.. Just Jokin... This is serious man.... think its time to run to the hills and live in the caves
Like them cave men years ago !! cool

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join