It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Am I Hearing, Taos Hum?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Okay to begin with, a few years back I used to wake during the night or early morning hours , hearing what seemed like a radio or TV in the distance with what always sounded like news broadcasts very low volume. No one else heard them , and they would get lower and eventually fade off. This went on for about three or for months and eventually they stopped. Now at the time I lived about a mile behind a nuclear facility.

Now about three years later, I live about four miles from that same facility and have begun to hear what is like a humming noise at night that goes on for what seems like hours, the area I live in is pretty quiet. Once again no one else hears this noise, my stepson tells me its a motorbike driving by which I know is incorrect because the hum is continious. I have gone as close as possible to this nuclear facility and I dont belive the noise to be coming from there. And Im not a paranoid type of person, just curious as to what is happening and why. Then again maybe I am paranoid as I distust the government.

Ive looked on the internet and what I find that comes close to what I hear are posted in the attached links. Is anyone familiar with this Taos Hum or have anything regarding it, this seems to be all I can find on it, or does anyone think it may be something else? In the first link there are a couple of wav files to listen to, the (Ron Hill recording at Avebury) is almost identical to what I am hearing.

amasci.com...

www.earthpulse.com...

[edit on 26-3-2006 by tracer]

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Could it not be that you have an unusual level of hearing.. as in sensitive to certain sounds?
I'm not sure if anyone else has but often when out in the coutryside at night i often pick up on a pulsing noise from various directions (not a constant tone).. I put it down to bats or something similar.. but it too seems far fetched.. any ideas anyone? (If i am with others everyone else can't hear the noise im talking about even when i indicate when and where it is originating from)

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I don't know anything about the Tao's Hum but those sounds are often associated with astral projection as well. In the process of projection many will hear sounds such as static, wind, waves etc. The most effective way of projection in my experience is like you are doing waking up in the early morning hours and attempting astral then. Your subconscious could be attempting or returning from an unconscious OOBE. Just my 2 cents.

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Baphomet, never been into any astral projection. So are you telling me that I am possibly attempting to project and not knowing that I am doing it? Always thought it might be nice to try though. Knights, actually my hearing is not the best in the world to begin with, so seems that I should have hard time picking up on sounds, but with this one im not.

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I bet it has to do with cell phone towers or something. Probably some kind of mind numbing frequency to keep us in a lower thought pattern. I hear it too in my room. Sounds similar to those ghetto people that drive cars with lots of bass subwoofers playing rap songs. Constant undulating deep bass line.

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Okay to begin with, a few years back I used to wake during the night or early morning hours , hearing what seemed like a radio or TV in the distance with what always sounded like news broadcasts very low volume. No one else heard them , and they would get lower and eventually fade off. This went on for about three or for months and eventually they stopped. Now at the time I lived about a mile behind a nuclear facility.

May I suggest do you have the Taos Hum and not from the nuclear facility.
It is sometimes so loud you feel 'how cannot everybody hear this'?
I had this years ago and was given all kind of tests and they could find nothing wrong with my eardrums..
Finally, I begged ths doctors to do something and he prescribed Antivert and it was wondrous.
Please find you a doctor that will give you some Antivert. Works wonders.

amasci.com...

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Just a thought, do you have a tv in your bedroom?

For example, if its near quiet in my room, I'll hear the faint sounds of static and voices, like you said, like a newscast. Eventually, I found that the sound was coming from my tv. Apparently, even with it turned off, the sound of whatever station was last on will still imminate through the speakers, very faintly.

I suggest, if you do have a tv in your room, put your ear to the speaker when its off, see if you hear anything, and if so, just unplug your tv.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 12:33 AM
link   
I hear the hum. It even vibrates my eardrums. I cannot stand it. I cannot even sleep anymore. No one else hears the hum. Its gotton so bad I now percieve the hum as a vibration. I hear it in every room in my house but louder in my bedroom and my little girls where I can say its almost even louder. I am scared we are being radiated or something. When I try to find where its coming from, I end up outside and I cannot hear it there. Once I even cut all the power in our home to see if it was a fridge vibrating or something. Even with all the power cut I could still hear it and then I could faintly hear it in the inner garden. So its not the electricity in my home thats causing it. My husband cannot hear it. Every night gets worse. I try to block out the humming, but I just can't.

I couple of weeks ago I went to the lake and was so happy to think It would be silent and I would be able to sleep. To my surprise I could hear the humming there too...only fainter. Now that made me believe it must be in my head, but its so loud! Why can't anyone else hear it! Please tell me what this is.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 09:24 AM
link   
You might try googling "Taos hum"

You would learn that Taos hum ( which is also heard in other places ) sounds like a big diesel idling.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by tracer

Ive been waking up during the night hearing this noise too, not all the time but its becoming more frequent.

Sounds like my neighbour has their car running but each time I look theres either no car there or its not idiling.

Im usually a bit of a sceptic but it definately makes sense to me.

I have actually just picked up a youtube video of the Taos Hum and this is identical to what I hear, my partner gets angry at me waking her up through the night when I hear this.

Hear is the link for the video, let me know if this is what you are talking about.

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 20-7-2008 by XXXN3O]

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Okey, so I'm not crazy. Hey all, just signed up awhile ago. My story's about the same I live here in central New York, a few years ago when I was living in an apartment, I was being woken by this annoying hum, it'd start around midnight to two, three o'clock in the morning, none of my neighbors could hear it. This'd go on for days, then it'd stop, then pick back up again. It was getting to the point of good from a good mood to po'd soon as the hum would start. No matter where I went in the apartment I could hear it, I'd go outside an it'd be louder, but yet I'd still be the only one that could hear it. Now a little info, an Air Force Base was about fifteen, twenty miles away from me, the apartment was beside the flight path to the air base. I'd lived there about ten years, the hum didn't start till after four. Now I've moved an the base is closed an haven't heard that damn hum since.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Is it your central heating system? The only and only time I have been plagued by a hum (an extremely low level, low frequency noise that only I seemed to be able to hear), it turned out to be the central heating system in the house. I think there must have been some sort of resonant frequency in the piping. I cured it by putting a wooden wedge between a pipe and the wall.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 08:10 AM
link   
No, that place didn't have a central heating/cooling system. This hum and I don't really want to say it's a hum exactly but it would just start an their'd never be a change to it's pitch or tone.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 03:53 PM
link   
You might want to rule out as many terrestial reasons as possible, The suggestion of putting your ear to all the sound sources in your home is valid. Also pick up a cheap EM detector and see if there is an unusal level of EM radiation in parts of your home. We are now awash in EM pollution and it is not a far stretch that some have developed a sensitivity to EM radiation, like some are to chemicals.

One interesting quirk of em radiation is that it has been known to stimulate the inner ear drum and produce an internal noise not detectable with standard recording equipment. The Aurora's are an example of this. They are at the right frequency to stimulate the inner ear and produce a static crackling noise, which is not ambient.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 11:18 PM
link   
It's funny though that since the base for the most part is closed, I haven't heard the hum.

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

I suffer from a low humming noise, which sounds like a generator or transformer. It started a few years back but started to become unbearable in June of this year. It is very distressing. I live in a semi-rural neighborhood but there is a mill nearby, but I think that may have been ruled out, at least partly.

Having just returned from a cross country trip and not having been bothered that whole time, I am convinced there is nothing wrong with my hearing and that the problem is localized, though it doesn't seem as though anyone else around here can here it.

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I'm in central NY as well. I've ruled out everything inside my home, having turned off the breaker and the noise persists.

It is really strange. Sometimes I feel it as much as hear it, and the noise cannot be pinpointed - it's just all around me oozing from all the walls. It sounds mostly like a generator or a transformer humming/buzzing.

Glad you were fortunate enough to have it go away. Are you talking about Romulus by any chance?

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

I'm searching for the reasons too, as I suffer as you do. This is the most perplexing thing I have ever had to deal with.

When I am outside of my house, I do not have any problems at all, and I have eliminated all electrical/mechanical devices by turning off all the power like you did. I am hoping to find a support group to deal with this problem.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 06:34 AM
link   
I began hearing the hum about 15 years ago, but in the past 7 years it has gotten louder. My son who is 25, thought I was crazy. I come home from work and constantly say "there is no peace in this house!" I am always asking him - don't you hear that noise? It's like a low rumbling, droning noise and it never stops. It's almost like the bass of someone's stereo in the far off distance. I have looked inside, outside, everywhere and no source of the noise. I put my ears up to the walls, open windows, check everywhere, and nothing. I thought it was my neighbor's stereo one night and got dressed and went outside to find out I didn't hear anything but the crickets. I was so puzzled! It goes on day and night and it's worse when I try to sleep at night between 10 p.m. and about 4 a.m. If I go outside, I don't hear it. It keeps me up, gives me headaches, makes me edgy and miserable, and just makes my life a living hell. The strange thing is for the past five nights I haven't heard it as much. I have been doing more work on the computer and my son has been spending more time doing other things. Get this - just yesterday he came and asked me what the noise he is hearing is. I said, what noise? He said the low droning, rumbling noise he keeps hearing. So of course I said, you mean the one that I've been complaining about and you told me I was crazy and I must be Pocohontas since I can hear every little noise? I had to re-tell him the whole story since what I complained about before literally went in one ear and out the other. So now he hears it and it's driving him nuts. We both discussed how we have gone all over looking for the source. I have been sitting at the computer with stereo headphones on listening to a movie and I could still hear it. I thought it was the computer chair and so did he. I don't know what it is but I know it is real and people are hearing it. I don't know if it's the shifting of the earth's crust or something manmade that some people hear the frequency of and others don't. Who knows?

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 06:38 AM
link   
By the way, we are in Norcross, Georgia. I was also going to tell you guys that not only do I hear it, but I feel the vibration - and it feels like it's in my bones. Sometimes it feels like it's in my head, and my son said the same thing. The only reason I can figure out that I haven't heard it as loud for the past five days and all the sudden he started hearing it is because it must be humming at a different frequency causing him to pick up on the sound all the sudden.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join